Aaron Rodgers

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
After seeing a practice in Green Bay I have to say which I know some of you will disagree with me, I think number 10 Thompson the QB is going to be good. He moves around in the pocket so well. I also think he should beat out Martin as our third string.

100% agree... watch that one throw he made Saturday... threaded the needle... albeit he has a LONG way to go, but he looks more the part than Martin. Paul Thompson is green as the day is long... but put him through a whole offseason here in GB and watch him grow.

I don't think he'll ever be a great NFL QB but I think maybe a solid backup. Someone like Seneca Wallace. If you forget about the beating he took Saturday, he's been a pretty good backup QB. He was someone who a lot of people thought should've been moved to receiver or running back.

I would like to see the Pack keep Paul Thompson over Ingle Martin as well. Not sure I see it happening though. I read McCarthy is the guy who scouted Martin and is the guy who basically made that draft pick because he liked Martin.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope they keep Thompson I think they are passing on a good thing if they dont. I was truly impressed by him watching him in person like I did. Hes another fun QB to watch.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Thompson in the scrimmage, but he looked like garbage in the Seahawks game. He's also had plenty of bad practices. I suspect that McCarthy is still on the fence, but is probably leaning toward Ingle Martin. Thompson has two more weeks to prove himself. But if they cut Ingle, who will Brett Favre have to go hunting with?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky you honestly think that if Thompson continues to outshine Ingle that McCarthy will keep Ingle??

nope

I think if McCarthy says to Thompson that I still feel Martin is worthy keeping because of what I believe in him, Thompson will listen to the coach in this aspect. That's what I think.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Pack93z said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
After seeing a practice in Green Bay I have to say which I know some of you will disagree with me, I think number 10 Thompson the QB is going to be good. He moves around in the pocket so well. I also think he should beat out Martin as our third string..

100% agree... watch that one throw he made Saturday... threaded the needle... albeit he has a LONG way to go, but he looks more the part than Martin. Paul Thompson is green as the day is long... but put him through a whole offseason here in GB and watch him grow.

Completely agree on Thompson. He throws lasers. People who thought Martin was better than Rodgers were off on that..and in addition as people are mentioning...I believe Thompson will pass Martin as well.

Aaron's really coming along. It's nice to see.

I have nothing to contribute, I am just fixing the quotes cuz its buggin the crap out of me.

This was your best.post.ever.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Porky you honestly think that if Thompson continues to outshine Ingle that McCarthy will keep Ingle??

nope

I think if McCarthy says to Thompson that I still feel Martin is worthy keeping because of what I believe in him, Thompson will listen to the coach in this aspect. That's what I think.

With Rodgers as our future, our 3rd string QB is ever so much more important as Rodgers is not as durable as Brett.

Members online