Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so tired of hypocritical posts like this.

Are you referring to me or Gak??

You guys constantly say "give him a break, don't compare him to Brett Favre". Well that's exactly what you are doing...."Favre made mistaakes when he was young". It's Ok to compare him to Favre when he looks bad but we shouldn't expect him to be as good as Favre?

I never really said it's bad to compare him to Favre. He's always going to be compared to Favre. I think to expect him to do what Favre has done is un fair. It'd be unfair to any QB.

BS....Aaron Rodgers will never be a top flight QB in the NFL. He will spell the demise of TT.

I don't see him as a top flight QB ever. Never have. In fact I had Rodgers going to Washington the pick after us in my mock that year. I wanted GB to go Defense. I think he's a very hard guy to read. He looked good at times in the preseason and does have a great arm but he looks easy to rattle and is very inconsistent.

I do agree that T.T's job is probably connected to Rodgers unless T.T. is willing to bail on him early.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who did Brett call out? Hmm....Jevon Walker?

Javon Walker and don't you see that as a little ... WAY HUGE different there? Aaron Rodgers isn't holding out on his rookie contract demanding more money or hes not coming to camp.

Apparently I have to be more specific with you as common sense alludes your examples.

What player did Brett Favre call out OR say wasn't going to make it in the NFL?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The common sense stick is being waved in the wrong direction Z. wave that wand at those who say Aaron "stays too long" in the pocket and then 6 months before say "he doesn't stay long enough".

Wave that common sense wand at the ones who say "Aaron doesn't look down the field", and (if they read my post in this thread)...is what he did because it's what the defense gave him, and didn't force things until he broke his ankle FOR THE TEAM< and ran the lights out to get first downs.

Talk to those guys about common sense.

Yes you have to be specific. Brett calls out who NEEDS to be called out. He called out Walker BECAUSE his situation was nonsensical and outrageous.

He doesn't need to call out Aaron because he believes in him and as you all can see..you don't hear a PEEP from any packers players about Aaron's personality. If anything ...they all like him. IF he really didn't believe Aaron would make it..he would say stuff like "he's got a SHOT"..stuff that's ambiguous..instead of saying "yes I do believe..and absolutely"

When Aaron scored his first preseason touchdown last year..the ENTIRE receiving corps came over to congratulate him. They don't do that to people they don't like.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently I have to be more specific with you as common sense alludes your examples.

Again..pass the common sense stick to those who say "Brett Favre all the way till he's 90 years old".."no one will be able to replace him"....and see if my examples are so crazy compared to that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You didn't answer what I had asked which you had said happened. I belive you implied more than once as well.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't answer what I had asked which you had said happened. I belive you implied more than once as well.

that's the one I was referring too..the Jevon Walker example....

You are asking a loaded question and of course Favre doesn't call out his teammates who are following the team line..

But that doesn't mean he won't get on them for playing badly.

Why aren't you addressing my points that I'm raising about those who really don't make any common sense? "He doesn'st stay in the pocket" then says "he stays too long" and the others....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

that's the one I was referring too..the Jevon Walker example....

You are asking a loaded question and of course Favre doesn't call out his teammates who are following the team line..

But that doesn't mean he won't get on them for playing badly.

Why aren't you addressing my points that I'm raising about those who really don't make any common sense? "He doesn'st stay in the pocket" then says "he stays too long" and the others....

I have issue with you using Javon Walker as your example for Brett calling out a teamate. Not about Aaron Rodgers the QB that may or may not be.

Brett hasn't called out a teamate based on talent. Do you even know what Brett said about Javaon Walker? He said he was the only receiver he ever had where all he had to do was throw it up to him! Yea, thats calling him out for sure.

Do you remember how this started? Are you gonna waste my time and have me show you? Answer the question or stop using Brett saying "aaron is gonna be good" or whatever as part of your debate/post as it is now proven to be invalid for your agenda.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YOu posted an unanswerable question and then jump on the person for not answering.

I take issue w/you for trying to change the subject in the first place...(before you can take issue w/me w/one of the points I made).

Try and keep the point of how people are knocking down Aaron for anything/everything and are the true contradictors...

and stop trying to turn this into a "I have an issue w/you bringing up" Brett quotes cauze..

Good job buddy.
Pat yourself on the back for having a conversation w/yourself and using my posts as fodder for more Favre worship.

"Peace out homie". I love when suburban people try to think they know hood life

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what also shows ignorance is "Aaron doesn't look down the field"

If you guys know ANYTHING about the patriots and how they play..they TAKE THAT PART of the field away...

You can call that ignorant, but if you actually saw the game, there was a bunch open downfield (you might remember that the Pats were missing 3 starters in the secondary). Neither QB had any success downfield against the Pats but it was for very different reasons: Brett missed open receivers but Aaron never even saw them.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
You know what also shows ignorance is "Aaron doesn't look down the field"

If you guys know ANYTHING about the patriots and how they play..they TAKE THAT PART of the field away...

You can call that ignorant, but if you actually saw the game, there was a bunch open downfield (you might remember that the Pats were missing 3 starters in the secondary). Neither QB had any success downfield against the Pats but it was for very different reasons: Brett missed open receivers but Aaron never even saw them.

Top..thanks for your post...it was more reasonable than Zero's 'jump through my juvenile hoop question about Brett" game.

Well I DID watch that game..and no question there were open receievers.

HOwever. even w/3 down dbs..the reserves were in disquise packages where the Safety and the db were switching roles(to cover the deficiencies of the green dbs. The dbs were playing soft and in zones and allowing the packers QBs to throw in space while getting help up top from their safeties.
I did see a couple linebackers creep up into the 3 zone to disrupt passes.

When Brett DID throw into those spaces, the pats safety and db would quickly converge..revealing their coverage and the throw which SEEMED easy were not as easy as they thought. Usually the receivers that Brett had before would make adjustments and adjust their routes and give the qb a different zone to throw too (Steve Young talks about this as the only way to combat the 3-4 on ESPN all the time)

Basically they were open..yes..and Brett didn't make those throws because the window was a LOT smaller to throw into than it appeared on TV.

I don't believe Aaron didn't see those areas..I believe he was going for the "Sure thing" than the "high risk" throw...His job was different than what Brett was doing.

In the first part of the game when Aaron went in..he was in game management mode. He was being instructed to not turn the ball over.
Eventhough they didn't change they plays.he went for the sure thing plays.

Now the 3rd 4th quarters. when the game was completely out of hand, Aaron started taking more risks..because frankly..they HAD to.

What Aaron DID NOT do..is make the throws he was supposed to make.
He didn't appear as though he was looking downfield, but he did fail on makign some of his sideline throws and midrange throws(which he's supposed to specialize in).

That part I was not happy with.

Thanks for the post

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
YOu posted an unanswerable question and then jump on the person for not answering.

Unanswerable? You did give answer, well a half-assed one.

Now...if we're going for "OPINIONS"....

During the preseason this year, they asked Brett Favre if he thought Aaron Rodgers would be successful in the NFL.

Brett's answer???

"Absolutely. Aaron's going to be just fine. I just told him to make his own identity and not try to be another Brett Favre and just blaze his own trail. Try not to think about the the fans/people around him might want him to be but be his own player"

Some obscure poster on this forum thing Aaron "will never make it in the NFL"

yet..that same poster's idol..Brett Favre says Aaron WILL make it.

So who's opinion you think REALLY matters?

The statement in question.
Brett'll call someone and won't minced words. He'll tell it like it is as we've seen w/how he calls out receivers etc...

IF he didn't think Aaron would make it..Brett would say stuff like "he has a GOOD CHANCE"..that's the read between the lines company line comment that they are so GOOD at.

You said "He'll tell it like it is as we've seen w/how he calls out receivers etc ..."

Like who? What receiver has he called out based on his lack of talent that was on his team during the time of the comments from Brett Favre as you are implying.

You there say there are answers yet later say the question is unanswerable.

So which is it?
Has he called out other WR on the Packers? If so, who? JAVON Walker was called out on his contract squable.

Your reference to brett about rodgers has nothing to do with contracts, its about talent. And to that I ask what do you expect brett to say? of course hes going to say encouraging comments about the young fella. He's a good teamate!

Basically its like this. If you can't give an example of where Brett said "this wr is going to have a tough time making it in the NFL" then how can u use the brett thinks rodgers has what it takes as part of an argument of yorus?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"What does Mike McCarthy like about Aaron Rodgers?
He likes his arm strength, leadership qualities, toughness in the pocket and athleticism."

Actually, Aaron, What Mike McCarthy likes about you is that you are a Packer and he has no choice but to like you. When he was with the Niners he chose Alex Smith over you and didn't have very nice things to say at all about you. We've been through this before newbie.....do some research.

BTW....take it easy. He who types the longest posts does not necessarily win the argument. Sometimes it just exposes ignorance!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He likes his arm strength, leadership qualities, toughness in the pocket and athleticism."

Actually, Aaron, What Mike McCarthy likes about you is that you are a Packer and he has no choice but to like you. When he was with the Niners he chose Alex Smith over you and didn't have very nice things to say at all about you. We've been through this before newbie.....do some research.

BTW....take it easy. He who types the longest posts does not necessarily win the argument. Sometimes it just exposes ignorance!

I type around 80 wpm ... it doesnt take that long :p that jus set someone up for a 'zero to stupid in 80wpm' huh lol oh well

And i am taking it easy ... i dont understand what the problem with jus saying he was misleading with his info ... its obvious he was by his 'Jevon walker' bit ... i mean cmon its JAVON ...

anyhow ... on the definition of ignorance it doesnt fall on me ... atleast not this time

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made a general statement of brett calling players out and speaking his mind (whether it be contracts OR play).

YOU stated that they are not in the same realm of discussion(and said I lacked common sense) and wanted a more specific answer.

That specific answer is unanswerable because he doesn't publicly call out players cuz of play. That part is true and I don't dispute that.

At the same time...I DISAGREE that I can't put those two points together because I was referring to Brett speaking his mind in general.

And I expanded on that point saying that IF he were not really agreeing w/a player being good..then he would put the word "CHANCE" into his comments about that player. "he has a CHANCE to be good"
THat's the company line way of saying "he sucks"

But when they say "absolutely. I know he can make it"
that's not JUST company line..that's not JUST Brett being a good teammate.
That's Brett giving his opinion on TOP of the company line.

The reason I wanted to use the walker example(in a stretch as you put it. It's a stretch to you because you think I'm tring to parrallel the two situations..I'm not), is because Brett will tell you how he feels whether it be contracts OR play.

He's said numerous times that the team is YOUNG and makes mistakes...
and then puts the onous back on himself and said "well at the same time..maybe I could've done something more".

So all I'm saying is to give Brett more credit than thinking he'll mince his words about a teammate for their play. He can tow the company line and STILL convey how he feels..if you use common sense.

Brett endorses Aaron. I disagree and disput your claim that he's doing it just for company line. THat's a discredit to Aaron AND to Brett.

That's my PROBLEM w/your points.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

I type around 80 wpm ... it doesnt take that long :p that jus set someone up for a 'zero to stupid in 80wpm' huh lol oh well

And i am taking it easy ... i dont understand what the problem with jus saying he was misleading with his info ... its obvious he was by his 'Jevon walker' bit ... i mean cmon its JAVON ...

anyhow ... on the definition of ignorance it doesnt fall on me ... atleast not this time

Actually, I was referring to Aaron himself (cal2whatever)!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Depack..I frickin LIVE in the bay area.
DO YOUR RESEARCH before speaking on news around here.
You have no idea.
Ever heard of the San Jose Mercury NEWS?
They report on the 49ers exclusively at their headquarters.

Talk radio hosts from the Mercury News sources indicated on KNBR 1050AM in San Francisco...to Ralph Barbiery and Tom Tolbert of the mid-afternoon show that it was McCarthy who picked Rodgers and it was NOLAN who wanted SMith. The reason they picked SMITH was PR and MONEY because John York didnt' want to be seen in the PR as giving up on smith because of his agents absorbitant contract demands....

McCarthy trained/supported SMITH because he was a 49er. That's the real truth.
Get things straight in your head over in DeLLEEEWHERE....

Ever listen to McCarthy about rodgers? On speaking about
Rodgers in reference to how AJ Hawk is coming a long.
"I compare AJ Hawk to Aaron Rodgers..when they both reach
their comfort level..you all will see what it's about"

"We've been down this road before..newbie"
You've been down this road before doesn't mean you went down it
correctly.

Go down it again and again from where you stand, but you dont' know what goes on around here and can claim to all you want.

DO SOME RESEARCH..back at you.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Yeah DePack...DO YOUR RESEARCH before trying to reference me and end up talking to Zero instead.

He who enters the conversation late sounds more ignorant than the long poster

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Yeah DePack...DO YOUR RESEARCH before trying to reference me and end up talking to Zero instead.

Hey Francis... Speaking of research,I posted three times on this subject before you "entered the coversation". Are you trying to look foolish?

I'll get back to you on MM's evaluation of your boytoy, since you don't know how to research it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cal66GreenBay,
i love ur passion to stick up for rodgers, its admirable. now lets be realistic with ur support when ur trying to use facts.

if this quote is true
Your opinion means nothing.
... well u know where im gonna go with this

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

Hey Francis... Speaking of research,I posted three times on this subject before you "entered the coversation". Are you trying to look foolish?

I'll get back to you on MM's evaluation of your boytoy, since you don't know how to research it.

yeah get back to me DePack....

Since you have McCarthy on speed dial.

I interned for KRON-TV Channel 4 in San Francisco CA back in 1997.
The sports producer's name is Dave Guingona(he's still there and still in charge. We meet/chat at the Pro Bowl every year and he still remember s me.)
He also will give you his take on the MM view of Rodgers.
Call Dave up, call any of the sports reporters of the San Jose Mercury
up as well. Those are the two major TV, and news stations that cover the 49ers.

Get to work sparky.

Again..I have an OPEN invitation to any of you wisemen from this forum, who can make it out to Honolulu to the probowl to meet up w/me and we can discuss any of these interesting topics further and I'll buy you a beer to boot.

My crew (of 30 guys) sit in the front row 50 yard line of the sunny side of aloha stadium. We've been there for the last 10 years.
NOT hard to find.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
yeah get back to me....

What the heck does McCarthy got to do with the little discussion you and I are having here? lol I guess ignorance has fallen on me this time? :shrug:

What would you like me to get back to you in regards to?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
yeah get back to me....

What the heck does McCarthy got to do with the little discussion you and I are having here? lol I guess ignorance has fallen on me this time? :shrug:

What would you like me to get back to you in regards to?

Hey Zero...DePack brought up McCarthy and I'm answering his blanket assessment on the 49ers drafting of Alex Smith.

It's off topic yes.
our lst discussion was this one below.

I made a general statement of brett calling players out and speaking his mind (whether it be contracts OR play).

YOU stated that they are not in the same realm of discussion(and said I lacked common sense) and wanted a more specific answer.

That specific answer is unanswerable because he doesn't publicly call out players cuz of play. That part is true and I don't dispute that.

At the same time...I DISAGREE that I can't put those two points together because I was referring to Brett speaking his mind in general.

And I expanded on that point saying that IF he were not really agreeing w/a player being good..then he would put the word "CHANCE" into his comments about that player. "he has a CHANCE to be good"
THat's the company line way of saying "he sucks"

But when they say "absolutely. I know he can make it"
that's not JUST company line..that's not JUST Brett being a good teammate.
That's Brett giving his opinion on TOP of the company line.

The reason I wanted to use the walker example(in a stretch as you put it. It's a stretch to you because you think I'm tring to parrallel the two situations..I'm not), is because Brett will tell you how he feels whether it be contracts OR play.

He's said numerous times that the team is YOUNG and makes mistakes...
and then puts the onous back on himself and said "well at the same time..maybe I could've done something more".

So all I'm saying is to give Brett more credit than thinking he'll mince his words about a teammate for their play. He can tow the company line and STILL convey how he feels..if you use common sense.

Brett endorses Aaron. I disagree and disput your claim that he's doing it just for company line. THat's a discredit to Aaron AND to Brett.

That's my PROBLEM w/your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts