Aaron Rodgers is really, really good.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This seems like an obvious observation, and it is. But after watching the Super Bowl DVD, good ******** is Aaron Rodgers good. I've seen all those plays before and some of them still had me in awe.

I mean, just look at some of these throws...

Standouts:
-Jones against Buffalo
-Driver in the first Detroit game
-Finley in that same game (maybe the best throw of the year)
-Jennings against Miami
-Quarless in the first Minny game (even though it shouldn't have counted)
-First one to Jennings in the second Minny game
-Third one to Jennings in that same game
-Game tying throw to Jordy late in the Atlanta game
-Driver against San Fran, but not because of Rodgers
-Jones against Philly. Not for the throw, but the mobility
-TD run against Atlanta
-And of course, all 3 in the Super Bowl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP660Wm177w]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers' 2010 Touchdowns[/ame]

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please correct me on this or inform me if Aaron did this:
Didn't he make a completion this year while running and throwing across his body in a game?
You know. The one BrINT failed on at New Awlins in the 2010 NFCCG?
Only in this one A-rod completed the pass to a Packer!?
I could have sworn he did that in a game this season.

I am impressed by A-Rod's balls on accuracy.
That boy can thread a needle with the football from 30 yards out.
We are so, so, so F'in lucky to have him.
And I am so glad that this season he not only is away from Burnt Fail's shadow but he is now at elite status!

Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every time a player spiked the ball after a touchdown, I would have a ton of money. I believe Rodgers is better than Manning and maybe Brady just based on his pocket mobility.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure is inspiring watching replays of Aaron's throws in slo-mo with the perfect spriral and pin point accuracy, on the numbers.

I was just thinking yesterday we are sure fortunate to have a QB now, that doesn't throw away and lose playoff games with ill timed INT's. Rodgers threads the needle as good or better than anybody with much finesse.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is a much better QB than our previous guy, Lynn ****ey. ****ey had a great arm, mind you, but he didn't have the maneuverability or the decision making.

Okay. Can we end comparisons to previous GB QBs now? Isn't fair to AR. He is an elite QB in his own right and if he continues, could be mentioned with the all time greats by the time he is done.

Great job AR! Very happy to have you on the team!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
What a great compilation! It is just good old fashioned fun to watch someone who excels at his craft and there are none better than AR. I had to watch the video twice and have bookmarked it to watch again (and again ...). Sometimes the slo-mo is necessary just to believe he actually did what he did.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Please correct me on this or inform me if Aaron did this:
Didn't he make a completion this year while running and throwing across his body in a game?
You know. The one BrINT failed on at New Awlins in the 2010 NFCCG?
Only in this one A-rod completed the pass to a Packer!?
I could have sworn he did that in a game this season.
!

Pretty sure I saw him do that in the Atlanta playoff game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
An impressive resume for sure. It makes me super confident in the Packers future, with him leading the charge. :)

Thanks for compiling the list! I looked at each one of them and my smile just got bigger and bigger as I went down the list!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I had forgotton about Driver's amazing TD run (during the game with the throw-back jerseys) where he broke several tackles, including a guy riding on his back.

Don't tell me Driver doesn't have anything left in his tank!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for this Jess.

BTW, 3 TDs just weren't there. The 4th down to Nelson in Atlanta, the TD to Finley, and the first TD to Jennings in the SB, those throws couldn't have been made. They just couldn't. I have no idea how the hell he did it, but they were impossible. I can only think of Favre in his prime as a guy who could've made those throws.

Marino, Montana, Elway, Starr, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Roethlisberger, those guys could not make those throws. The window was just too short, speaking in Madden's terms, it was required 99 of arm strenght AND accuracy to make it, and the ball had to be released in the absolute perfect time, not a fraction of a second early or late.

THAT'S how good Aaron Rodgers is.
He's Brett Favre's ability in his prime, but without the gunslinging tendencies, and with Young's mobility. He's the young Elway's talent with the old Elway's accomplishments and awareness of the game.

Looking at those throws, looking at all the games and the stats and the accomplishments so far in his young career, I don't think a lot of people understand the magnitude of what's happening.

And, yes, I do have Aaron's balls in my mouth right now, I realize that, but I don't care. I'm not gonna elevate him to diva status as a lot did with Favre, in this very season he had an awful stretch of games, specially Miami and Washington. But I stand by every word.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had forgotton about Driver's amazing TD run (during the game with the throw-back jerseys) where he broke several tackles, including a guy riding on his back.

Don't tell me Driver doesn't have anything left in his tank!
Not to stray from the topic, but comparing to Driver's last season, where he had a plethora of one handed amazing catches and had a 1000 season, the decline is obvious.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
The players are human and, clearly all make some bad plays. But, at the end of the day, they were able to pull it all together and win the friggin' SUPER BOWL!!! Really amazing plays far outweigh the bad. So, not just Aaron Rodgers, but the GREEN BAY PACKERS are REALLY, REALLY GOOD!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ENJOY, here are some cool Rodgers videos I think we may not have seen before, from Packers Insider - Packer Fan Headquarters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsjTpS0XNc&feature=related]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers: From Youth to Super Bowl Champion[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4wX4rQ0bo&feature=related]YouTube - Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers in QB Competition[/ame]

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GREEN BAY, WI—NFL experts said Friday that Aaron Rodgers, who since winning the Super Bowl has been likened to his predecessor Brett Favre and 49ers great Steve Young, will spend the rest of the offseason being compared to everything from other football players to inanimate objects and abstract concepts. "His accuracy reminds some of Peyton Manning, his easygoing masculinity is reminiscent of Steve McQueen, and his reliability and durability make you think of the Honda Civic family sedan," Peter King wrote in the Feb. 14 issue of Sports Illustrated, which also featured articles comparing Rodgers to Derek Jeter, Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater mansion, the blue-eyed soul music of the 1960s, Barbaro, and Microsoft. "Of course, it's too early in his career to compare him to Jordan in terms of either the basketball player or the Middle Eastern nation." Rodgers has not commented on any of the early comparisons, although he consented to an interview for an upcoming ESPN piece that will compare him to Super Bowl–winning Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Aaron Rodgers To Spend Offseason Being Compared To Things | The Onion Sports Network

Members online

Latest posts