Aaron Rodgers Picked Up Enemy’s Restaurant Check in Chicago

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is generous, albeit not exactly on the same level as Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant.

But unlike Bryant, Rodgers' gesture had nothing to do with failing to carry pads during training camp.

One day before Bryant picked up a tab for his teammates in excess of $54,000 according to ESPNDallas.com, Rodgers ran into Chicago Bears players Pisa Tinoisamoa, Nick Roach and Desmond Clark at a restaurant on the eve of their Monday night matchup.

"First of all, Dez Clark invites us all to dinner, and he didn't call in a reservation, so we're sitting down in front waiting for a table and in walks Aaron Rodgers and his family," Tinoisamoa said Tuesday on ESPN 1000's "Football Night in Chicago." "So I see the [restaurant] guy helping out Aaron Rodgers [to get a table], and I'm like 'This can't be happening.'

"So I walk over, interrupt, and say 'You're not going to sit a Packer down before you sit a Bear down, are you?' The guy was like, of course not, what do you mean...oh, you're Bears player, OK."

Tinoisamoa, Clark and Roach proceeded to exchange pleasantries with Rodgers, before the two parties went their separate ways. The encounter with the rival quarterback faded into the backdrop, until it came time to settle up the tab.

"Dez actually had two other buddies with him and Nick had his girlfriend meet us up, so we're eating good and not thinking about it," Tinoisamoa said. "It was a cool little experience. We met Aaron Rodgers, OK. But then we go to pay for the bill and they said the Packers [Rodgers] picked it up, so there you go."

Rodgers makes good on restaurant's slight - Chicago Bears Blog - ESPN Chicago

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

He proving all the Brett fans wrong, they think he is all about himself and doesnt care about others

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

He proving all the Brett fans wrong, they think he is all about himself and doesnt care about others

Those fans must be so delusional, because honestly Rodgers is a class act. Now I can forgive him acting nicely to the Bears players, especially before the game. After the game, would just seem odd.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say, if this was after the game. WTF, but I guess it makes sense before. Rodgers seems like a pretty friendly guy. Of course Rodgers should be seated first over the bears players that nobody even recognized.

I'd like to see Cutler pay for the dinner of Packers players before a game. Why do I think it would NEVER cross his mind.

So much for the rivalry. The fans seem to keep it alive (spitting on Collins etc..), but the players seem kind of ambivalent about it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's almost NO rivalry between the current bears players and Packers players. There's more rivalry between the Lions and us.

But the real rivalry, hate even, is between MN and us. Even before Favre, players simply didn't like each other.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, i read an article (probably from here lol) that said Harris sacked Rodgers last year and almost hurt him but let go because he and Rodgers have gotten to know each other off the field. Its also evident during the game, when Rodgers was scrambling he'd always get the ball of then joke around and smile with the 500lb muscle linebacker chasing him.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yeah, i read an article (probably from here lol) that said Harris sacked Rodgers last year and almost hurt him but let go because he and Rodgers have gotten to know each other off the field. Its also evident during the game, when Rodgers was scrambling he'd always get the ball of then joke around and smile with the 500lb muscle linebacker chasing him.
I remember this article. It gave me a lot of respect for Harris, most defensive lineman would jump at the chance to injure a rival division QB. Then again, most division QB's don't make friends with opposing linemen haha.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod is friends with opposing QBs too. Isn't he?
Such a sweet and really nice guy.
More than that Bears dude who thought he should be seated first just because he's on the Bears.
He could learn a lot from A-Rods generous gesture.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts