Aaron Rodgers should hold out

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After having a total of 3 QBs start games for this franchise from 1992 until last Monday night, we will be having our 3rd in a 3 week span next week when we lose out in the Meadowlands against the now-hot Giants, winners of 3 straight games.

While we did move the ball much of the first half today, we don't score, and we lose. It's pathetic out there.

What we are seeing is Rodgers carries this team.
He puts the team on his shoulders.
He makes everyone better, and he gets wins.

He should be the highest paid player in the league by far.

Rodgers agent should demand a hefty raise.
I heard today we were $10 million under the cap this year. Is that true?

Losing at home to the Eagles, and Bears, back-to-back weeks, with a rumbling Eddie Lacy.... doesn't that speak volumes about the rest of the team?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ummmm I thought he is the highest paid in the history

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/in-which-aaron-rodgers-becomes-the-highest-paid-player-in-nfl-history/

$110 million over five years, according to Rapoport, with $62 million in the first three years and $40 million in the first year. That’s a $22 million average, which surpasses the $20.1 million annual checks that Joe Flacco gets on his six-year, $120.6 million contract.
This makes Rogers the highest-paid player in the history of the NFL.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After having a total of 3 QBs start games for this franchise from 1992 until last Monday night, we will be having our 3rd in a 3 week span next week when we lose out in the Meadowlands against the now-hot Giants, winners of 3 straight games.

While we did move the ball much of the first half today, we don't score, and we lose. It's pathetic out there.

What we are seeing is Rodgers carries this team.
He puts the team on his shoulders.
He makes everyone better, and he gets wins.

He should be the highest paid player in the league by far.

Rodgers agent should demand a hefty raise.
I heard today we were $10 million under the cap this year. Is that true?

Losing at home to the Eagles, and Bears, back-to-back weeks, with a rumbling Eddie Lacy.... doesn't that speak volumes about the rest of the team?

It certainly speaks volumes about the defense.

As for Rodgers holding out for more; the Packers already have a ton of cap space eaten up by him and Matthews. Justifiable money to be sure. But if you want more good players on the field with you better leave some space to sign them.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After having a total of 3 QBs start games for this franchise from 1992 until last Monday night, we will be having our 3rd in a 3 week span next week when we lose

Umm so you're giving up already? Dam I guess you need to talk with a Lions fan, they never really give up.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm so you're giving up already? Dam I guess you need to talk with a Lions fan, they never really give up.
Knowing we are going to lose is different than giving up.
Seneca Wallace gave up today.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No that is called an injury.
I've seen guys play thru broken feet before. Aaron Rodgers before he was our starter played a game against NE when we got killed and Favre got hurt, suffered but played thru a broken something (2006 I think).

Donovan McNabb played, and won with 4 or 5 TDs, in a game with the Eagles long ago on a broken foot.

For Wallace to get this chance, and tweak a groin, and leave the game? That's soft as hell. Unless it was torn off the bone, and if it was, he must have been shot up with the strongest pain-killers known to mankind because he kept throwing on the sideline.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're seeing the defense play it's worst all year which unfortunately coincides with Rodgers being out. It's an unfortunate situation, but coupled with injuries (argggg!) again it speaks less of the talent of the team than you think it does.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing we are going to lose is different than giving up.
Seneca Wallace gave up today.
We don't know the specifics of the injury yet. But for an aging vet wanting to prove himself worthy, there's not any scenario I could envision more than him wanting to play.

You're beginning to sound like the Bears fans when Cutler went down with (what we learned later was) a significant and real injury. Rodgers jogged off the field.. are you going to say he 'gave up' on the team?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree about Wallace not quitting..

If MM is willing to name Scott the starter NOW, Wallace's injury has to be pretty bad...

So to call him weak for not playing, should be held till we know entire situation

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen guys play thru broken feet before. Aaron Rodgers before he was our starter played a game against NE when we got killed and Favre got hurt, suffered but played thru a broken something (2006 I think).

Donovan McNabb played, and won with 4 or 5 TDs, in a game with the Eagles long ago on a broken foot.

For Wallace to get this chance, and tweak a groin, and leave the game? That's soft as hell. Unless it was torn off the bone, and if it was, he must have been shot up with the strongest pain-killers known to mankind because he kept throwing on the sideline.

Was a broken ankle for Mcnabb, but still a test to how tough he is..

I think times back then, players might have been more open to getting shots to ease the pain..Now I think teams try to avoid that,..

I never broke an ankle so can't comment on it..

I dont know how bad Wallace's groin injury is..I pulled mine and it didnt hurt just standing around..But ANY movement with that leg, it is extreme pain...Even to the point you can't move that leg...It is almost like someone is holding the leg so it wont move.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a broken ankle for Mcnabb, but still a test to how tough he is..

I dont know how bad Wallace's groin injury is..I pulled mine and it didnt hurt just standing around..But ANY movement with that leg, it is extreme pain...Even to the point you can't move that leg...It is almost like someone is holding the leg so it wont move.
I pulled a groin a long time ago, as a teenager. It bothered me, hindered me, for a long time, like month or two.

As much as I hate Farve, you guys think Farve would have not kept playing with a pulled groing?

On November 19, 2006, in his second season, Rodgers broke his left foot while playing against the New England Patriots in a 0-35 defeat at home, filling in for an injured Brett Favre. The injury to Rodgers happened in one of his first series, but he played the remainder of the game.
Rodgers missed the remainder of the 2006 season after that game.

Again, I will apologize if it's revealed as fact that Wallace tore the thing completely.
Until then, he looked fine enough to play, and nothing happened to his arm, shoulder, etc.

Maybe there's a reason nobody else signed him this off-season or last year all year.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You've obviously never had a groin pull. Did you walk a mile in his shoes today? Didn't think so! Fact is you have no damn clue as to how much pain he may have been having. Wallace was PUMPED UP for this game. If he could have played he would have!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pulled a groin a long time ago, as a teenager. It bothered me, hindered me, for a long time, like month or two.
Then it's safe to say yours was VERY mild. In case you weren't aware most guys with groin pulls miss several weeks. Apparently none of those players are the physical marvel that you are. They're all sissies according to you. Your unending judgmentality wears thin.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

As much as I hate Farve, you guys think Farve would have not kept playing with a pulled groing?

On November 19, 2006, in his second season, Rodgers broke his left foot while playing against the New England Patriots in a 0-35 defeat at home, filling in for an injured Brett Favre. The injury to Rodgers happened in one of his first series, but he played the remainder of the game.
Rodgers missed the remainder of the 2006 season after that game.

Again, I will apologize if it's revealed as fact that Wallace tore the thing completely.
Until then, he looked fine enough to play, and nothing happened to his arm, shoulder, etc.

Maybe there's a reason nobody else signed him this off-season or last year all year.

Favre would have played, because I think injuries are looked at a lot different now.

I just think hold off until you know entire injury issue before calling him soft..thats a knee jerk reaction

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then it's safe to say yours was VERY mild. In case you weren't aware most guys with groin pulls miss several weeks. Apparently none of those players are the physical marvel that you are. They're all sissies according to you. Your unending judgmentality wears thin.
OK mister perfect. Then I guess you 100% blame Mark Lovat, the CONDITIONING coach. I'm fine with that.

But I still think Wallace showed his true colors today, and showed why nobody else signed Seneca this off-season, or last year totally. He's soft.
Look, some guys ARE.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK mister perfect. Then I guess you 100% blame Mark Lovat, the CONDITIONING coach. I'm fine with that.
Um, no... But if you want to pretend that's the case go right ahead.

But I still think Wallace showed his true colors today, and showed why nobody else signed Seneca this off-season, or last year totally. He's soft.
Look, some guys ARE.
I'm pretty sure it had more to do with him not being very good.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I've been saying for years that without AR, TT and MM are flipping burgers. TT's backers always pointed to Flynn's 75 minutes of fame as proof that I was wrong. I really hope that they were right.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Silly subject for a thread IMO and it's silly for anyone to pretend to know how badly Wallace is hurt.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. No salary can adequately represent what Rodgers is worth. He makes the entire team better (in football terms) and is worth 9 points alone (in Vegas terms). The drop off between Rodgers and anybody else is immense.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silly subject for a thread IMO and it's silly for anyone to pretend to know how badly Wallace is hurt.
Do you ever know?
Do you ever "feel" what they feel?
No you don't.

You can trust your eyes, trust your ears (what they tell us), and make your own judgment.

Again, there's soft and there's tough.
I think we all would agree that guys like Nitchke, Butkus, Favre, Ronnie Lott were tough.

Who's soft?

You might not want to label anyone as that since you don't know.
But there's a lot of things you don't know, but you guess or you hypothesize.

Wallace was no iron man out there today.
If he's put on IR this week, perhaps I am proven wrong.
But I wouldn't put it past McCarthy to do that anyway at this point if he believes in Tolzien that much, as it sounds like he wants to..... but we'd still need another QB and that might be where Flynn, or BJ Coleman, or Vince Young would come in because it would have to be a guy who knows the system recently.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the heck do you think you are calling people soft when you don't know squat? Sitting on your comfy couch typing rage into a computer is soft too. You don't know anything about Wallace's injury, or what he tried to do, could do, couldn't do, etc. This is probably the lamest rant I've ever read on this forum.

Why don't you go strap on a helmet for GB so we can rip you apart...or are you giving up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts