Aaron's belt from Rick Flair?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Ric Flair really send Aaron Rodgers the WWE championship belt? | National Football Post

Former WWE and current TNA legend Ric Flair made an appearance on ESPNEWS Monday and claimed to have sent Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers and his Packers teammates two WWE World Championship belts — one of which was worn by the signal-caller as he was being presented his MVP award.

The greatest wrestler of all-time, Ric Flair.
But in a story on the CBS Chicago website, an intern for a local radio show proclaims that he was the one who sent the belt to Rodgers, who won his first Super Bowl on Sunday evening.

Mike Dubajic, an intern for WSCR 670 The Score in Chicago, reportedly bought the belt on WWE.com for $375. Last week, while he was in Dallas, he made sure the belt was sent to Rodgers.

“On Friday I went to the team hotel, and access to get into the hotel was very, very difficult as you’d probably imagine,” he said. “But one of the Packers security guys saw the belt, came over and grabbed it from me; swore to me over and over again that he would give it to Aaron, and he kept his promise.”

hehe, pretty cool if it's how he got it

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
seems much more logical that ric flair sent it, and not some random intern form a crappy radio show in chicago.............

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other story from Flair is that he gave it to Kevin Greene when he wrestled and that kevin gave it to Rodgers.

flair and I went to the same high school and one of my best friends is in the business so I should be able to find this out sometime soon.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
You read pretty fast.

you posted the second link at the same time as i posted that..........

edit: and now after reading your post, I'm still leaning towards Ric Flair sending it. As this "intern" has no proof what soever.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the pic (The second one on here) it's impossible to tell where there would be a missing gem stone or whatever. Packers.com, the official website of the Green Bay Packers
And if the guy is an intern for a news station, shouldn't he have gotten the security guy's name?
Plus if he's working for the media, it seems like he could have given the belt to A-Rod at a press conference or some other way.

Reaction score
That looks like a high calibur wrestling belt and very NWA/WCW Flair like in nature. It even has all the snaps. I doubt an intern would have something like that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just assumed the Packers players got it for him. (Not the case.)

But wherever it came from, that really is an awesome pick of the belt on his shoulder and the trophy in the other hand.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The WWE is just trying to cash in on him wearing their belt. Very annoying honestly.

how have they cashed in on it?

And if they are I would rather have them do that than sue him for improper use of a trademark or something like that. This way they both get something out of it.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are using the NFL's greatest brand, the Super Bowl, to advertise their own brand for free. The UFC tried to do the same thing, both knew it would be a great moment for their respective companies to have their belt up there with Lombardi. The WWE had it splashed on their website, I promise you the NFL hates that belt was shown on TV.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are using the NFL's greatest brand, the Super Bowl, to advertise their own brand for free. The UFC tried to do the same thing, both knew it would be a great moment for their respective companies to have their belt up there with Lombardi. The WWE had it splashed on their website, I promise you the NFL hates that belt was shown on TV.

I give you their website giving congrats to arod and the packers but how are they using the SB? As far as anyone knows WWE didnt pay him to wear the belt or give him the belt or encourage him to do anything with a belt. Should they sue Arod for using their trademark? Or should they just let it go, be classy, and say congrats on their website?

The NFL hates all celebrations, and I am sure are still a little annoyed at Vince for XFL.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would they sue when they got all that free advertising on SB Sunday? Did I mention it was free? That picture is the money shot for SB XLV, the QB lifting Lombardi for the first time always is. The WWE belt was apart of that shot. The WWE is laughing and the NFL are making sure it won't happen again.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts