Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Ian Rapoport of NFL News, "If Rodgers can't go this week and the Packers have no chance at the playoffs, source said it's possible Rodgers is shut down for 2013".

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Would make sense..

Play Scott give him the reps to get better

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with it too. Why risk serious injury for no reason? Rodgers is clearly one of the four most valuable, irreplaceable players in the league. Get Rodgers 110%.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll wait to I hear any official word until I believe anything.

A source tried saying Finely was only out 4-6 weeks earlier.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting him if he is healthy will destroy the locker room. He doesn't want to sit. That will create tension with him and TT/MM. The players won't like the give up attitude. If he is healthy then play him.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting him if he is healthy will destroy the locker room. He doesn't want to sit. That will create tension with him and TT/MM. The players won't like the give up attitude. If he is healthy then play him.

Depends on what "healthy" means. As long as there is any pain or discomfort, why play him? I don't think sitting Rodgers will be as damaging as you think.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Wilde just tweeted that "Source now tells me that Aaron Rodgers would 'be lucky' to return this week".

D

Dan115

Too many already have the give up attitude

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't beat the Falcons(we better) and are truly really out of it, I won't be opposed to sitting him the rest of the year. However, if we beat the Falcons, and he can come back the following week, play him. We aren't out yet.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt that would happen. Just look at the Lions game. Plenty of players are already "packing it in".

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that is the decision then the fat lady has sung. Sad state of affairs in Titletown; never thought I would see this but I suppose it's really just a business now. Will take a little time to wrap my head around the defeatist approach but there it is. If we sit a relatively healthy superstar Vince is wrong, clearly winning is NOT the only thing.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
If we don't beat the Falcons(we better) and are truly really out of it, I won't be opposed to sitting him the rest of the year. However, if we beat the Falcons, and he can come back the following week, play him. We aren't out yet.

Yet. How highly do you rate the Packers' chances of winning the SB? From what I saw on Thanksgiving, your team is a long shot just to win one playoff game... (even with Rodgers returning). There is no sense taking a risk in a situation with so little upside.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet. How highly do you rate the Packers' chances of winning the SB? From what I saw on Thanksgiving, your team is a long shot just to win one playoff game... (even with Rodgers returning). There is no sense taking a risk in a situation with so little upside.

I agree with you. Rodgers has a broken collarbone. If he comes back to early, it could become displaced and end up costing him more time in the future. Why risk the franchise for absolutely no reward? Even if the Packers win out it's not like a 9-6-1 record wins the division.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is not back next weekend word has it that he will be put on IR for the rest of the season.....

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers lose to the Falcons and stand at 5-7-1, and either the Lions or Bears stand at 8-5 after next week, then there is no point playing Rodgers.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I really cannot believe what I am reading here. People are actually thinking we should basically just tank the season if we lose to the Falcons...

Did the Jaguars and Buccaneers tank the season when they were winless through half the season? Did the Browns tank the season when it looked like they had no chance in hell of winning a football game early in the season? I am sorry but if Rodgers is cleared by the doctors to play, he better play, period end of story. That is the ONLY acceptable path for the rest of the season, the second the medical staff clears him to play, he plays. This wait until he is 110% crap is, well crap. First off, you can't be 110%, you can only be 100% and there is not a football player on the planet that plays at 100% unless it is the first game of the season.

If the Packers actually pack it in and Rodgers does not play the rest of the season, I will be thoroughly disgusted with the management of this franchise and will have lost every bit of faith in them.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I really cannot believe what I am reading here. People are actually thinking we should basically just tank the season if we lose to the Falcons...

Did the Jaguars and Buccaneers tank the season when they were winless through half the season? Did the Browns tank the season when it looked like they had no chance in hell of winning a football game early in the season? I am sorry but if Rodgers is cleared by the doctors to play, he better play, period end of story. That is the ONLY acceptable path for the rest of the season, the second the medical staff clears him to play, he plays. This wait until he is 110% crap is, well crap. First off, you can't be 110%, you can only be 100% and there is not a football player on the planet that plays at 100% unless it is the first game of the season.

If the Packers actually pack it in and Rodgers does not play the rest of the season, I will be thoroughly disgusted with the management of this franchise and will have lost every bit of faith in them.
I'd rather get higher draft picks. Risking further injury to Rodgers for silly notions of pride or whatever else is just plain foolhardy. Absolutely no logic in your argument, period.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

Tanking is your term. It is more called protecting your assets. If the Packers had some resemblance of a defense... sure. But they don't. Rodgers may come back and rack up 40+ points a game in the regular season. That is going to be increasingly difficult in the playoffs.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather get higher draft picks. Risking further injury to Rodgers for silly notions of pride or whatever else is just plain foolhardy. Absolutely no logic in your argument, period.

Wow, you are ridiculous, so you can sit there and say that if Rodgers is cleared by the medical staff to play, we should not play him in order to get higher draft picks? I am sorry but you are the one with no logic in your post at all. That is not the way it works, you play to win period.

Don't get me wrong, I am by NO means saying play Rodgers if he is not healthy and read to go, but if he is CLEARED BY THE MEDICAL STAFF to play football, they he plays. Period.

How can you possibly disagree with that? Seriously?

Reactions: MLB

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Season's over. Calling all tanks:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It is also "possible" that I crap one of those Lexus' with a Christmas bow on it. I'll wait until the Packers say it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather get higher draft picks. Risking further injury to Rodgers for silly notions of pride .

Silly notion of pride? What the hell? Pride is all this team has left, and if they do not have any pride, they should not be on the football field. And you would rather play for a higher draft pick?

That is seriously the most asinine comment about professional football that could ever be made and is ONLY made by fans that do not have a single clue what they are talking about. Those words would NEVER be uttered with in an NFL team and if they were suggested by anyone within in the team, they would need to be shown the door.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This one beat the "It's never over!" scene from Rambo, mostly because I couldn't find the clip.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It would be extremely difficult for the Packers to sit a healthy Rodgers until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs – I don’t expect them to do that. If they are mathematically eliminated, would anyone be opposed to sitting a healthy Rodgers at that point since there’d be nothing they would be “giving up on”? And if you're against that, what if Rodgers suffers a severe injury in a truly meaningless game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts