Aaron Rouse

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder why we even cut him in the first place. Lately I've been watching Giants games and this guy certainly is a great playmaker. I understand that he gave up a huge play in the Bengals game but seriously if we use that logic to cut plauers than Crosby should have been long gone by now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he was playing like crap. In 2008 he made some plays, but had more than his share of big plays. This year, he had the chance when Bigby went down and killed us. He just didn't improve much from the time he was a rookie, and we sure don't miss him.

Good luck to him in NY, though I need to say that much of the struggle NY sustained this season happened by the time they lost their starting safety, Kenny Phillips. Coincidentally, Rouse started playing for them.

He had the physical tools (strong and fast), but the mental aspect of his game was plain awful.

At least that's the way I see it.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you have watched the game tonight he is no where to be seen on the long passes he is not a good safty period.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse was cut because he is stiff in coverage and he cannot cover TE's in man! he could be effective on a 4-3 team as a small WLB or monster back but to depend on him in coverage is dangerous. I just saw a play where Rouse should have given up a 64 yd TD but Mcnabb over threw the WR.
Pack88

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
he's definatley a one track guy. He's playing Safety like hes a cornerback. I'd like to see him do good, but some of the plays last night i was sure happy he wasn't a Packer no more.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder why we even cut him in the first place. Lately I've been watching Giants games and this guy certainly is a great playmaker. I understand that he gave up a huge play in the Bengals game but seriously if we use that logic to cut plauers than Crosby should have been long gone by now.

Because TT was in the middle of being lynched by the mobs. He threw Rouse as a sacrificial lamb to the masses. It seems to have worked for the time being. Wait until Favre exposes the safetys again.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because TT was in the middle of being lynched by the mobs. He threw Rouse as a sacrificial lamb to the masses. It seems to have worked for the time being. Wait until Favre exposes the safetys again.

C'mon Hausch, You and JQ are hardly a mob. TT doesn't fear the Favreheads. He doesn't have to toss any sheep that he doesn't want to toss. He's oblivious to everything, remember? At least, that's what I've heard here.

I'll bet TT cut Aaron Rouse because he wants the only Aaron on the team to be "his Aaron." That heartless bastard!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Hausch, You and JQ are hardly a mob. TT doesn't fear the Favreheads. He doesn't have to toss any sheep that he doesn't want to toss. He's oblivious to everything, remember? At least, that's what I've heard here.

I'll bet TT cut Aaron Rouse because he wants the only Aaron on the team to be "his Aaron." That heartless bastard!

Haus he's right. If there is one thing we know about TT, he never lets a good sheep or goat go to waste....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans should all hope Crosby gets out of this funk real quick cuz there isn't anybody out there for TT to replace him with right now. :thinking:

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think Rouse has the physically tools to be a very good cover two safety. I also think he could be an effective blitzer. He can hit and can cover, but I don't think he can read and react very well.

The word on the street is he's not a real cerebral guy and cannot quarterback a defense. That said, I still think cutting him was hasty. Didn't he miss a nice chunk of camp due to injury?

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think Rouse has the physically tools to be a very good cover two safety. I also think he could be an effective blitzer. He can hit and can cover, but I don't think he can read and react very well.

The word on the street is he's not a real cerebral guy and cannot quarterback a defense. That said, I still think cutting him was hasty. Didn't he miss a nice chunk of camp due to injury?

Actually he didn't do so bad during the time he got in the preseason. I thought that they had cut him too quick. And besides I think he did play a bit better than D Mason while Bigby was out.

Partial

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually he didn't do so bad during the time he got in the preseason. I thought that they had cut him too quick. And besides I think he did play a bit better than D Mason while Bigby was out.

Absolutely agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts