aaron rodgers the hypocrite??

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so after reading article after article about how the someone or some combination of guys need to step up for jordy and how he and the new reciever's need to be on the same page with coverages and nuances etc then how in the world does it make sense for him to sit out completely saturday?

D

Deleted member 6794

so after reading article after article about how the someone or some combination of guys need to step up for jordy and how he and the new reciever's need to be on the same page with coverages and nuances etc then how in the world does it make sense for him to sit out completely saturday?

Rodgers said it's the coaches decision whether he will play on Saturday or not. With Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang not playing I would prefer keeping him off the field on Saturday.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rodgers a hypocrite for not playing behind an OL with THREE starters out? You've gotta be kidding. It doesn't matter to me if it's Rodgers' or the coaching staffs' decision, he should not be out there behind that line except to hand off and throw off of three-step drops. Have you been watching Barclay play LT?

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say he is a hypocrite, bc he seem to always not like pre season... hypocrite is saying yes preseason, no pre season... But for himself he has never liked them. As for steping up he has to say that, coaches have to say that, especially to players on the fence, players are playing for a spot and its now or never...

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trolling at all. Im being dead serious. He insists that the new crop of receivers must step up. Practice can only do so much. I completely agree last week after they gave up the safety that was "self preservation" and in a direct way led to the final score. But this week is the week to get on the same page with the young guys. The only thing im saying is every little but helps, but if you guys are okay with tolzien, hundley ane blanchard getting the timing down with them good for you.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So are you saying Rodgers needs practice? Or are you saying he is rusty and thus should risk injury playing behind a patched up offensive line? Let me guess, you are a Viking or Bear fan?

You said "so after reading article after article"....did you happen to run across any articles talking about the state of the offensive line and who will and won't be playing tomorrow?

Your point would have been better taken by not calling Rodgers a hypocrite and just saying ....... "It would be nice to see Rodgers get some Reps with Jordy's replacement in a game situation", but you didn't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually die hard packer fan but thanks though. Rodgers doesnt need practice thats not what im saying at all. What im saying is game albeit preseason experience is only going to help. Jordy got hurt yeah i get that in week 2 of preseason, would everyone here think that if he went down instead during a practice rodgers should just put away the red jersey and come out in a bubble just to be safe? Or if bahktiari cant go or goes down week 1 we should put tolzien in too keep rodgers out of harms way?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is preseason, not regular season. Nothing but a glorified practice with another team, nothing counts.

Rodgers isn't a rookie, he is a seasoned vet, he doesn't need to practice at the risk of getting hurt. If the starting offensive line was healthy, he would gets reps, but they aren't.

Still trying to rap my head around why you would call him a hypocrite?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Im being dead serious.
That's too bad. What part of three starting OL won't be in the lineup are you having trouble understanding? I haven't seen you acknowledge that fact once. Do you understand the risk of injury to Rodgers goes up dramatically in that circumstance? Instead of at least acknowledging 3/5ths of the OL won't be playing and the increased risk of injury to Rodgers, you call him a hypocrite? A couple of adjectives come to mind to describe your display of lack of understanding...

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too many moons ago he called the youmgsters out for being rough around the edges and making too many mistakes or having good days then bad days, all fine and dandy but to not play at all and get some work in with them makes no sense to me. I will give in and say hypocrite may have been a little harsh only due to it causing so many tears on here for using such a bad word but seriously though an injury can happen at any time or any place. If aaron got hurt doing his pilates or kung fu fighting or whatever he was doing with olivia then what? Back to my bubble theory would that appease you guys?

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's too bad. What part of three starting OL won't be in the lineup are you having trouble understanding? I haven't seen you acknowledge that fact once. Do you understand the risk of injury to Rodgers goes up dramatically in that circumstance? Instead of at least acknowledging 3/5ths of the OL won't be playing and the increased risk of injury to Rodgers, you call him a hypocrite? A couple of adjectives come to mind to describe your display of lack of understanding...

Oh i fully understand the risk, look back at the 2011 season i would say a pretty good year sans falling on our faces in the playoffs i see at least two bums we can all agree that played the o-line (newhouse and sherrod). So lets follow your logic here...... with them in the game together rodgers potential to get hurt skyrocketed, so why did we leave him in?

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh i fully understand the risk, look back at the 2011 season i would say a pretty good year sans falling on our faces in the playoffs i see at least two bums we can all agree that played the o-line (newhouse and sherrod). So lets follow your logic here...... with them in the game together rodgers potential to get hurt skyrocketed, so why did we leave him in?

Because it was the regular season. There's absolutely no reason to risk an injury to Rodgers in a meaningless game and ruin the Packers entire 2015 season.

D

Deleted member 6794

The only thing im saying is every little but helps, but if you guys are okay with tolzien, hundley ane blanchard getting the timing down with them good for you.

Tolzien suffered a concussion vs. the Steelers so he won't play vs. the Eagles.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
im not up in internet lingo. Does bait thread that mean it is just to troll?

Essentially...but not necessarily "troll" per se - I don't want to call dieseljunkie a troll - he's put some fairly decent stuff up in the past. Maybe he's angry because he bought a ticket to the game and now finds out that the Green Bay Packers taking the field tonight will be more akin to ... um ... maybe the New York Life team.

A bait thread, loosely defined, is one posted with the specific intent to "stir the pot". A posting of a largely indefensible statement ... and then proceed to post indefensible statements in support of the initial indefensible statement, just to irritate and spur frothing responses, or to actually stimulate conversation...don't know what the intent was.

I can't imagine the legitimate circumstance where "F'ing ANYBODY" would want the Packers' franchise on that field under ANY circumstance tonight. I would put BJ Raji under center tonight before Aaron Rodgers tonight -- hey, maybe make each and every O-Lineman take a couple of snaps tonight as his buddies 'open-the-gates', treat it as a learning opportunity. ;)

Therefore, I have to assume that the original poster was trying to stir up conversation, because that poster is nobody's dummie. This is why I labeled it a 'bait thread'.

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha thanks weeds my intent was not to stir to pot just putting my 2 cents in. again i apologize for using the word hypocrite i didnt know all the guys and gals here were that sensitive. but anyways lets get this straight according to everyone here i am dead wrong for thinking that rodgers should play. why bother suiting up any of the starting 22 then? better yet lets just keep the top 53 off the field too they have nothing to prove anyways right? you guys cant have your cake and eat it too with who you would prefer to see play and show what they have. but i will add vltrophy you are calling the kettle black in the fact that you have not acknowledged any of my arguments other then to spew how you are the smartest guy on the board and i have trouble understanding things. oh and no i dont have tickets to the game i am just outside albany ny, i make my green bay voyages during the regular season.

D

Deleted member 6794

haha thanks weeds my intent was not to stir to pot just putting my 2 cents in. again i apologize for using the word hypocrite i didnt know all the guys and gals here were that sensitive. but anyways lets get this straight according to everyone here i am dead wrong for thinking that rodgers should play. why bother suiting up any of the starting 22 then? better yet lets just keep the top 53 off the field too they have nothing to prove anyways right?

There are roster spots to be won over the last two preseason games so the guys on the bubble will most likely get the majority of the snaps anyway. The starters (especially on offense) will play only a few series and all I care about is them staying healthy. While an injury to any of the core players would be huge losing Rodgers would end our hopes of winning the Super Bowl immediately. With three starters on the OL out for this game and Barclay having been atrocious protecting the QB's blind side it's a pretty easy decision to keep him off the field today.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
About the only redeeming factor for tonight's game might be the possibility of our 1st team defense getting some time...oh wait...they're hurt too...:unsure:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
again i apologize for using the word hypocrite i didnt know all the guys and gals here were that sensitive. but anyways lets get this straight according to everyone here i am dead wrong for thinking that rodgers should play. why bother suiting up any of the starting 22 then? better yet lets just keep the top 53 off the field too they have nothing to prove anyways right?
It has nothing to do with being sensitive. It has to do with you posting something foolish and then doubling down on it. Look how long it took you – 5 posts - to even mention most of the starting OL won’t be playing and the risk that poses to Rodgers. Until then you appeared ignorant of the situation on the OL and even Tolzien’s status. Once you finally figured that out, you then had trouble distinguishing the difference between preseason and the regular season. And with this post you apparently can’t distinguish the importance of Rodgers vs. the top 53 players. Your “arguments” in this thread aren’t worthy of being acknowledged except to point out how clueless they are.

Since you were unaware of the situation on the OL, here’s a quote from the jsonline:
Barclay, in exhibition starts at right tackle and left tackle covering 83 snaps, has been charged with three sacks, six hurries and two holding penalties.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-offensive-lineman-b99565345z1-323174301.html

Rodgers hurt his arm on the safety at Pittsburgh because of Barclay and Tolzien got thrown to the ground causing his concussion because of a hurry given up by Barclay (Tolzien barely got the ball away). But you think it’d be a great idea to risk Rodgers’ health not only with Barclay at LT, but with Sitton and Lang sitting out.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why is it some people can't admit when they are wrong and just go forward? Instead, they blame it on others.

"I will give in and say hypocrite may have been a little harsh only due to it causing so many tears on here for using such a bad word"

" i apologize for using the word hypocrite i didnt know all the guys and gals here were that sensitive"

Anyway (singular btw), I am just happy to know that we have a very capable coaching staff in G.B. that will know who and when to play guys in these last two meaningless games of the preseason.

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooooooooooo I am wrong for having an opinion? Never once did I give any factual information other then Sherod and Newhouse having been on the team in 2011. But then again im the only schmuck that thinks preseason games actually mean something. Oh wait, I'm not...............

The moment I heard Aaron Rodgers
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
use the word meaningless following the game in Pittsburgh last Sunday, I knew what would happen to my inbox this week. Here’s my opinion: Preseason games are not meaningless. Rodgers may not need to play in them to prepare himself – yeah, he’s that good – but nearly everybody else on a team’s roster needs to get some preseason playing time to be prepared to begin the season, and I’m not talking about a couple of quarters of football. I remember covering a two-time defending Super Bowl champion that was “too good” to play in the preseason in 1976 when it was six games, and that team began the season 1-4. Preseason games are practice. They’re the best kind of practice, which is to say games that allow you to work on your craft without having to concern yourself with the final score. Something has been lost this week. We’ve lost our respect for the preseason as a rite of passage to the real season. Pete Rozelle would be alarmed.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic/article-1/The-preseason-is-not-meaningless/48317262-70a6-46c1-9a23-bc12d6faa093#ixzz3kEWcyTuQ

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts