Abdul Hodge signing...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just met Abdul Hodge at a signing in Iowa City. He and Matt Roth from the Dolphins (they are both former Hawkeyes) were there signing for about an hour. I got them both to sign their rookie cards. Iowa is pretty lucky, in that our former players come back pretty frequently for events like this. My sister went with me, and Hodge signed her sticker and put #52, but my card had him in #55, so he signed my card #55.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just met Abdul Hodge at a signing in Iowa City. He and Matt Roth from the Dolphins (they are both former Hawkeyes) were there signing for about an hour. I got them both to sign their rookie cards. Iowa is pretty lucky, in that our former players come back pretty frequently for events like this. My sister went with me, and Hodge signed her sticker and put #52, but my card had him in #55, so he signed my card #55.

Very cool. Always glad to see when players are cool to their fans. :thumbsup:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is awesome, I went to a Hawkeye game in 2002 (Iowa vs Michigan State, Iowa won 44-16) and had my shirst signed by three of the players. I love Hodge and wish I had somthing signed from Hodge.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty excited when when GB drafted Hodge. I didn't really get to talk to him, though, cause Matt Roth was cracking jokes about Hodge's outstanding iceskating abilities. It was pretty funny.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty excited when when GB drafted Hodge. I didn't really get to talk to him, though, cause Matt Roth was cracking jokes about Hodge's outstanding iceskating abilities. It was pretty funny.

I have 3 former hawkeyes from my town. Grant Steen (Linebacker, played for the patriots for a while and in Europe. I mostly knew his dad but I've met him and talked with him) Bruce Nelson (Center who was drafted in the 2nd round by the Carolina Panthers, Bruce Nelson is one of the Nicest man I have met, I am proud to have met him let alone find myself in the same gym weightlifting with him...I dont lift as much as him though) and Sam Brownlee (Runningback, I dont know him to well but his grandfather lives near me.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweet!
I got Hodge and Hawk to sign my Lambeau Field print last year at the OTA's. They were real nice about it.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Sweet!
I got Hodge and Hawk to sign my Lambeau Field print last year at the OTA's. They were real nice about it.

Oh yeah, Hodge was really cool about signing. He seemed like he was having a good time talking to people. Of course, most of the people there were huge Hawkeye fans. Not too many people had him sign Packer things. Although one guy brought in one of those mini helmets, which I wish I had thought of.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats cool. My sister worked at menards in Madison and I guess Leroy Bulter came in to sign stuff a little while back, well the lines were packed sp she never went in them but yesterday they were cleaning out things and found 2 perfectly signed about 8" by 11 1/2 " signed pictures of Leroy Bulter, and today I got them both!

Members online

Latest posts