1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Aaron Rouse

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm starting to wonder why we even cut him in the first place. Lately I've been watching Giants games and this guy certainly is a great playmaker. I understand that he gave up a huge play in the Bengals game but seriously if we use that logic to cut plauers than Crosby should have been long gone by now.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Because he was playing like crap. In 2008 he made some plays, but had more than his share of big plays. This year, he had the chance when Bigby went down and killed us. He just didn't improve much from the time he was a rookie, and we sure don't miss him.

Good luck to him in NY, though I need to say that much of the struggle NY sustained this season happened by the time they lost their starting safety, Kenny Phillips. Coincidentally, Rouse started playing for them.

He had the physical tools (strong and fast), but the mental aspect of his game was plain awful.

At least that's the way I see it.

3. NICKBARNETT

NICKBARNETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    if you have watched the game tonight he is no where to be seen on the long passes he is not a good safty period.

4. Pack88

Pack88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Rouse was cut because he is stiff in coverage and he cannot cover TE's in man! he could be effective on a 4-3 team as a small WLB or monster back but to depend on him in coverage is dangerous. I just saw a play where Rouse should have given up a 64 yd TD but Mcnabb over threw the WR.
    Pack88

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    he's definatley a one track guy. He's playing Safety like hes a cornerback. I'd like to see him do good, but some of the plays last night i was sure happy he wasn't a Packer no more.

6. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah I was a little curious when they let him go, but he didnt look very good to me playing the Eagles.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Crosby should never be cut, he is a great kicker.

8. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7

I agree he is a great kicker, kickers always have a lot of head games.. We cut Longwell after he had that bad year, and now he's kicking great for the queens, Crosby has too big of a leg to give up on

9. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Because TT was in the middle of being lynched by the mobs. He threw Rouse as a sacrificial lamb to the masses. It seems to have worked for the time being. Wait until Favre exposes the safetys again.

10. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    C'mon Hausch, You and JQ are hardly a mob. TT doesn't fear the Favreheads. He doesn't have to toss any sheep that he doesn't want to toss. He's oblivious to everything, remember? At least, that's what I've heard here.

I'll bet TT cut Aaron Rouse because he wants the only Aaron on the team to be "his Aaron." That heartless bastard!

11. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Haus he's right. If there is one thing we know about TT, he never lets a good sheep or goat go to waste....

12. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Packer fans should all hope Crosby gets out of this funk real quick cuz there isn't anybody out there for TT to replace him with right now. :thinking:

13. Partial

Partial Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I think Rouse has the physically tools to be a very good cover two safety. I also think he could be an effective blitzer. He can hit and can cover, but I don't think he can read and react very well.

The word on the street is he's not a real cerebral guy and cannot quarterback a defense. That said, I still think cutting him was hasty. Didn't he miss a nice chunk of camp due to injury?

14. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Actually he didn't do so bad during the time he got in the preseason. I thought that they had cut him too quick. And besides I think he did play a bit better than D Mason while Bigby was out.

15. Partial

Partial Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely agree.