Aaron Rogers

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's way too early. But considering his first season as a starter was a pro bowl season (should've been, he was the 5th best qb in the league), he's bound to be great. Unless it was a one year wonder, which doesn't seems likely. But one man can't win alone. If this D can be dominant and we improve our OL, considering we're the youngest team in the league, we should be contenders for years to come. He's 25, Greg Jennings is 25, Ryan Grant is 26, the only old guys are Clifton (33) DD (34), Woodson (32), Harris (34) and Kampman (30). If Williams pans out as we expect him to, we should have one replacement. The other one can be Pat Lee, who the coaches are praising. To replace Clifton, there's Meredith, Giacomini... For DD there's Jordy Nelson and James Jones. Kampman is harder to replace, as he's top 5 pass rusher in the league. But he has at least more 3 years of great football ahead of him, and there's Matthews and Thompson to insert. Like I said, if our D (DL) and OL steps up, we should be contenders for years...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should continue to do well. However, since we've been accustomed to Favre never missing a game, to expect Rodgers to play 15 more years consecutively would be fool-hearted.

Make no mistake - if Rodgers goes down, the Pack is gonna be in a world of hurt. This is why I harped and harped for the past few years for Thompson to actually provide answers at the O-line position instead of late round "poke-n-hopes". Rodgers is at his best when he has a pocket to step-up into. If he is forced to scramble, he doesn't have Favre's instincts in that regard and he looks terrible.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should continue to do well. However, since we've been accustomed to Favre never missing a game, to expect Rodgers to play 15 more years consecutively would be fool-hearted.

Make no mistake - if Rodgers goes down, the Pack is gonna be in a world of hurt. This is why I harped and harped for the past few years for Thompson to actually provide answers at the O-line position instead of late round "poke-n-hopes". Rodgers is at his best when he has a pocket to step-up into. If he is forced to scramble, he doesn't have Favre's instincts in that regard and he looks terrible.
People questioned (myself) Rodgers durability, yet he played with a dislocated shoulder the entire season. But you're right, nobody can do what Brent did. Only a handfull of players can start 3 seasons in a row, let alone 15. And Rodgers doesn't seem like one.

You're dead on about if Rodgers goes down. This is a pass ladden team. There's no way we can win with the running game and the defense. But it is what it is. The available backups wouldn't provide any better help than the kids we have. If something happens, we have to hope the kids can step up, but it doesn't seem likely, at least not for this year. But one can remember Matt Hasselback...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron played very well last year, but the defense did not. He struggled in close game situations, but overall he did well. I'm just hoping he can win the tight games for Green Bay this year.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers performed well enough last year but it was just his first season as a starter in the NFL and in certain respects there's no substitute for experience when playing the most important positon on the team.
Now that Rodgers has 16 games as a starter under his belt he should be improved at reading defenses, making decisions, and have more confidence in himself and the team in him compared to a year ago.
Last season Rodgers played more like a game manager, not wanting to make mistakes. This season he should step forward more as a game-changer and playmaker. If he puts that together with all the rest of the package that he is we will have one whale of a fine qb for at least 10 more years.
The back-up situation, though, is tenuous. I, too, would have liked to see the Packers bring in a vet for back-up purposes. They could still do that in the preseason if Brohm & Flynn don't show well.
However, Rodgers didn't look any better than they did in his rookie year so maybe one or both of the younger guys will show progress this summer. If that happens worries about AR getting hurt could be reduced some.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I think about Rogers:

If the defense shows up, the 3-4 gels quickly and gets to learn in the first part of the year (8 games) against statistically bad teams last season, then the Pack can be NFC champ. bound. Rogers can lead that offense better than Brett. Additionally, although I thing Grant is not that great, he did miss camp last year and had a pulled hammy, which is enough for me to say maybe he does have it.

Defense playing well, Rogers can lead a team to a SB. Three losses last year were because of the defense giving up long drives with a minute left. If the D held last year, we need to recognize that they could of been 13-3 to 10-6, which is a tremendous turn around. Its not relying on Rogers, I think it more has to do with the defense.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at what happened to Warner and the Cards last season. Granted, Fitzgerald is in a league all his own, and Warner has expereiance, but I didnt see anything special as a whole the Cards have that we dont. Like everyone pretty much said already, Grant gets the running game back, protect Rodgers and the D steps up, we got a great shot at another title.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be just fine. Like many have said, he will do his part, the D and the rest of the team need to do their part. Rodgers is not content on sitting around and living off the fact that he did great in his first season as starter. He is working out in Cali. with other NFL stars on his own. While Brett was great for the Pack and for football, he could not win the Super Bowl on his own and neither can Rodgers. I feel that Rodgers has many more positives than Brett did early in their careers. Rodgers is more accurate, smarter, just as fast and has a greater desire to be great. Too many people are in awe of Brett's ability to throw hard. To me a strong arm is important (esp. in Green Bay), but accuracy is key. If the Packers can build a soid O-line and Grant or Jackson produces top 10 numbers, Rodgers will deliver a title to Green Bay. I do not think that anyone will put up the numbers Brett did for consecutive games played, but the future is for sure brite for Packers fans. Last year they should have had a first year starting QB in the Pro Bowl, this year it is a lock. If Rodgers' stays relatively healty I think that he will be looked upon as one of the greats of all time.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers will be just fine. Like many have said, he will do his part, the D and the rest of the team need to do their part. Rodgers is not content on sitting around and living off the fact that he did great in his first season as starter. He is working out in Cali. with other NFL stars on his own. While Brett was great for the Pack and for football, he could not win the Super Bowl on his own and neither can Rodgers. I feel that Rodgers has many more positives than Brett did early in their careers. Rodgers is more accurate, smarter, just as fast and has a greater desire to be great. Too many people are in awe of Brett's ability to throw hard. To me a strong arm is important (esp. in Green Bay), but accuracy is key. If the Packers can build a soid O-line and Grant or Jackson produces top 10 numbers, Rodgers will deliver a title to Green Bay. I do not think that anyone will put up the numbers Brett did for consecutive games played, but the future is for sure brite for Packers fans. Last year they should have had a first year starting QB in the Pro Bowl, this year it is a lock. If Rodgers' stays relatively healty I think that he will be looked upon as one of the greats of all time.

Rodgers will not best ANY of BF's records....

You think Rodgers is going to be a HOF QB? You make it sound like all Brett did was have a strong arm...Ridiculous.

He put GB back on the map making the playoffs consistently with GB teams that had no business being there. AROD will NEVER be able to do that.

Face facts, pal. Rodgers is a mediocre to decent, game managing QB.

That's all..

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback and will have a successful career, however I dont think he'll ever break Favres records.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers will not best ANY of BF's records....

You think Rodgers is going to be a HOF QB? You make it sound like all Brett did was have a strong arm...Ridiculous.

He put GB back on the map making the playoffs consistently with GB teams that had no business being there. AROD will NEVER be able to do that.

Face facts, pal. Rodgers is a mediocre to decent, game managing QB.

That's all..

I dont think he will get any of Bretts records...In fact I am pretty sure those records wont be broken while we are still alive.

A team doesnt need a q/b to be as "great" as Brett was to get to the SB..

Example

Big Ben

If that all Rodgers ends up being but we get to the SB with him, then lets rock

AirGarcia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think A-Rod has the ability to get it done. Last year he played with great pressure especially after getting thumped against Tampa. He had to continue to play...even if he was bleeding from his eyes, didn't he :dontknow:

I think he could be an effective Superbowl winning quarterback, I mean after all, look at Trent Dilfer. MGMT needs to surround him with talent though...maybe a few years away.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think he will get any of Bretts records...In fact I am pretty sure those records wont be broken while we are still alive.

A team doesnt need a q/b to be as "great" as Brett was to get to the SB..

Example

Big Ben

If that all Rodgers ends up being but we get to the SB with him, then lets rock

If Favre could have worked with a "competent" GM in the last 10 years, the Packers would have more Super Bowl Trophies.

Plain and Simple.

AirGarcia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre could have worked with a "competent" GM in the last 10 years, the Packers would have more Super Bowl Trophies.

Plain and Simple.

What are you even talking about? How are the two related whatsoever...you could maybe argue if they never hired Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman you may have a valid point but what the hell does the GM have to do with Favre's play on the field...? And I'm not talking about personnel because as much as Ted Thompson gets killed in the media he did put together a Superbowl caliber team two years ago...

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Aaron will do great. He was in the top 10 of the league with all the major qb stats. He played all 16 games, and 12 games he was hurt, so yea I think he will do wonders for Green Bay!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was a coach's dream in '08. He took what the defense gave him & didn't make stupid mistakes. Well, almost (safeties). Where he needs to step up his game is dealing with the pass rush. All too often he'd cave under the pressure instead of looking for an escape route. That part of his game will take time.

All the great QBs were/are able to create great plays when defense thought they had the play covered. That kind of play will take Rodgers to the HOF.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on guys ... the guy is a good qb ,, but that being said he is far from tested ... he is simpily a qb that has had a good year ... all im saying is lets not suga coat what we have ,,, we have a basiic 1st year qb ( no thing to write home about ) ...

Members online

Latest posts