Aaron Rouse

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read the scouting reports on him.....he wasnt prokected until the 4rth round, he was a tweener, which means teams were trying to decided where they would play him....at linebacker or at safety.....

his knock is his intelliagnace, he performed horribly on the litmus test.

Dont get carried away with this guy.....its laughable, Collins will be back in 3-4 weeks

I stand corrected on the 40 time. I was thinking of someone else.

With that said, I watched Rouse at the Senior Bowl. He was around the ball an awful a lot. I actually talked about him on here before the Packers drafted him.

I don't think Rouse is going to come in and steal Nick Collins job from under his nose but I certainly think this playing time will go along ways in him earning a starting job one day, possibly.

You seem to be undermining the fact that a 3rd round pick is a high pick and that a lot of 3rd round picks are selected with the intent of them becoming starters one day.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I've seen Collins miss about 10 interceptions this season. Several bonked right off his hands. If he caught half of those balls, he'd be going to the Pro Bowl with Sean Taylor (who can catch half of balls that bonk off his hands! Ask Favre!)

You know why most secondary players play defense? Yep, they couldn't catch well enough early in there career to play offense.. IE.. not naturally gifted with hands for the most part.

He has been steady and assignment sure for the most part.. unlike past couple of years where the safeties were getting burnt like unbuttered toast.. plus he is making most of the secondary calls in coverages.. Nick is playing just fine.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I wonder what you guys would score on the Wonderlic?

Ever take the test? Pretty apparent answers overall, so either they are nervous when they take it, don't care about the test, or just lack it upstairs..

From the interviews.. he doesn't seem to lack it upstairs to a horrible degree..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have only been saying since TT got here how important depth is, how little depth we had when he got here(as in none), and, that teams cannot win throughout a sixteen game schedule without it. At that time we had nobody that could have covered for Collins and he was a rookie!

Hopefully, this kid will come thru for us. I think more than the talent level it is coordinating and communicating with the other DB's and being on the same page.

At the safety position it doesn't matter how fast you are or physical you are or how much talent you have if your going the wrong way.

It doesn't hurt my feeling to see him in there against Peterson. Hopefully he will get the chance to lay some wood.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With nick collins being hurt, this kid has a chance to get on the field and make some plays,no doubt.

will he be better than collins in the passing game?
will he be solid in the running game?

i an anxious to see what this kid has to offer.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just beacuse he performed horribly on the litmus test. does not mean he was a good player im sure vince young got a 3 or somthing low like that

What do you think Nick Collins scored on his Wonderlic and/or litmus test?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:

Ever take the test? Pretty apparent answers overall, so either they are nervous when they take it, don't care about the test, or just lack it upstairs..

From the interviews.. he doesn't seem to lack it upstairs to a horrible degree..
I would LOVE to take the Wonderlic test. I always wondered where i would score. But i could never find a copy of it anywhere.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Oh.....Viking fans think the "Wonderlic Test" is how you tell how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the wonderlic stuff is overrated. A lot of 'smart' guys end up sucking, and a lot of 'dumb' guys end up being amazing, like Devin Hester.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Oh.....Viking fans think the "Wonderlic Test" is how you tell how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

83 if you don't bite.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the wonderlic stuff is overrated. A lot of 'smart' guys end up sucking, and a lot of 'dumb' guys end up being amazing, like Devin Hester.

I took a real I.Q. test. It took 3 hours, and there was a heck of a lot more than multiple choice questions.

I seriously question the validity of the Wonderlic. I took a mock one once. The first 20 or so questions were easy, but they started getting harder as the test went on.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Aytumious said:

I would LOVE to take the Wonderlic test. I always wondered where i would score. But i could never find a copy of it anywhere.

Here you go:

Wonderlink Sample Test

Wonderlink Test 2

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow these guys are dumb if they cant score good on this simple of atest

I think some of the players don't really care what their score is so they don't apply themselves.

After all, they didn't take tests in HS or college so why should they now. :p

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know man...... their agents gotta be tellin them to try their hardest....any time theres money involved, their gona try

id say its more a lack of spending time in class for college

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know man...... their agents gotta be tellin them to try their hardest....any time theres money involved, their gona try

That may be true to a point especially in the lower rounds of the draft but I can't see teams telling their #1 draft pick that they are going to drop their offer by $100,000 because the player only got a 12 on his Wonderlic test instead of a 22.
Draft offers are slotted these days and it comes down to the position he plays and where he was drafted not his test score.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

That may be true to a point especially in the lower rounds of the draft but I can't see teams telling their #1 draft pick that they are going to drop their offer by $100,000 because the player only got a 12 on his Wonderlic test instead of a 22.
Draft offers are slotted these days and it comes down to the position he plays and where he was drafted not his test score.

ill put it this way, if vince young wouldv escored higher on the test he couldve gone 2nd or 3rd overall instead of 6th, in which case he lost about 5 or 6 million dollars, so i disagree completely.....these guys arnt heart surgeons, their football players...

if your asking me would i draft a guy who scored low on the test, but is a great player.....of course, but some gms play the wonderlic into their draft picks....if they didnt, it would not be part of the criteria for the draft..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pack93z said:
Aytumious said:

Here you go:

Wonderlink Sample Test

Wonderlink Test 2
THANKS WPR!
I took a IQ test and scored in the 120's, so i always wondered how hard the wonderlic was. Some of those are really easy. Makes you wonder how these "college graduates" could do poorly, and still be able to pass college courses.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

83 if you don't bite.
Your a better man then i am........i never could hold out! :lol:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not that hard to figure out..they play football, they dont win awarsds in the classroom,

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not that hard to figure out..they play football, they dont win awarsds in the classroom,
Well....i KNOW that! Alot of these guys get free passes cause they can play a game. I guess thats why they HAVE the Wonderlic test..........NFL GM's know alot of these guys skated through college on their athletic ability only.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby has been pkaying like pooo the last 3 games, i think safety has suddenly become our biggest offseason priority along with tailback

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts