Aaron Rodgers

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wassup Guys. new the forum. Here's some stuff about Aaron Rodgers if you guys haven't seen already.

THUMBS UP
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/weblo ...

On a visit to Green Bay during the off-season workouts, former NFL quarterback Rich Gannon told Aaron Rodgers that the best thing he could do for his own career, the Packers and Brett Favre would be to push Favre every day in practice. More than three weeks and 26 practices into camp, Rodgers seems to have accomplished that goal.

He has completed 136 of 228 passes, for 59.6%, with six interceptions in 11-on-11 periods. In seven-on-seven sessions, Rodgers is 82 of 135, for 60.7%, with two interceptions. On Tuesday night when Favre completed less than 50% of his passes in team drills, Rodgers was 7 of 10, as well as 4 of 4 in seven-on-seven.

Rodgers isn’t at the point where he’s pushing Favre for the starting job, but his camp numbers are comparable with fewer interceptions. Favre has completed 60.7% of his passes in 11-on-11 periods with nine interceptions and 57.9% in seven-on-seven sessions with six interceptions.

Rodgers has come a long way in a year’s time. He credits the new coaching staff for some of his improvement, but said the main thing was that he came to camp this year with a better attitude and a stronger commitment.“I didn’t want to have another training camp like last year,â€

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Aaron Rodgers - ALSO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hb1xKUJKfo

This is a video montage of the last game USC lost before losing to Texas this year. You'll see Aaron's high ball carry method, and how quickly he gets the ball out, how accurate and laser quick his passes are, and how much that will translate into success as he supplants Brett Favre sometime this year and definitely next year. This was only his 2nd start as QB. he only played 3/4 of the game, because it was a blowout towards the end.
He never looked back since then.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much milk does he drink? With this protection he won't last one game w/o having something broke. Besides drill in practice...against our Pass D...you have to go through your reads. AR looks one guy down then runs. We need a better OL,run game and D, before we plug and play another QB. Unless you believe to just scrap this season and completely rebuild.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't look one guy and run. Hey hasn't gone to run all pre-preseason.

He had a 70% passer rating in college. 70% that's outrageous. His high ball carry and quick release enable him to be suited perfectly for this offense.
He's got better mechanics and fundamentals than Favre.

Aaron performed better than Favre in practice and in the preseason. We need to give him a Shot.

Brett is not what he used to be.
Trying to not make this another Brett discussion.

Just wanted you guys see the glowing things on Aaron and how awesome he was in college.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll forgive me if I don't turn cartwheels over Aaron's 70% completion percentage against a cupcake Pac-10 Schedule. Aaron Rodgers will get a shot when he earns it, and he hasn't yet (though he looked a lot better this past preseason than at any time the year before).

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did get 23 straight completions against USC's vaunted defense during their almost 2 year undefeated team. It was Aaron's team that was the lone loss for USC before those 2 years began and before Texas did it last year.

So maybe not a full cartwheel, but how about a moonsault? =)

Just wanted you guys to check out his footage and his cool high ball carry and release. that's what I appreciate about his game, is that new hybrid dimension to the game. SOmething we hadn't seen before

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm too out of shape to be turning either, but you might want to look at footage from this past preseason. You'll note that Rodgers is carrying the ball much lower than he ever did at Cal.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I'm kinda saddened by how he lowered it and gave into pressure. It's the high ball carry that made him unique. It's still higher than most other QBs but definitely not as pronounced.

Thanks for your posts TOPackerfan. I like this forum MUCH better than topix.net

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..I'm on the West too. I saw his Titan game and saw how he passed efficiently. Also the last preseason game. You can't site just one run he did and say he doesn't go through his progressions.

He did a lot of scanning of the field on most of his plays.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Thanks for all the info..........Aaron!"

HEHE..NICE TRY..but I'm not Aaron. I'm a Cal grad for sure, and am now a converted Green Bay fan because of his drafting to the packers.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
yeah I'm kinda saddened by how he lowered it and gave into pressure. It's the high ball carry that made him unique. It's still higher than most other QBs but definitely not as pronounced.

Thanks for your posts TOPackerfan. I like this forum MUCH better than topix.net

There was no pressure from the packers to get him to lower it. The packer coach (not sure which one) said that it would come down naturally and it did. Aaron himself said that no one has been making him lower it.

I was at the falcon game and the Titan game and I saw him pack it in and run alot. What bothered me was that he didn't move around in the pocket while still looking for an open reciever. He goes through his reads and then as soon as he feels pressure, he packs it in and runs. One of Favres greatest abilities is to buy time to let the recievers get open and creates big plays.

I have liked what I have seen of him and I think he can grow into a leader and effective QB. But currently, He is miles behind Brett in abilities.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs seasoning by playing in games to get his abilities up to Favres...

Yeah..the ball carrry was drilled into him by Tedford. If I run into him, I'm going to remind him to carry the ball high!

=)

Again, I attribute his packing in an running because of the offensive line. My counter to that is Brett should run more too. Brett threw into double-triple coverage against New Orleans and against Chicago. He can't thread the needles as much anymore and when he does..the receivers are dropping the ball.

I haven't seen Brett roll out as much to create openings as in the past...that was his forte.

But back to Aaron..part of why he's running is because(as mentioned by Rich Gannon during the broadcast) is that Mike McCarthy WANTS to see some more athleticism and running from Aaron in this offense. He's purposely trying these things out in the pre-season to experiment w/the results. Hence the word PRE-season.

If they supplanted Favre w/Rodgers next week, you wouldn't see Aaron running like that. He was known in college to stay in the pocket and take the hit to deliver the ball. I saw him get flattened many times to get the ball out and create opportunities.

The problem is, the suspect offensive line of GB will get him killed and the receivers are not helping right now.

Nice discussion you guys!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-rod will be a good QB, and welcome to the site cal.

and telling people favre is human doesnt float well around GB... but it is true and he will have to retire one day. A-rod will get his chance in the next two seasons and i think every year he stays behind favre does nothing but show him how it all goes down. i have faith in the kid...im liking his progression. and i freakin love his moustache. however for now. favre is still the man

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his abilities are ever up to Favres, he'll be headed to the Hall of Fame.

Let's be realistic here, kid.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Debate..? What debate?

What are we debating..that Aaron Rodgers looks good in practice..or that he's the next Brett Favre?

Get real man and stay off of Madden.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
thanks for yet again ruining another debate majik. your a real asset to this forum.

?????? Gotta agree with majik. Not sure why that put a burr up your **** but don't really care either. A-rod has no shot at having a career like Favre's. Expecting that from him does him a great injustice

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depack my bad.. i agree that comparing Favre to A-rod is unfair. thats why i didnt do it. I simply said i have faith in A-rod, but until Favre wants to leave... hes the man. there is no argument there.

its just that TomAlle... er i mean Majik tries to pit everyone against favre when it has nothing to do with that at all... not even in the slightest.

EVERYONE HERE LOVES FAVRE.... WE KNOW HES THE BEST OPTION AT QB ... so stop posting crap that says different.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
depack my bad.. i agree that comparing Favre to A-rod is unfair. thats why i didnt do it. I simply said i have faith in A-rod, but until Favre wants to leave... hes the man. there is no argument there.

its just that TomAlle... er i mean Majik tries to pit everyone against favre when it has nothing to do with that at all... not even in the slightest.

EVERYONE HERE LOVES FAVRE.... WE KNOW HES THE BEST OPTION AT QB ... so stop posting crap that says different.

My bad....I misread the earlier post. I apologize.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Again, I attribute his packing in an running because of the offensive line.

The problem is, the suspect offensive line of GB will get him killed and the receivers are not helping right now.

This is my point with AR...hell anyone else than Favre. It's not like I dislike AR or worship Favre(almost) but we as a team are not ready to put a new QB in yet w/o the OL and run game going. Otherwise the only experience he is going to get is to get the snap and run for his life, and how 900lbs of DL feel atop of you. I don't want to see him run...but he'll have to...and that's when QB's get hurt.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Again, I attribute his packing in an running because of the offensive line.

This is my point with AR...hell anyone else than Favre. It's not like I dislike AR or worship Favre(almost) but we as a team are not ready to put a new QB in yet w/o the OL and run game going. Otherwise the only experience he is going to get is to get the snap and run for his life, and how 900lbs of DL feel atop of you. I don't want to see him run...but he'll have to...and that's when QB's get hurt.

Oh..but it's ok for Favre to get hurt behind that line now..isn't it? :wink:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's as tough as nails, and knows how to move enough to squirm out of it. At least we do get yards with Favre. With AR it would be the Jon Ryan weekly workout show! The OL gets experience, the new receivers, the play calling, everything gains with Favre as far as rebuilding.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts