Aaron Rodgers respects rookie hazing

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is a line with Hazing, but this is no where near it...what kind of team mate does he show himself to be? Its not only a slap to Williams, who will lose his starting position to Bryant, but also shows this guy is not a team player.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't make too much of a big deal about this. I mean there has to have been some rookie out there who didn't want to do all these childish endeavors. The fact that Bryant's a 1st round pick and already garnered enough media attention in the past, makes it all the more publicized that he's a diva.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Rodgers and I have no love for Bryant but Dez is right. Rookie hazing and other stuff like this is sophmoric and has no place is professional football. Leave this kind of behavior in college.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ravens want rooks to carry helmets or pads, stepping back in dinner line for vets and etc..

I think this stuff is ok shows respect for those that been there a while.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't make too much of a big deal about this. I mean there has to have been some rookie out there who didn't want to do all these childish endeavors. The fact that Bryant's a 1st round pick and already garnered enough media attention in the past, makes it all the more publicized that he's a diva.

That and also that he's with the Cowboys. Which get ridiculous amounts of publicity for pretty much anything and everything :/

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a normal job, you don't (shouldn't) witness this kind of behavior.

But professional football IS NOT a normal job. In no other job a recent hired professional with no experience whatsoever in the market gets a starting salary that tops the veterans. In no other job if you get injuried and your contract is coming up, you get releases/not signed.

So let's not confuse pro football with any other job. The values are more of the military than of a civilian environment.
Like Wolvi said, there's a line in hazing, but that was nowhere near it.

Of course, the Cowboys could've been more dilligent and have made Dez carry Miles Austin's pads instead of Roy williams...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course Arod respects rookie hazing, he went through it more than anyone from the fans to the media to the players and it lasted for several seasons as he was viewed as a rookie until after his first season by most. Rodgers has earned his keep and other players should. Dez will just end up picking up a tab thats double what it should be for rookies in a couple weeks.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
of course Arod respects rookie hazing, he went through it more than anyone from the fans to the media to the players and it lasted for several seasons as he was viewed as a rookie until after his first season by most. Rodgers has earned his keep and other players should.

THIS, aRod has been through Hell getting to the point where he is now, and it has made him a better person. Even when Favre left they couldn't say much about aRod because he was too quiet and kept to himself with the belief he can make himself better if he endured. Also rookies usually have an inflated ego at first and need to be shown that its not their team just because the media hypes it.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS, aRod has been through Hell getting to the point where he is now, and it has made him a better person. Even when Favre left they couldn't say much about aRod because he was too quiet and kept to himself with the belief he can make himself better if he endured. Also rookies usually have an inflated ego at first and need to be shown that its not their team just because the media hypes it.

That's true, I don't think there's another player that has gone through so much crap from the media than Aaron Rodgers. I think he's till going through all that adversity and will continue to do so for the entirety of his career. I doubt something as little as rookie hazing will compare to the BS Rodgers will have to go through if he doesn't deliver championship rings soon. Luckily for us he has the talent to prove all the haters wrong.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is proof that we should have an NFL season that starts in June and ends in Jan/Feb.
Then the media will have important things to discuss, such as the games themselves and not these none issues just to fill in the gaps between seasons.
(Of course I'm kidding. Must have been a slow news day. A verrrrrrry sloooooow news day.)

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is proof that we should have an NFL season that starts in June and ends in Jan/Feb.
Then the media will have important things to discuss, such as the games themselves and not these none issues just to fill in the gaps between seasons.
(Of course I'm kidding. Must have been a slow news day. A verrrrrrry sloooooow news day.)

Ha ha I almost believed you there for a while. As much as I'd like a year round NFL season, there's a slim chance of it ever happening. Everyone needs a vacation to rest up and NFL athletes are no exception. Plus an offseason keeps the hype up for each and every season. Too many games can actually make the game a little played out.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said he just wants to play football, but honestly sounds kind of like a baby to me. It isn't like they are telling him to break store windows or eat only peanut butter for a week or something. I'm pretty sure he is the first person I have heard of saying he does not want to do the "rookie hazing". This is a red flag IMHO, but then again Jerry Jones does a wonderful job of ignoring the obvious.

Just carry the damn pads, kid. Everyone else did it now it is your turn. Deal with it. WHAT! I can't wait for is when he is pissing and moaning when some snot nosed punk rookie comes in in 4 years and he refuses to carry Bryant's pads. Now that will be a story worth reading!

I'll bet now that Bryant will be telling players to carry their ish sooner than later.

Reaction score
Things are gonna be worse for Dez. This is one of the easiest tasks that they ask for in the "hazing". I wouldn't be surprised if they tie him to the pole, shave his head, etc. If you have played sports you understand all this. Any one who hasn't will say it is childish.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts