1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Rodgers Said What?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Well said once again Tripp!!!

2. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was an AMAZING AMAZING post Tripp!

3. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    yeah, ev ery once in a while, us old codgers get out of the barcalounger, set down the bedpan, lean over and type.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tripp, it isn't as if Rodgers has yet to do anything to command respect:

1) He finished a game on a broken foot. Regardless of A-Rod yelling at his linemen, a QB dropping back and throwing passes on a broken foot is hella tough.

2) Rodgers has attended the off-season QB school that Coach McCarthy runs for three consecutive off-seasons. It isn't as if doing so was mandatory, Rodgers has shown that he is willing to put the time in to become a better player.

3) After the Dallas game, you have to give credit to Aaron for being prepared. I'm not sure if Aaron has ever said "I go into every game as if I'm the starter" but if he did, it would be tough to say he doesn't after the solid job Rodgers coming in the Cowboys game.

4) You expect your QB to be a leader. So what does Aaron do? He invites various team members over to his house each week in an effort to improve team chemistry.

5) Aaron insists that during this layoff between the OTAs and training camp, he will get together with James Jones, Brett Swain, and Greg Jennings so he can get (even more) familiar with his WRs. Aaron also said that Ruvell will workout on his own somewhere else, and suggests he'll go down and meet with Ruvell also.

It isn't as if Aaron has done nothing to command respect. He is taking over a 14-4 team, and he sure as hell isn't relaxing. He's got a right, IMO, to tell fans to either jump on board or keep quiet. Was he a little more blunt than necessary? Probably. But after an endless summer of everyone asking him about Brett this or Brett that, I'd be a little aggressive in telling fans I'm not Brett, so either realize that and get ready to support me, or shut-up and stay away from calling yourself a "Packer" fan.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I understand your point of view Tripp, but Aaron Rodgers is only human. He has been hearing the same unfounded criticism for years. With the way he has been badgered by media, whose only motive is to make him say something news-worthy, you've got to expect it.

Do you have kids? It's like when you're driving somewhere and they're in the back screaming, "Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!" How many times do they have to scream, "Are we there yet?!" before you tell them to shut up? I think Rodgers held up to the scrutiny and "kept his mouth shut" about as well as can be expected, and I certainly think he's been able to keep his mouth shut longer than #4 would have been able to.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

yeah thats all good and reasonable aadp.... but he isn't Favre so good luck trying to persuade em.

*edited for too much uncalled for douchbaggery, sorry

7. dd80forever

dd80forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yep because I want the better QB as the QB of my team.....that means I'm a Favre Firster I guess. Come to think of it I'd rather have Brady, Manning, or a dozen or so other guys as the QB of this team so I must be a Manning Firster, Brady Firster Etc.

Give it up dude

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You smell familiar to me.

9. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The Enemy is at the Gate once again :D

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Listen to this interview again

Rodgers on Rome is Buring

Makes you wonder WHY he said he was 100% CERTAIN Brett was not going to be a Packer again..

Could it be he knew something

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

11. pigeo000

pigeo000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at the first five games of the packers season and the front 7 he will face, as an immobile quarterback i would expect him to get beat up quite a bit. Id say the chances for a quarterback who hasn't started a game going up against those 5 teams, expect to have him beat up, hurt, or pulled.

12. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

what? Aaron Rodgers is immobile? yeah the Tampa Bay Bucs and Atlanta Falcons front 7 really makes me dribble on myself. Nevermind... if you can't remember your password how can I expect you to make rational statements.

P.S. your password is probably Favresballs... you just didn't capitalize the F.

13. pigeo000

pigeo000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Three of the teams were in the top ten for sacks. If the packers have so much faith in Rodgers then why were they looking at bringing Cullpepper into training camp?

14. johnny_blood

johnny_blood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, good lord, you can't be serious.

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    yikes.

16. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Cpep was a pre-draft option, I don't think the Packers intended to draft 2 QB's in the same draft.. once the draft was over, I think the Pack took a large sigh that CPeps ego got in the way.

I don't think the Packers thought Brohm would be there in the second round for them.. they avoided the PR nightmare of taking a QB with their first overall pick.. but he was too good to pass up later in the 2nd.. IMO.

So there is no illusion that the Packers are worried about Rodgers, it is simply a safety measure pre draft.. If the Packer was really worried about Rodgers.. I guarantee that a couple other FA signal callers would have cycled through GB already getting a workout..

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

not to mention that if the Packers were worried about Rodgers... Brett Favre would already be in Green Bay preparing for the season. Cpep was never gonna be the starter here and thats why he didnt take the gig.

18. pigeo000

pigeo000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    personally i dont think they want to pay him 11 million this year

19. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

still with the tightwad ted comments??? even though management has built a 14-4 team with so much cap space that we could sign 2 Brett Favres and not be hurt. really?

might be time to pack it up kid.

20. pigeo000

pigeo000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0