Aaron Rogers

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF?

After 15 years of Packer fans telling me that Favre is a winner, that he is a difference maker, that the Packers are NEVER out of a game with good old # 4 taking the snaps, now he was just a slightly better than average QB who was just in the right place at the right time?

I have been posting on this board since 2005 and I have had hundreds if not thousands of comments directed towards me saying that Favre was the greatest QB of all time and that he did it while playing with marginal WRs for his whole career.
He was an NFL God!
The walking embodiment of all that a Hall of Fame player should be I was told.

Now that he may end up playing for a division rival he is just Rex Grossman Sr. and he rode the coat tails of these great Packer teams and players?
You have got to be kidding!
If that is the stance of the Packer fans than you have lost all credibility and can forget about preaching how you are the most loyal and knowledgeable fans in the league ever again.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well Mr. Levens, you certainly convinced me. You've convinced me that you are uncomfortable with facts and nothing will change your opinion.

You've denigrated a majority of the Packers who've played over the last 10 years. You've denigrated the Packer HOF. You've denigrated the GMs and the HCs. All to make Favre look better.

If Favre really were half as great as you think he is, you wouldn't need to do that. Nobody has to slam Dungy or the Colts players to make Manning look better, nobody has to slam Belichick or the Patriots to make Brady look better, nobody has to slam Shanahan or the Broncos to make Elway look better.

You were given a link to see the facts for yourself but you didn't bother because if you had you wouldn't have had to ask the question about Sherman's teams.

I never said Favre was mediocre. Those are your words, not mine. He's a HOFer based on the body of his work. But I think if you look at the last 10 years he spent in Green Bay you see a better-than-average QB who was very error-prone, particularly in big games and playoffs.

Nobody has to slam those guys because those teams don't have such pathetically INSECURE fans as the Green Bay Packers do....

Also, they don't have to slam them because they have better GM's and Coaches...

But let the facts get in the way of a good "SLAM" or should I say "SLANDER", America...just to make yourself feel better, right?

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I can't believe I'm agreeing with Philtration....but he is absolutely 100% correct.

(You guys must have small Johnsons...ville Brats!)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF?

After 15 years of Packer fans telling me that Favre is a winner, that he is a difference maker, that the Packers are NEVER out of a game with good old # 4 taking the snaps, now he was just a slightly better than average QB who was just in the right place at the right time?

I have been posting on this board since 2005 and I have had hundreds if not thousands of comments directed towards me saying that Favre was the greatest QB of all time and that he did it while playing with marginal WRs for his whole career.
He was an NFL God!
The walking embodiment of all that a Hall of Fame player should be I was told.

Now that he may end up playing for a division rival he is just Rex Grossman Sr. and he rode the coat tails of these great Packer teams and players?
You have got to be kidding!
If that is the stance of the Packer fans than you have lost all credibility and can forget about preaching how you are the most loyal and knowledgeable fans in the league ever again.
Well, that's kind of it. Speaking for myself, I never said he was an average quarterback. He is washed up NOW, that he's 40. But at his prime he was the best qb in the league. And was allways an elite qb. BUT no qb wins it all just by himself, and that's a fact. If any packer fan told you what you wrote, well, that's just mockery. It's part of the rivalry. It's the same as saying that you only lost that SB BECAUSE of Rex Grossman. That doesn't take out their credibility, unless they trully believe in that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that's kind of it. Speaking for myself, I never said he was an average quarterback. He is washed up NOW, that he's 40. But at his prime he was the best qb in the league. And was allways an elite qb. BUT no qb wins it all just by himself, and that's a fact. If any packer fan told you what you wrote, well, that's just mockery. It's part of the rivalry. It's the same as saying that you only lost that SB BECAUSE of Rex Grossman. That doesn't take out their credibility, unless they trully believe in that.

Just curious...
Do you believe that Favre will actually go away this time or will he pull this act again?
Do you look at him in the same light as you may have a year or two ago?

Now that he is not going to play (maybe) I personally think he has made a complete fool of himself and has taken the drama queen act to a new level.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious...
Do you believe that Favre will actually go away this time or will he pull this act again?
Do you look at him in the same light as you may have a year or two ago?

Now that he is not going to play (maybe) I personally think he has made a complete fool of himself and has taken the drama queen act to a new level.
Since you wanna know, here's my Favre timeline.

Says he'll come back - Bring him on and let him compete!

Goes to the Jets - Go Favre! You still the man! See you in the playoffs

Retires from Jets - Yeah, still my hero

Rumor about him comming to the queens - Nah, he won't do it. Not with the queens. The media is just especulating, and the fans are being paranoid...

Speak on tv that he'll be a queen unless his arm is hurt, uses the Lombardi going to the redskins comparison, talks about the vikings as "we" - WTF!? Lying primadonna son of a *****! I don't believe it! Don't know if you're a traitor, or you just lied all the time saying you cared about the packers and the fans. (End up choosing the latter)

Says he won't play because he's too old - Well, at least you never put on the uniform. Doesn't change that you WANTED to play for them, and would if you were younger.

There you go. As far as him going this time, I don't believe a word he says. BUT the vikings won't accept him anymore. At least the players won't:"In my mind this should be the end of it," he said. "To be respectful of the players that are involved and the team as a whole, you have to put an end to this and you can't let it linger on." Minnesota coach Brad Childress says Brett Favre won't play for Vikings - NFL - SI.com

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil I think what you're observing is a opossitional lash-back.

You see, because Dorsey here is putting Favre on a golden podium and calling him the best, the others here lash back and say that he wasn't that good. They are thinking less of Favre, basically, as a reaction to what Dorsey is saying.

That's common in human argumentative nature.

Oh, Dorsey? You must realize how foolish you sound here. These other men have provided proof, statistics, examples and you continue to insult them and enforce your opinion (and, due to your lack of evidence, is solely opinion).

I understand what you may be trrying to say in this... that maybe Favre got a wee-bit mistreated from TT (First thing that comes to mind is that whole Randy Moss thing). But to say that he was the only good player on that team, and that they would have been nobodies without Favre is ridiculous.

Now, I don't have the links or anything, but take a look at Favre's first year. He was with Atlanta as a second string. I believe he only threw 3 passes, and 2 of them were interceptions. I can't quite remember, but it was pathetic. He then goes to Green Bay and is now considered one of the best QB's of all time.

So, as a retort to what you have said: it's not that the Packers would have been nothing without Favre, it's that Favre may have been nothing without the Packers.

Regardless of what I said, I still like Brett Favre (cheered for him with the Jets) and consider him one of the greats.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You see, because Dorsey here is putting Favre on a golden podium and calling him the best, the others here lash back and say that he wasn't that good. They are thinking less of Favre, basically, as a reaction to what Dorsey is saying.

Oh, Dorsey? You must realize how foolish you sound here. These other men have provided proof, statistics, examples and you continue to insult them and enforce your opinion (and, due to your lack of evidence, is solely opinion).

I understand what you may be trrying to say in this... that maybe Favre got a wee-bit mistreated from TT (First thing that comes to mind is that whole Randy Moss thing). But to say that he was the only good player on that team, and that they would have been nobodies without Favre is ridiculous.

Now, I don't have the links or anything, but take a look at Favre's first year. He was with Atlanta as a second string. I believe he only threw 3 passes, and 2 of them were interceptions. I can't quite remember, but it was pathetic. He then goes to Green Bay and is now considered one of the best QB's of all time.

So, as a retort to what you have said: it's not that the Packers would have been nothing without Favre, it's that Favre may have been nothing without the Packers.

Regardless of what I said, I still like Brett Favre (cheered for him with the Jets) and consider him one of the greats.

You are such a blind homer that you couldn't find your *** if it had a bell on it.

Statistics can lie in many ways. Those guys proved nothing but their hatred of Brett Favre, trying to pin all the blame on him.

The Packers where nothing for 22 years before Favre came, and to nothing they shall return. Wolf and Holmgren were good. Everyone after that sucked.

You are the one who is foolish, my friend...and a fool.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are such a blind homer that you couldn't find your *** if it had a bell on it.

Statistics can lie in many ways. Those guys proved nothing but their hatred of Brett Favre, trying to pin all the blame on him.

The Packers where nothing for 22 years before Favre came, and to nothing they shall return. Wolf and Holmgren were good. Everyone after that sucked.

You are the one who is foolish, my friend...and a fool.

No need for any of that, I didnt see him resort to name calling you???

BTW

WHY

JEREMIAH JOHNSON?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why let someone else decide how you feel about something or someone?
I don't.
Stick to what you believe in or don't even bother.
I never give in to the silly *** "You say black so I say white" routine.
Hell... I can't even remember doing that when I was a kid.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsey, I’m going to need your help on this one, okay? You’re going to need to be a big boy now. I’m going to ask you a question – Are you listening to me? – I’m going to ask you a question, and you’re going to consider it… just pretend you’re an adult.
Now, Dorsey, what is your problem?

You sound like you have an identity crisis. You keep iterating that the Packers have no talent at all and that Brett Favre was their only saving grace. Above all, you mention how horrible the defense was. Let’s review: you believe all this, yet your screen name is D. Levens? It seems like you hate every Packer except Favre, and last time I checked, Dorsey Levens is an “except Favre”.

Anyway, while you’re munching on that brainfood, I feel it is my duty to help you. I’m going to help teach you to argue, just like grown-ups!

• Evidence: Evidence comes in the form of statistics, photographs, videos, and articles that professionals have written. Now it is true that not all evidence is correct (there is conflicting evidence, after all) but evidence is still the vital foundation of an argument. Why? Simply because it says to the listener the following: “Here is my opinion, but here are other physical objects that share this opinion with me. Thusly, I am not a nut-case screaming out my opinions without any credibility. I am enlightened.
  • Do not use insults: Now, you’re right, insulting the opposing party can, at times, be effective. A problem, though, is that insults are not effective when it is only you insulting an opposing group that have shown they can argue using the other four points on this list. While you’re trying to belittle the opposing group – thereby making you seem bigger and thusly right – it is ineffective because they shirk your insults and formulate a counter-offense against you.
  • Use logical reasoning: This is a “secret weapon” you can use when you have no evidence. You see, if you don’t have evidence, you can at least try to explain why your argument is valid. You can do this very effectively using arithmetic, analogy, and many more amazing devices. The world is yours with logical reasoning. When you use Logical reasoning, it makes you sound intelligent; rather than some hyperactive ranting dolt.
  • Do not use repetition: Although repetition is very effective in brainwashing methods, it may be anti-effective in an argument, based on certain conditions. It’s actually very easy, you see; the effectiveness of repetition is based on two criteria: The amount of repetition, and the acceptability of what you are repeating. As an example, your case is very ineffective when you repeat something irritatingly many times and when you say something as unacceptable as “you’re a fool”. Nobody is going to believe that, and instead they will just mock you.
  • 5. Put down your thesaurus: This is probably the easiest step on the list, and I will explain every part of it, just for you. You see that book in your hand? The one with all the words in it? That’s called a thesaurus. See how it’s gripped by your fingers? Now, this is very important: if you concentrate on it hard enough, you can make your fingers release the thesaurus. Try it, it’s really neat. That’s your brain telling the fingers to move out of the way of the thesaurus and gravity. Anyway, the thesaurus does not make you look smart: it makes you look like you have a thesaurus. It’s probably best to drop it lest you look like a – ahem – “fool”.

Well, that’s all for now, I thank you for reading this Dorsey. Hopefully you’ll learn these skills and one day use them.

You never know, you might be able to win an argument all by yourself!

Just like a grown-up!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this Levens person this charming in real life? He is argumentative and hostile towards anyone saying a discouraging word about his hero. And if anyone has the audacity to have a different opinion about the ancient one he foams at the mouth and calls people names. He sounds like a 13 year old. I suggest we ignore this child and maybe he'll get bored and find another forum to pester.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I agree. Rogers looks fantastic, but he definitely isn't "Unbreakable" like Favre was. I cross my fingers every time he gets hit, which thankfully isn't too often. He rolls out well to get away from pressure, but he'll definitely take some big hits. Was not a good sign to see Flynn with that shoulder injury. If we lost Rogers and Flynn to injury...GOD HELP US Brohm would be our QB.

If Rogers can stay healthy, he is as good any any QB in the league. Definitely seems to have better down field accuracy than Favre. And makes better decisions so far than our ex-QB. Lets hope in pressure situations that continues. Can't get any worse than Brett "INT" Favre.

I feel optimistic about this season with Rogers at the helm. If the D plays well I don't see why we couldn't make a run for the division, or win a wild card slot. I think our Offense was good enough last year, it was our D that let us down.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching Ravens x Jets. Sanchez is playing pretty poorly right now. Let's not throw Brohm in the fire just yet. I would be very concerned if he had to start right now. Luckily for us, he doesn't.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez did play very well that same game, as well as vs. the giants and the texans. He's the real deal, IMO. The Jets have a very good OL and some runners to help him. Actually, I believe they could contend for a playoff spot. Darkhorses, though.

Members online

Latest posts