Abdul Hodge will be the steal of the draft...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Family Night was any indication on how Hodge's career will go, he'll be in Canton after his career is over. He's a monster...does anyone realize we may have just drafted the next Ray Lewis?

OK, I might be getting a little ahead of myself but he was damn impressive tonight and all training camp from what I've heard and read.

Bring on the preseason games and let's see if his dominating play continues. No way will McCarthy keep #55 off the field if he keeps this level of play.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah and I agree he is very talented and he said that himself that Ferentz (his college coach at Iowa) was an NFL coach so they kind of know whats going on (so thats what I think I heard)

but yeah what I saw I can see Hodge,Hawk,Barnett the 3 starting LB's (I dont know maybe not Hodge and Ben Taylor or Brady Poppinga) but I hope its Hodge.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is seriously way too exciting....

Hodge/Barnett/Hawk

Butcher/Ninja/Hawk That sounds like a courageous crime fighting ********* from a comic book... dont lie if you were a running back that would scare you. or maybe i should stop drinking.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Packnic, I think HOdge's only shot to do good is to start at MLB. That may not happen until next year, or unless Barnett decides to go somewhere else.

Yeah AADP. I seriously am not hoping that some of you are hoping to move Hodge outside.

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge is a MLB...... Loved him at Iowa and screemed when the Pack took him in the draft. Viking fans that I know and even Bear fans know what a steal he was, now all he needs to do is get on the field.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you a Hawkeye fan cheesy scot (cause I dont want to be the only one)

but I was real excited when they took Hodge and I know he was a big steal (I even thougth he would go before Greenway) because greenway is the interception type of LB and Hodge is the power type

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Move Barnet to outside and but Hodge in middle...

Wowzer

Barnet | Hodge | Hawk

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a Hawkeye.. Just moved from the Dubuque area to Cedar Rapids........ Now before everyone kills me for this.... I wouldn't be shocked in Hodge is better than Hawk....

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I agree. How did hodge do in college? Was he as good as he is now?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he had like 130 tackles in 2005 and like 120 in 2004

those are big number for the NFL let alone College

(PS. I Agree i think Hodge has more talent than Hawk I'm not saying that because I have like the Hawkeyes all my life)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
well he had like 130 tackles in 2005 and like 120 in 2004

those are big number for the NFL let alone College

(PS. I Agree i think Hodge has more talent than Hawk I'm not saying that because I have like the Hawkeyes all my life)

Hodge is a stud, but to say that he has more talent than Hawk is ridiculous.

Hawks head is spinning right now, which is not unexpected. Hodge is hitting just like people expected of him, but I think people are ignoring some pretty obvious mistakes he made in the scrimmage in their excitement too.

Both will be players, Hawk sooner than Hodge. Hodge is a middle linebacker who will see limited playing time and be a monster on special teams -- unless the coaches decide to move Barnett outside, which to this point they have shown no desire or inclination to do.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If (perish the thought) Sherossley was still in charge, Barnett would NEVER be moved outside...he had a fatal case of tunnelvision. We may have a better chance with MM, though. Obviously, I'm just a casual observer compared to many others here but I believe in going with the "hot hand", whoever it is. Right now Hodge has the hot hand. He's too good to sit on the bench.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but he probaly will they wont move Barnett and Taylor/Poppinga will get the othe OLB spot

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we have 'em both on our team. Good point, Bruce, serves no purpose comparing. Hawk might become a little more visible in next week's preseason game.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I know its just somtimes these 1st round draft picks dont live up to the hype, and the third rounders get a longer career. Maybe AJ isn't like that, I dont know.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Hodge hype . Personally I'd like to see him play atleast one down before we elect him to the hall of fame.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might just be that my hopes are too high on Hodge, I don't know. I DO know that I enjoy reveling in my Packers success, even if short-lived. After last year, it's just a HUGE relief to see at least two or three new men making their marks as GBP. How can you not feel joy that maybe, just maybe the announcement of the Packers demise was pre-mature. It is indeed possible that the D will give us re-newed hope until the O is ready to succeed. So I prefer to feel optimistic at this point.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
I don't understand all the Hodge hype . Personally I'd like to see him play atleast one down before we elect him to the hall of fame.

Well, it's kinda hard to play one down in a regular season game in early August...this is the time of year where speculation rules. If people think Hodge is going to be a future Hall of Famer, so what?!? Where's the harm in that?

I personally think Hodge is going to have an outstanding career and it's based on what he did in college (outplayed Greenway) and what has been reported so far in TC.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about Hall of fame but I think his career will be fine

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eventually they will move Barnett to the outside and start Hodge in the middle. For this year I think they're going to stay with Taylor as a SLB and Barnett as MLB.

With that said, Hodge doesn't have the physical attributes but when he's in the game, he's as good as any player you see on the field (college) so playing him on the outside might not be impossible. Personally I don't think he can do it on the outside but his size isn't apart of his game so he might be able to. I wouldn't count on it. I look for him in the middle and Barnett on the strong side in the near future.

Hodge stood out a lot last night. NFL Network edit the scrimmage. I was there and all you heard was Hodge's name over the speaker. Always around the ball.

So far he's looking great.

Members online

Latest posts