Aaron Rodgers may appear on Saturday Night Live

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers could be back on NBC before Sunday Night Football starts up again. Rodgers told Jason Wilde on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show (via the Green Bay Press-Gazette) Tuesday that he got some “feelers” about appearing on Saturday Night Live and spoke with some cast members over the weekend. He hopes something can be…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would be awesome on there. His dry/smart *** sense of humor would translate well to the show. I want him to do weekend update though...screw that other guy that does it. Rodgers would be perfect for it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have mixed feeling about this.
Let's face it. SNL has just downright sucked these last few years. They should quit while they are behind.
I have doubts that even Aaron could make one show be good, but hopefully he could pull it off.
Yeah, I would tune in of course but if it starts to be unfunny I would have no problem leaving or turning it off.
Aw, who am I kidding? I'd probably end up watching the whole damn thing hoping not to miss if there is a big laugh coming later on.

Too bad there isn't a better comedy/variety/skit show he could appear on instead.
I miss Carol Burnett.
We need shows and talent like hers back. Not all this reality show crap.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have mixed feeling about this.
Let's face it. SNL has just downright sucked these last few years. They should quit while they are behind.
I have doubts that even Aaron could make one show be good, but hopefully he could pull it off.
Yeah, I would tune in of course but if it starts to be unfunny I would have no problem leaving or turning it off.
Aw, who am I kidding? I'd probably end up watching the whole damn thing hoping not to miss if there is a big laugh coming later on.

Too bad there isn't a better comedy/variety/skit show he could appear on instead.
I miss Carol Burnett.
We need shows and talent like hers back. Not all this reality show crap.

I wonder how serious this is.

He said he bumped into a few cast members (who don't really have any pull), and he didn't really specify if he would host or just make a drop-in cameo.

I say that because in SNL's 37-year history only 4 quarterbacks have hosted the show (Joe Montana with co-host Walter Payton in 1986, Peyton Manning in 2007, Fran Tarkenton in 1977 and Tom Brady in 2004.)

Brady and Peyton hosted after Super Bowl victories.

The logical choice would be to have Eli host after becoming the toast of New York yet again.

To me, it seems like a longshot or wishful thinking because Aaron talked about wanting to host SNL on his previous podcast.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say that because in SNL's 37-year history only 4 quarterbacks have hosted the show (Joe Montana with co-host Walter Payton in 1986, Peyton Manning in 2007, Fran Tarkenton in 1977 and Tom Brady in 2004.)
Reminds me of these classic bits they did.
I would love to see the Joe Montana Sincere Guy Stu again.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/571988-the-top-10-funniest-athlete-sketches-of-all-time/page/2
Transcript:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86istu.phtml

Peyton Manning for United Way.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-united-way

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The United Way skit was hilarious! As far as SNL sports moments it ranks up there with John Bulushi's "Little Chocoalte Donuts" commercial

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As fun as it may be, I would rather have the whole team including Rodgers think about how they can get back to the Super Bowl and get their first/second rings. The playoffs were just inexcusable. Most devastating loss ever save for XXXII.

Yes, the players and staff are all real people and need to have fun and relax. I get that. I know they need to blow off some steam and I would hope they do so that they can return to the 2012 season fresh, eager, and excited. SNL though? I don't know...there is just something about a Packer being a celebrity out side of football that just doesn't sit well with me. Makes me feel like maybe football isn't coming first (after family and health ofcourse.) and there minds are on other things..like their next endorsement. Call me crazy I guess.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As fun as it may be, I would rather have the whole team including Rodgers think about how they can get back to the Super Bowl and get their first/second rings. The playoffs were just inexcusable. Most devastating loss ever save for XXXII.

Yes, the players and staff are all real people and need to have fun and relax. I get that. I know they need to blow off some steam and I would hope they do so that they can return to the 2012 season fresh, eager, and excited. SNL though? I don't know...there is just something about a Packer being a celebrity out side of football that just doesn't sit well with me. Makes me feel like maybe football isn't coming first (after family and health ofcourse.) and there minds are on other things..like their next endorsement. Call me crazy I guess.
OK
You asked for it.
Your crazy.

It's the off-season.
They will be fine and ready in September.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished watching some of Peytons old commercials. Saw a couple I hadn't seen but for the most part they were preety good. Looking forward to more commercials from Rodgers & the guys. Also looking forward to Rodgers being on SNL. Can't PASS that up.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your crazy (You said to call u crazy,better a smart *** then a dumb ***)lol.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
She's got nothing GBG, but it might be awesome as RCC put it...

BTW GBG, can you see me in Real California's photo? Kind of like Where's Waldo?
YES!!!! I found you. just below the blue tent with your back to the camera. Yellow hat, 44 jersey. Boooyha! I sure wish I had had more time to spend with you guys. Maybe at the Lambeau Field tail gate extravagansa for NFC Championship in 2013. Book your flight early. :)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I suppose I am crazy. I just really was hoping for repeat championships. I'm sure the sting will wear off soon.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks ff. My favorite is the hotel commercial. "Take a hike".
I know, right?
And when the bell boy says "Your going down."
I can just hear and see Payton respond with "On you? You bet." Drops to knees.
And the other one with the fruit basket: "Don't choke on it."
Peyton: "I don't think so. I've seen bigger."
Maid: "Take a hike."
Peyton: "No problem. Your'e not really my type anyway."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts