Aaron Rodgers rated #6 on NFL Networks Top 100

D

Deleted member 6794

D

Deleted member 6794

Wouldn't say I'm upset but it's just so ridiculous I can't believe it.

I believe that quarterbacks are undervalued on lists like that although it's pretty obvious having an elite player at the position presents the easiest path to end up with a winning record as well as a chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

FWIW PFF had Rodgers ranked at #5 on their list entering the 2017 season behind three non-QBs.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I believe that quarterbacks are undervalued on lists like that although it's pretty obvious having an elite player at the position presents the easiest path to end up with a winning record as well as a chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

FWIW PFF had Rodgers ranked at #5 on their list entering the 2017 season behind three non-QBs.

Well NFL network can spew there crap all they want. I'm gonna enjoy another season watching the "best ever".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe I am a bit biased, but I look at that list and about the only guy I see other than Rodgers that a team absolutely would fail without, is Tom Brady and even the Patriots seemed to survive without the mighty Brady. Packers go from a 10-6 team to maybe a 3-13 team without #12.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe I am a bit biased, but I look at that list and about the only guy I see other than Rodgers that a team absolutely would fail without, is Tom Brady and even the Patriots seemed to survive without the mighty Brady. Packers go from a 10-6 team to maybe a 3-13 team without #12.

This list isn't about voting the most valuable player though.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Probably our losses early in season made him drop couple of spots.

Who cares. 40 TD passes and the all time passing rating leader to go with it. OBJ choked in the playoffs and gets New York hype. Bell can't stay healthy. Is Vaughan Miller or Kahlil Mack = Lawrence Taylor type impact? Maybe Miller but he shouldn't be #2 overall. Then you got Antonio Brown ahead of Rodgers?

The list is a joke.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who cares. 40 TD passes and the all time passing rating leader to go with it.

The list isn't about career achievements though. While Rodgers probably is the most talented player in the league there were other quarteebacks peeforming on a higher level last season.

OP
OP
brandon2348

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The list isn't about career achievements though. While Rodgers probably is the most talented player in the league there were other quarteebacks peeforming on a higher level last season.

Not in my book there wasn't. Ryan had massive weapons around him which I can kind of go along with Julio Jones at #3. The rest of it they got wrong. I think the Patriots are the best team in the league but that doesn't mean Brady is the best player in the league.

Rodgers was playing at the highest level of his career IMO the last half of season and into playoffs. Plus he didn't have the weapons Ryan did and he didn't have the overall strength of team the Patriots had. I saw Rodgers do things last season that awed me and that is after watching him his whole career.

Further I believe the whole list is prioritized wrong. I don't see how Miller or Mack as "edge rushers" can be ahead of Rodgers or Ryan for that matter. Antonio Brown is a nice receiver but he doesn't impact a game as much as Rodgers or Ryan either. NFL network got it wrong and should be embarrassed by this list.

#FAKENEWS

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
based on his 2016 season THE PLAYERS voted him as the 6th best player last season. i've no problem with that. nothing to get upset about. if he has a great year this year and out performs all the other players THIS season the PLAYERS may vote him #1 next year. this isn't based on a player's career. it's based on how he played in one year and it's voted by the players. has nothing to do with nfl network.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not in my book there wasn't. Ryan had massive weapons around him which I can kind of go along with Julio Jones at #3. The rest of it they got wrong. I think the Patriots are the best team in the league but that doesn't mean Brady is the best player in the league.

Rodgers was playing at the highest level of his career IMO the last half of season and into playoffs. Plus he didn't have the weapons Ryan did and he didn't have the overall strength of team the Patriots had. I saw Rodgers do things last season that awed me and that is after watching him his whole career.

Further I believe the whole list is prioritized wrong. I don't see how Miller or Mack as "edge rushers" can be ahead of Rodgers or Ryan for that matter. Antonio Brown is a nice receiver but he doesn't impact a game as much as Rodgers or Ryan either. NFL network got it wrong and should be embarrassed by this list.

#FAKENEWS

As I've mentioned before it's true that the list is wrongly prioritized but there's no doubt Ryan and Brady had better seasons than Rodgers in 2016 as the Packers quarterback struggled early in the season.

based on his 2016 season THE PLAYERS voted him as the 6th best player last season. i've no problem with that. nothing to get upset about. if he has a great year this year and out performs all the other players THIS season the PLAYERS may vote him #1 next year. this isn't based on a player's career. it's based on how he played in one year and it's voted by the players. has nothing to do with nfl network.

Actually the list is based based on the players projected performance for the next NFL season.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares man, this list is a joke. Several players have even said so.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Patriots are the best team in the league but that doesn't mean Brady is the best player in the league.

Bardy's QBR was 112.2 compared to Rodgers 104.2.

Rodgers was playing at the highest level of his career IMO the last half of season and into playoffs.

Don't really think you can pick and choose which part of the season to rate. I agree with your point, but as I said when taken overall with his lacklustre start it averages out causing the drop.

Ryan had massive weapons around him which I can kind of go along with Julio Jones at #3.

Plus he didn't have the weapons Ryan did and he didn't have the overall strength of team the Patriots had.

We only have ourselves to blame for that.

I tend to agree with your overall point about shittiness of NFL lists (esp Ryan at #10 as you point out in OP), but in this case I can't justify Rodgers being in Top 3 performers of last season. Don't really have an opinion if #6 is right for him. I'd have put him at #4 (or maybe even at #5) but that's always debatable.

#1 Ryan
#2 Brady
#3 Dak
#4 Rodgers
#5 Zeke

D

Deleted member 6794

Even more reason to have Rodgers no.1 with the additions of Bennett and Kendricks.

Once again, I agree Rodgers is the most talented player in the league. I'm not gonna get worked up over a list ranking him lower than that though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You must not think very highly of Bret Hundley.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any angst about the ranking. Rodgers wasn't exactly a top 10 player through the first 10 games last season. He did have a great run through the last part of the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You must not think very highly of Bret Hundley.

Hard to get too pumped up about a guy that is 2 for 10 for 17 yards and 1 interception and 1 fumble in his career in regular season games.

Does Hundley have potential? Sure, but I wouldn't expect him to come in and be able to come close to what AR does, who in my mind is the biggest reason for the Packers winning record over the last 9 seasons. Unless the defense improves dramatically and Hundley has instant chemistry and ability on offense, I'm afraid a 3-13 record under Hundley isn't that unrealistic. He would definitely get better with more reps, but to expect him to come right in and win with this team isn't realistic.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to get too pumped up about a guy that is 2 for 10 for 17 yards and 1 interception and 1 fumble in his career in regular season games.

Does Hundley have potential? Sure, but I wouldn't expect him to come in and be able to come close to what AR does, who in my mind is the biggest reason for the Packers winning record over the last 9 seasons. Unless the defense improves dramatically and Hundley has instant chemistry and ability on offense, I'm afraid a 3-13 record under Hundley isn't that unrealistic. He would definitely get better with more reps, but to expect him to come right in and win with this team isn't realistic.
/Sarcasm=on/
How can he fail? According to posts on this board he has the top ranked WR corps, potentially 4 of the best RB by committee members, top flight TEs and the best pass blocking OL in the league. Along with an offensive play calling guru. Seems to me that#12 is the over rated one.
/Sarcasm=off/

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
/Sarcasm=on/
How can he fail? According to posts on this board he has the top ranked WR corps, potentially 4 of the best RB by committee members, top flight TEs and the best pass blocking OL in the league. Along with an offensive play calling guru. Seems to me that#12 is the over rated one.
/Sarcasm=off/

I agree....with the sarcasm ;)

All one really has to do is look at who the Packers were last year when #12 was struggling. Now imagine Hundley behind center, playing against actual NFL caliber defenses. Yeah, I like Hundley's potential and maybe a full preseason of work will have him better prepared to be an NFL QB, but anytime AR seemed to be shaken up last season, I doubt there were very many Packer fans not mumbling "there goes the season".

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers played 3 or 4 games last season that did not qualify him for the top 300. Late in the season he did perform as the #1 overall, but you have to look at all the games. Ranked 6th is generous.

I hope he takes it as a slight and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Seems he is at his best when he feels disrespected.

Members online

Latest posts