1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by agopackgo4, Aug 20, 2007.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think he'll ever be a great NFL QB but I think maybe a solid backup. Someone like Seneca Wallace. If you forget about the beating he took Saturday, he's been a pretty good backup QB. He was someone who a lot of people thought should've been moved to receiver or running back.

I would like to see the Pack keep Paul Thompson over Ingle Martin as well. Not sure I see it happening though. I read McCarthy is the guy who scouted Martin and is the guy who basically made that draft pick because he liked Martin.

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I sure hope they keep Thompson I think they are passing on a good thing if they dont. I was truly impressed by him watching him in person like I did. Hes another fun QB to watch.

3. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Porky you honestly think that if Thompson continues to outshine Ingle that McCarthy will keep Ingle??

nope

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Thompson in the scrimmage, but he looked like garbage in the Seahawks game. He's also had plenty of bad practices. I suspect that McCarthy is still on the fence, but is probably leaning toward Ingle Martin. Thompson has two more weeks to prove himself. But if they cut Ingle, who will Brett Favre have to go hunting with?

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think if McCarthy says to Thompson that I still feel Martin is worthy keeping because of what I believe in him, Thompson will listen to the coach in this aspect. That's what I think.

6. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This was your best.post.ever.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    With Rodgers as our future, our 3rd string QB is ever so much more important as Rodgers is not as durable as Brett.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078