aaron rodgers the hypocrite??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks for proving everyone else's point by providing the same point from Vic Ketchman.

Rodgers may not need to play in them to prepare himself – yeah, he’s that good – but nearly everybody else on a team’s roster needs to get some preseason playing time to be prepared to begin the season

So again, what was YOUR point Diesel?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame our coaching staff for being gun shy in the remaining preseason games with random starters after that Jordy incident. Rodgers is our franchise, so sitting him out is actually a very good call. Rodgers doesn't need a dress rehearsal. He'll come out in week 1 sharp as a razor, guaranteed.

I hate preseason. I wish it was shortened to 2 games.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so after reading article after article about how the someone or some combination of guys need to step up for jordy and how he and the new reciever's need to be on the same page with coverages and nuances etc then how in the world does it make sense for him to sit out completely saturday?
I am not going to hit "disagree" because your stats have taken a big enough hit. 11 disagrees?!?! Ouch...Keep your head up my friend.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sooooooooooo I am wrong for having an opinion? Never once did I give any factual information other then Sherod and Newhouse having been on the team in 2011. But then again im the only schmuck that thinks preseason games actually mean something. Oh wait, I'm not...............

The moment I heard Aaron Rodgers
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
use the word meaningless following the game in Pittsburgh last Sunday, I knew what would happen to my inbox this week. Here’s my opinion: Preseason games are not meaningless. Rodgers may not need to play in them to prepare himself – yeah, he’s that good – but nearly everybody else on a team’s roster needs to get some preseason playing time to be prepared to begin the season, and I’m not talking about a couple of quarters of football. I remember covering a two-time defending Super Bowl champion that was “too good” to play in the preseason in 1976 when it was six games, and that team began the season 1-4. Preseason games are practice. They’re the best kind of practice, which is to say games that allow you to work on your craft without having to concern yourself with the final score. Something has been lost this week. We’ve lost our respect for the preseason as a rite of passage to the real season. Pete Rozelle would be alarmed.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic/article-1/The-preseason-is-not-meaningless/48317262-70a6-46c1-9a23-bc12d6faa093#ixzz3kEWcyTuQ

Nobody suggested the Packers shouldn't play preseason games. Once again, it is important for the players on the bubble trying to make the roster.

You started this thread by saying Rodgers is a hypocrite for not wanting to play in the preseason (which is actually inaccurate) and now you agree with Ketchman that he doesn't need to play in those games.

As pokerbrat already asked, what is your point???

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does not need to to prepare himself, never once did I say he needed to play for that reason. My contention all along has been to in short to get work with other players that he has had minimal success with as of now. And yes Rodgers himself has said countless times preseason is meaningless. You don't think that after the safety last week he was asked whether or not he wanted to go back in? My vote would be yes he was asked, my guess is it was supposed to be another series or two he had game planned for. But again just guesses, once again no factual information given as I do not want to be told I am wrong about my own personal opinions.

D

Deleted member 6794

Does not need to to prepare himself, never once did I say he needed to play for that reason. My contention all along has been to in short to get work with other players that he has had minimal success with as of now. And yes Rodgers himself has said countless times preseason is meaningless. You don't think that after the safety last week he was asked whether or not he wanted to go back in? My vote would be yes he was asked, my guess is it was supposed to be another series or two he had game planned for. But again just guesses, once again no factual information given as I do not want to be told I am wrong about my own personal opinions.

Maybe you should read this article:

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packer...o-exhibition-games-b99564588z1-323045671.html

Rodgers mentions that his playing time is up to McCarthy and that he doesn't need to get a ton of snaps in preseason to be able to build some chemistry with the young receivers. RELAX!!!

D

Dan115

so after reading article after article about how the someone or some combination of guys need to step up for jordy and how he and the new reciever's need to be on the same page with coverages and nuances etc then how in the world does it make sense for him to sit out completely saturday?
It is just a ploy he is to suit up at middle line backer

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said it's the coaches decision whether he will play on Saturday or not. With Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang not playing I would prefer keeping him off the field on Saturday.

Yeah, coach always has the final say over this so this "hypocrite" word is extremely hyperbolic here

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

After trying to follow this thread, I think I figured it out.

Wr need all the time they an get, but Rodgers really doesnt need a lot of time for him to get ready. He has his job down like no other q.b

I dont think Diesel truly meant Rodgers HAS to play in a preseason game. I believe he feels that the wr have to work with Rodgers to get ready for the regular season and can't get that in just practices.

I dont think Deisel wants Rodgers to play with the banged up oline, but is worried that practices isnt enough..

Some posters maybe slamming him with out trying to figure out what he was really getting at

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey... How is everyone doing? :whistling: This thing kicks off at 7, right? I've grilled up a shitload of brats and kraut...cheese, sausage, crackers, doritos...cholesterol levels are ok for now... Let the monstrosity begin already. @:)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you cut to it Diesel, you have to compare the two worst outcomes and decide which you'd rather live with:

Option 1: Rodgers plays and gets injured

Option 2: Rodgers doesn't play and the chemistry between Rodgers and young WRs is not as good as it could have been

I think most of the forum members would go for Option #2. It's the lesser of two evils. We have one of the best QBs in the world. Why risk losing him if the alternative is merely risking additional chemistry?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I dont think Deisel wants Rodgers to play with the banged up oline, but is worried that practices isnt enough..
Yes, that's exactly what he wanted. He titled the thread “aaron rodgers the hypocrite??” And wrote:
He was either ignorant of the condition of the OL or he didn’t care. And if he was ignorant of the facts, why did it take him FIVE posts to admit the OL was banged up and that presented an added risk to Rodgers? CaptainWIMM mentioned it in the second post of the thread and it was mentioned several times after that.
Sooooooooooo I am wrong for having an opinion?
That’s a straw man. No poster said you were wrong for having an opinion. It’s the opinion of the others who posted on this thread your opinion is wrong. Even LTF tries to help by posting he doesn’t think you wanted something you clearly did.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what he wanted. He titled the thread “aaron rodgers the hypocrite??” And wrote: He was either ignorant of the condition of the OL or he didn’t care. And if he was ignorant of the facts, why did it take him FIVE posts to admit the OL was banged up and that presented an added risk to Rodgers? CaptainWIMM mentioned it in the second post of the thread and it was mentioned several times after that. That’s a straw man. No poster said you were wrong for having an opinion. It’s the opinion of the others who posted on this thread your opinion is wrong. Even LTF tries to help by posting he doesn’t think you wanted something you clearly did.

I think he didnt care about the online being banged up.

It just seems like he wants AR and the wr to have enough game time practices, and not wait until season starts..

I can sort of see his point,

is it worth it to have AR play behind a bad o line now, or in the regular season when it may take 2 games to sync up...

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he didnt care about the online being banged up.

It just seems like he wants AR and the wr to have enough game time practices, and not wait until season starts..

I can sort of see his point,

is it worth it to have AR play behind a bad o line now, or in the regular season when it may take 2 games to sync up...

Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang (don't know about Bulaga yet) will most likely play in the season opener. No reason to risk Rodgers health by playing him behind a banged up offensive line in a meaningless game.

Furthermore Rodgers said the young receivers have to get playing time in the preseason and show they understand the playbook, no matter which QBs actually throw the ball.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I didn't think that the O-line gave up many bad pressures, Hundley was sure on the run last night. Rodgers might have pulled a hammy in the same situation. It was a good showcase for Hundley's skills

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think EVERYBODY has made thier opininions clear on the subject. Is there any need to beat somebody over the head with it ?
The way some of our guys are going down I'm of the opinion that All of them sit the next game out. Have a great day and keep posting regardless. :tup:

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the point of not playing Rodgers because of already losing Nelson, but on the other hand they do need to think about live action for the WR's taking his place with the starting QB as well. I guess they figure they can cover anything in practice.

Reaction score
Sooooooooooo I am wrong for having an opinion? Never once did I give any factual information other then Sherod and Newhouse having been on the team in 2011. But then again im the only schmuck that thinks preseason games actually mean something. Oh wait, I'm not...............

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic/article-1/The-preseason-is-not-meaningless/48317262-70a6-46c1-9a23-bc12d6faa093#ixzz3kEWcyTuQ
Having opinions does not make us 100% right or make us immune from counter opinions of disagreement. I think one of the biggest problems of folks today is the lack of allowing others the "benefit of the doubt". We too often hastily jump to our own conclusions about other people's actions or inaction. It's intriguing that you unfairly attack the leagues MVP and then when we defend him you claim your opinion is being attacked? In irony, You just practiced an inverse definition of being self-hypocritical.

Members online

Latest posts