Aaron Rodgers

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read some where Rodgers went 6-6 in pratice. I really want to see how he does in preseason, he will be seeing a lot of time.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're hearing good things about his play in practice, as we should be at this point in his career. He's getting a lot of time with the #1 offense, and he seems to be fitting in. The exhibition season will be big for him. I want him to get to the point where he's actually pushing Favre a bit. I know he won't challenge for his job this year, but I'd like him to at least get good enough where he will be going into his third year as a potential quality starting NFL QB.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to read some positive posts about this kid by Packer Fans.

I mean he is a Q.B. and he is only a year away from being drafted. You all know it takes just about every Q.B. time to develop, but last year so many on Packer Forums were down on him based on his play in practice and camp. Just the nature of the fan I reckon. If you do not believe me go back to last August and read the posts on this forum.

Amazing!

Personally if he was 2 for 6 the other day I would still be saying the same thing.... He has a good shot at being a great Q.B. In two or three years.

R.P.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You also have to take into account who is writing the TC report you're reading.

For example, Cliff Christl at JSOnline has a definite mancrush on Favre. You will rarely see him write anything negative about him and nothing is ever his fault. Brett can sail a pass 10' over a WR's head and Christl will write that it was just off his fingertips and should have been caught.

On the other hand, he rarely writes anything positive about Rodgers. A pass on the numbers that is dropped by the WR according to Cliff is another terrible pass by Rodgers that the WR had no chance at catching.

Rodgers will be fine when he finally gets some gametime experience and gets out from under the shadow of a legend.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Bill Murray either. He's upset right now because of the 5 Favre interceptions in practice. Matter of fact a couple of writers were harping on that. Rodgers does seem to be coming along though, slowly but steadily. Good attitude as well.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IndiPack said:
No Bill Murray either. He's upset right now because of the 5 Favre interceptions in practice. Matter of fact a couple of writers were harping on that. Rodgers does seem to be coming along though, slowly but steadily. Good attitude as well.
Is he even an Ann Murray. Maybe he should retire with Favre, and then do another biography!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought when we got Rogers that we got a steal at that spot in the draft. The kid was under enormous pressure being a #1 following in the footsteps of Brett Favre, and having a Brett Favre that could certainly sense his presence and apparently did everything he could to make the kid feel uncomfortable. And take that along with a probably a high degree of arrogance from the rookie, you just had kind of a bad situation. But it looks like he and everyone around him is settling down. I just think that with good coaching, this kid is going to be special.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I thought when we got Rogers that we got a steal at that spot in the draft. The kid was under enormous pressure being a #1 following in the footsteps of Brett Favre, and having a Brett Favre that could certainly sense his presence and apparently did everything he could to make the kid feel uncomfortable. And take that along with a probably a high degree of arrogance from the rookie, you just had kind of a bad situation. But it looks like he and everyone around him is settling down. I just think that with good coaching, this kid is going to be special.

With this --- and having a Brett Favre that could certainly sense his presence and apparently did everything he could to make the kid feel uncomfortable --- did you mean comfortable? if not, how was he doing everything to make him uncomfortable?

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I have seen makes me believe Favre has helped the kid and there is no tension. Favre has no reason to feel threatened by him but on the other hand shouldn't be expected to be his nursemaid.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
You also have to take into account who is writing the TC report you're reading.

For example, Cliff Christl at JSOnline has a definite mancrush on Favre. You will rarely see him write anything negative about him and nothing is ever his fault. Brett can sail a pass 10' over a WR's head and Christl will write that it was just off his fingertips and should have been caught.

On the other hand, he rarely writes anything positive about Rodgers. A pass on the numbers that is dropped by the WR according to Cliff is another terrible pass by Rodgers that the WR had no chance at catching.

Rodgers will be fine when he finally gets some gametime experience and gets out from under the shadow of a legend.

I think you have Christl confused with Bob McGinn. Christl will take Favre to task when he has a bad day and the only thing he has ever said about Rodgers is that without seeing him play, he's unable to pass judgment on whether he's an NFL starter.

Packula

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood what Favre was supposed to do to be supportive.

It's a competition. Earn the job. No one is saying Al Harris was supposed to be grooming Ahmad Carroll.

I'm glad to hear Rodgers is coming along well. This way he doesn't have to worry about being handed a job he didn't earn.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The word out of Green Bay last year was that he and Favre didn't get along at all. It could be because Rogers got cocky on him, or it could be that Favre took exception to the kid being the heir apparent. I don't know. I just remember hearing and reading that. But the bottom line is that they're teammates, it's not babysitting him. They should be working together for the good of the team. I don't know who was wrong or who was right, I just think that the kid was probably more intimidated than anything.

Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
The word out of Green Bay last year was that he and Favre didn't get along at all. It could be because Rogers got cocky on him, or it could be that Favre took exception to the kid being the heir apparent. I don't know. I just remember hearing and reading that.

Really? I never heard anything like that. Please don't take this as bashing or anything, but would you be able to remember the source?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It was alluded to by ESPN which spurned Rodgers to nullify any notion of that. He stated he did not expect Brett to give him any special privileges nor did he want that. He said he didn't need Brett to coach him, he has a QB coach for that. He also said if he has any questions Brett is more than happy to oblige him.

Rodgers very ****** and professionally sqashed that sad rumor they did not get along. Watch more than just ESPN people! (for those who think Rodgers and Favre don't get along that is) :)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't honestly remember where I heard that. I went to some early practices last year and Favre was having a good time with everyone, with one exception and that was Rogers. This was before I had heard or read that there was a problem, and so I thought this was peculiar when I saw it. Even then I didn't think much of it, until later when I read or heard this and that's when it triggered the practices that I was at. I never saw Brett give him a high five or for that matter even talk to him. Remember his two friends Peterson and Nall lost playing time to an unproven rookie. Maybe that had something to do with it.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Remember his two friends Peterson and Nall lost playing time to an unproven rookie. Maybe that had something to do with it.

not to upset you, its okay to not be a brett fan but this comment pretty much solidifies you are not a fan of brett lol

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are the words of reporters looking for a story. Favre said he was more than happy to help Rodgers if he had questions, etc., but stated that it was not like he (Favre) was setting up tutoring sessions. Informal teaching versus structured grooming.

That said, look at how those two guys interacted last year....jawjacking on the sidelines, laughing, smiling, having fun. Body language is more trusted than a reporters word to me. They are fine.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero you couldn't be more wrong. I have no clue where you got it from that I'm not a Favre fan. If you've read any of my posts you would know better than that. However, just because I'm a fan of his, doesn't mean I think he's right all the time. I have no clue what was going on between them, but the days that I was there, it was obvious that there wasn't a relationship and if there was, it wasn't a good one. That doesn't mean it ended that way, but that's what I saw. But don't give me that crap about not being a fan, that's just stupid.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Zero you couldn't be more wrong. I have no clue where you got it from that I'm not a Favre fan. If you've read any of my posts you would know better than that. However, just because I'm a fan of his, doesn't mean I think he's right all the time. I have no clue what was going on between them, but the days that I was there, it was obvious that there wasn't a relationship and if there was, it wasn't a good one. That doesn't mean it ended that way, but that's what I saw. But don't give me that crap about not being a fan, that's just stupid.

I asked for you NOT to get upset. Oh well. I apologize to you sir. Glad you are a fan of Brett! And I never said if you are a fan of brett you are saying he is always right. Geez, don't you read MY posts? (ya know, anyone of the bazillion out there :p)

What you say is obvious about a poor relationship, I counter and say what I seen was obvious they got along just like any pro athletes do. It's not always about fun and games. Just because someone is not joking around laughing smiling doesn't mean they hate or dislike one another.

There's a time for business and time for funning around.

Rodgers and Favre are fine, always have been, period. Anyone who believes other wise really needs to stop listening to ESPN and hogwash reporters and take it from first hand knowledge instead.

peace out

Members online

Latest posts