Abbrederis

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What's the latest on Abbrederis ? Recovered from concussion ? Back at practice ?
Robert, no offense intended but you can do a simple search to answer basic questions like these.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame, but ultimately his well-being moving forward trumps all other concerns. Retirement might be his best move.

He was going to have a difficult time getting a roster spot on the Packers in any event. Green Bay is deep at WR, and as the saying goes, you can't make the club from the tub. Best wishes for him in whatever he decides to do.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hadn't seen the report about the possibility of his career ending. Too bad, but even healthy he may not have made this team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may very well be considering walking away, but I have not seen anything credible to make me believe that.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't like what I'm saying? Put Me On Ignore
I did post "no offense intended" because you are relatively new here. I was basically saying the same thing the rules of this board say: Stop Making Duplicate Threads, USE SEARCH https://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/ BTW, if you don’t like to be criticized for anything you post, you will certainly be disappointed. Finally, if you don’t like what I’m posting, put me on ignore.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's hope Abby isn't reading the forum or his head might really be throbbing. :coffee:

My 2 cents and I have said it a number of times, given his concussion history and the latest information on long term effects of head injuries, as well as him being a well educated grounded family man, my money is on him following the path of fellow team mate Chris Borland and walking away from football.

Not sure if this is the case, but I am guessing from a PR standpoint and Abby's ties with Wisconsin, they just don't want to give him his walking papers like they did earlier to Adrian Coxson.

Given the depth at WR that the Packers have and the fact that Abby hasn't practiced much, if he did decide to continue his Football career, it may be somewhere else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hadn't seen the report about the possibility of his career ending. Too bad, but even healthy he may not have made this team.

I didn't see anything either about the possibility of his career ending even though I did do a simple search to answer basic questions like these.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There ya go. Took me about 2 minutes:
http://packersnotes.com/2015/08/end-of-road-for-abby/

And if you really want to get pissy about this, you recently started another thread with this comment, “Interesting competition for the #3 running back between Neal, Harris and Crockett”. That was it. No link to an article, no opinion advanced on your part. And you started another misspelling the QB’s name with “What’s the plan for Hunley? The Packers don’t usually keep 3 QBs”. Again, we have been discussing these issues on this board.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty worrisome that he still hasn't passed the concussion protocol nearly 3 weeks after the injury. The longer it goes, the more you worry about permanent damage. It certainly lends credibility to scouts' concerns that he likely had multiple concussions in college.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty worrisome that he still hasn't passed the concussion protocol nearly 3 weeks after the injury. The longer it goes, the more you worry about permanent damage. It certainly lends credibility to scouts' concerns that he likely had multiple concussions in college.
Sounds like maybe he's done. That's sad but the alternative, to keep taking hits, would be tragic.

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! Welcome to the Packer Fan Forum. I would have asked that question. That's what a forum is for.

Thanks Joe......Yes....That's what a forum is for......Discussion. I'm interested in other peoples thoughts, opinions and knowledge of the subjects. I'm not interested in criticisms and petty squabbles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The time it's taken to come back is worrisome, but it could mean so many things. I hope he's ok first and foremost, and after that I'd really like to see him get on the field and see what he can do. If he doesn't make it, he doesn't make it, but i'd like the kid to have a better shot than the current situation.

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not a lot of new information, but given what McCarthy said you have to think the Packers are still high on him. My hope is he keeps playing (if its isn't a major health risk) and they stash him another year on the PS.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for this post. There are so many sources of information it's hard for one person to be aware of everything. It's good to have all these eyes and ears together.
Yes it's hard for one person to be aware of everything. But you only have to read one current TC report to know Abbrederis isn't back at practice. And not being aware of everything doesn't justify starting a thread on anything that comes to your mind. You have 37 posts and started 7 threads so far. If you wonder 'what's the plan for Hundley?', why not search for a current discussion about Hundley? Same for Abbrederis, etc. What's next? A thread titled, "Aaron Rodgers is pretty good. Thoughts?"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO ....AR is better then just "pretty good" :coffee: Just saying.....wait....are we running with this topic now?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not trying to play peace keeper or step on anybodys toes here. But lets admit it, topics/ideas/thoughts get randomly spewed around here more then Monsanto seeds. I'm here quite a bit and can't read everything and sometimes searching for something on the forum search engine can be like Googling "cheese". So there is going to be some repetition and yes it does get annoying sometimes. But for the most part, many of us are here just to chat about one of our favorite topics of life, The Green Bay Packers. Are many of us redundant and sometimes off topic, hell yeah. but we are still having fun, right? :coffee:

Members online

Latest posts