Aaron Rouse

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins better watch his starting job. I watched this kid a couple of times before he was drafted, he has alot of potential. I know we shouldnt worry about this week against the queens because they have no passing game and cant hurt our secondary that much, but what do you guys think of replacement this week?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be interested to see how he does against their running game, actually. Collins was the one who ran down Peterson on the long run he had against us. I think it may be the only time Peterson was run down this year.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I disagree with the Collins needs to worry about his starting job, he has been steady most of the year and overall the secondary is playing well. But I agree that he has a high ceiling of potential, but it may take another year for it to surface completely.

It should be an interesting offseason again at the safety spot.. we have a nice group of young safeties.. if Culver didn't get hurt, he might have been playing alot.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins better watch his starting job. I watched this kid a couple of times before he was drafted, he has alot of potential. I know we shouldnt worry about this week against the queens because they have no passing game and cant hurt our secondary that much, but what do you guys think of replacement this week?

your getting carried away..... if he was that good he wouldnt have slipped, hes a solid special teams player in this league and a quality back up...... collins will regain the role

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think Rouse is ready to replace Collins or even give him a run. Collins has been solid back there so far, and I've been happy with Collins' playing.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always get excited when players are asked to step up and prove themselves but not at this point in the season replacing such a dynamic player like Collins. I must admit that I still hold a level of enthusiasm about Rouse along with understandable anxiety considering the teams we are facing down the stretch. After this Sunday, we will know more of what we need to know to give this guy a grade. His performance tackling in the running game when AP breaks past the defensive line will be the key of what to watch for in my opinion. Let's see what he is made of.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with the Collins needs to worry about his starting job, he has been steady most of the year and overall the secondary is playing well. But I agree that he has a high ceiling of potential, but it may take another year for it to surface completely.

It should be an interesting offseason again at the safety spot.. we have a nice group of young safeties.. if Culver didn't get hurt, he might have been playing alot.

Collins has not missed many tackles and really hasn't gotten burned. He's been average so far this year.

I've seen Collins miss about 10 interceptions this season. Several bonked right off his hands. If he caught half of those balls, he'd be going to the Pro Bowl with Sean Taylor (who can catch half of balls that bonk off his hands! Ask Favre!)

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins was a stud his rookie year , he seemed like a perfect replacement for Darren I talk too much Sharper, but the last couple of years his play has fallen off big time. I think Rouse will have the job from here on out.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Collins was a stud his rookie year , he seemed like a perfect replacement for Darren I talk too much Sharper, but the last couple of years his play has fallen off big time. I think Rouse will have the job from here on out.

i agree with the drop off in lack of production from collins.....but id sayyour next statement is a bit of a stretch to say the least

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many Aaron's do we have now? I counted 4. It interests me because my name is Aaron, and just like Hawk my middle name is James.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:

i agree with the drop off in lack of production from collins.....but id sayyour next statement is a bit of a stretch to say the least
A guy can dream

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does anyone think rouse will continue to play special teams with him being thrown into the starting role now.....id have to say with lack of depth beyond rouse, they would be foolish to use him on special teams.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would have thought that Nick Collins would be as good as he was his rookie year and he was also a third round pick. I think that was TT's first draft with the packers, maybe he knows what to look for, or it could be I'm drinkin the Aaron Rouse kool-aid he could be the next Bob Sanders boy this kool-aid is good.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crap I think I screwed up I think that James Jones was the third round pick I think Rouse was a sixth round pick. Somebody help me out on this.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gattocheese said:

your getting carried away..... if he was that good he wouldnt have slipped, hes a solid special teams player in this league and a quality back up...... collins will regain the role

Not sure if this was said but a 3rd round pick is considered a high pick. I actually like Rouse a lot too. I think he could become a starter in this league. He has size and amazing speed. I think he ran an upper 4.3 or a lower 4.4 which is ridiculous for a guy whom is 6'4" 225.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:
Gattocheese said:

Not sure if this was said but a 3rd round pick is considered a high pick. I actually like Rouse a lot too. I think he could become a starter in this league. He has size and amazing speed. I think he ran an upper 4.3 or a lower 4.4 which is ridiculous for a guy whom is 6'4" 225.

lol a 4.3.....rouse wouldve run a 4.3 and hed be in the top 25 of the draft......heres what he actually ran and its not impressive at all

4.52 .....prettty far off from a 4.3 or 4.4

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read the scouting reports on him.....he wasnt prokected until the 4rth round, he was a tweener, which means teams were trying to decided where they would play him....at linebacker or at safety.....

his knock is his intelliagnace, he performed horribly on the litmus test.

Dont get carried away with this guy.....its laughable, Collins will be back in 3-4 weeks

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rouse
SELECTED BY: Green Bay Packers Round 3(25) SI Grade

Position:
S Class:
Sr School:
Virginia Tech Conference:
Atlantic Coast Ht., Wt.:
6-4, 223 40 Time:

this is frm sports illustrated

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his knock is his intelliagnace, he performed horribly on the litmus test.

That seems pretty true alright, hes not the most articulate person but hopefully he can keep the mental mistakes to a minimum as a starter.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just beacuse he performed horribly on the litmus test. does not mean he was a good player im sure vince young got a 3 or somthing low like that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts