Aaron Rodgers wins at life

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has reportedly been busy playing Santa for kids from the Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay without telling anyone. | Cheesehead TV

UPDATED:
Just wanted to pass along that, while every word below is true - it is, indeed, from 2009. Rodgers has not, as of yet, done any surprise Christmas gift giving to Boys and Girls Clubs or any other charitable organizations in 2010, though one could be coming in the near future.
Meaning, of course, that I have completely ruined the surprise.
Also meaning, of course, that Aaron Rodgers is an even bigger fan of me/CHTV. (sigh)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've heard from a bunch of people in and around the Green Bay area that this did indeed happen:
Apparently a friend has a friend who is a retired teacher and who is involved with the Boys & Girls Club.
Someone from the Packer organization called this guy at the Boys & Girls Club and told them to bring 75 kids from the Boys and Girls Club to the new bowling alley in Howard and they would get soda, pizza and free bowling.
They got a second call upping the amount of kids to 100. When they all got there, there were about 15 Packers players there to visit and bowl with them.
When they were done, all the kids were each given $100 to go to Shopko for Christmas shopping, accompanied by the Packer players.
And it was all funded by Aaron Rodgers. There was no publicity, no television cameras. We are lucky to have him in Green Bay.
I can't express how proud I am to have someone like this as the face of the Green Bay Packers.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's awesome! So humble...just proves what great character most Packers players have.

and on a similar note.. Darnell Docket tweeted this today:

ddockett DARNELL DOCKETT
Every year I give 100kids 100dollars and take them to toys R us! And they love it. When I was young no one ever did that for us!

Not only tweeting to world about his charitable contributions, but then *****in' because no one ever did it for him? smh!!!

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...That's GOOD STUFF!...even though he fumbled on the gaol line last Sunday.

Pure Class!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like a commenter said over there:
"Character is best defined by who you are when noone is looking"

Very true, how differently we act when we think nobody is watching. Many blessings for Aaron this holiday. I love to hear things like this, it makes me more and more proud of this team. I'm honored to be a fan!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
amazing. Pure class. Maybe our former QB could learn a thing or two

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
amazing. Pure class. Maybe our former QB could learn a thing or two

ivo610, I love your posts. Now I know Brett held charity softball games but that is just publicizing his name. But do we know what he or his wife did in private for good causes? I know Reggie White did things and did not want his name brought up. I once gave 100 softball bats to the Boys Club in Green Bay and they were yelling at me for my name......I just yelled back "anonymous". Maybe Brett never did anything without drawing attention to his name, but maybe he did, We don't know.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well maybe we do know what Brett and Deanna did while in Green Bay:

By Glenn Franco Simmon Now that Brett Favre has decided to stay retired, the Internet will turn sluggish under the weight of the hits.
In all the stories, however, I wonder how many will focus on Brett Favre, the man.
In some communities, organizations and homes, this unbelievably long—lived NFL quarterback may be known more for his off—the—field charitable work.
On his website, For the Love of the Game, the future Hall of Famer said his Brett Favre Fourward Foundation donated more than $1.5 million to disadvantaged and disabled children in Mississippi and Wisconsin.
However, that may be a typo, because his foundation is reported by other sources to have raised more than $3 million, which is the amount listed on his wife's part of the Web site, titled Deanna Favre Hope Foundation.
It's unimportant because either amount is a lot of money, and as important as the money is the publicity that any Favre donation will draw.
That often means more donations by others.
His star power also brings publicity to the causes he supports, which works in society to make us all more tolerant and knowledgeable.
What isn't known, in the end, is how much Favre's example influences others, but I'm sure he has helped in ways he may never know.
He has devoted a lot of time to fundraising dinners and his celebrity softball tournament, in addition to other efforts.
I don't know all of the organizations that have benefited from Favre, but they include the Back—to—School Program, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club, CASA of Brown County, Make—A—Wish Foundation, Rawhide Ranch, Special Olympics, United Cerebral Palsy, Wisconsin Whitewater, and Special Olympics.
Admittedly, Favre is a good man.
Favre's wife, Deanna, has also done a lot of good by calling attention to a modern day plague: breast cancer.
As a young woman of only 35 years old, she was diagnosed with breast cancer, in 2004.
Deanna has used her story as an opportunity to increase awareness of breast exams, mammograms, as well as sharing a story that other women can identify with.
She has done a lot of the work for their foundation, and she is called the "rock" behind their relationship on their Web site.
Reading about her cancer, and her faith in God, it is easy to see why they have combined to form such a wonderful foundation.
I hope they can continue their work as Favre enters a new stage in his life, but I don't think he will be out of football for long.
His passion is football and he was very good at it, some say great at it.
One way or another, he'll be back, whether it's on TV or in a book, or some other format.
That's as it should be. He's earned it.
Lastly, more important than Brett Favre the great quarterback, is Brett Favre, the good, decent man.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am thrilled with Aaron Rodgers. Packer fans are very lucky to have him. I am disgusted with Brett Favre but to insinuate that Brett and his wife did no charitable work is unfair.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and Deanna are very charitable persons.
But they put their name in everything. They definitely utilize the charity work as advertising means.
As evidenced by Deanna's new book release...

Even if they do so, it's still much more than I do, and it's still very noble of their part, that's unquestionable.

It's just that Rodgers does the charity work without using it as marketing tool. He could use it for his music label, but he doesn't.

I believe both him and Favre are genuine givers, if we're staying in the comparison. Both care greatly about their comunities.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care one bit, it's like the millionaire actors and actresses, "doing what they can"
Of course they contribute, you'd be labeled a complete scum if you didn't give.
I'm will admit I'm impressed with Deanna, she's shown what loyalty is about, even if Bernt doesn't get it.
You guys ever see the show "What would you do?" it's really, really sharp. They set up scenarios where people should step in and say or do something. It makes you smile when you see someone step up. And these are just regular folks like you and I. It's a news magazine. Anyway, you don't have to be a millionaire to be a class act, but you do have to ACT like a class act if you're a millionaire.
As said earlier, it's what you do out of the public eye, when you think nobody is watching. Aaron is first class. Brunt? Not so much.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ivo610, I love your posts. Now I know Brett held charity softball games but that is just publicizing his name. But do we know what he or his wife did in private for good causes?

Maybe Brett never did anything without drawing attention to his name, but maybe he did, We don't know.

Im with you on this one..

All you have to do is search for Chistopher Foppiano and Brett Favre

Brett did awesome things for the child...From one post on Bretts board, and with in a week the boy was in GB watching the Pack play the Viks in the playoffs

Then a few years later right b4 Chris passed we raised money to get him to see that softball game...I got Brittney to talk to her dad to let him know Chris was there..We waited in front of his truck and with Chris on my shoulders Brittney showed her dad Chris..t was just a wave from Brett to Chris as there was at least 100 people around us...stopping wouldnt have worked..But rest of the day Chris was just happy Brett waved to him

IVO you are a little wrong on your assessment of Brett at this for some things

** the italicized parts are wrong...It was only a few months later (but felt like 2 years)

and part about Brittney people felt I was tooting my own horn..

So I apologize to those that I offended

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That was nice of Rodgers and the other Packer players. Probably meant a heck of a lot to the kids.

As far as the "Fill in player name here" Foundation, it's just a tax shelter. Lots of sports athletes have their foundations and it's first for the tax break, secondly for PR and third to help the poor. This was laid out to me by the girlfriend of a Dallas Cowboy WR who Splain'd it to me of how all those Foundations work as a tax shelter for the players setup by their lawyers. Then they use the foundation to help out the community a bit, and build their PR for when/if they want to open a car dealership or whatever down the road.

Members online

Latest posts