Aaron Rodgers' Facial Hair

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by my theory of Aaron's facial hair's size and hilarity being directly proportional to the success of the packers as a whole. I'm sure ive made this point on here before, but for those who havent heard my 'proof':

2009 preseason - big beard - 4-0
Shaves before the season starts
2009 starts 4-4, injured arm.
8 weeks in, his season beard starts to get bushy again from not shaving
2009 Finish the season 7-1
Shaves before the playoffs
Lose to cards.

Flash forward to 2010.
Insane muttonchops and fumanchus
preseason 2-2 but the 1st team offense looks like it will steamroll people.
shaves it off before the season.
2010 so far 3-3 piles of injuries.

Someone needs to break into Aaron's house and steal all of his razors. Or at least tell him to let it grow! The season depends on it!

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stats!!

My wife and I love his 70's **** 'stache. Very Reno 911. It's nice to see he doesn't take things too seriously. :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He's gotta bring the mustache back.

Easily his best look. DB's could never read his eyes because they'd see the stache and fall down laughing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he said he did it to draw attention away from the favre thing and to lighten up the team as they were really tense. Pretty good idea

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea i was thinking maybe its a self fulfilling kind of thing...more beard means hes less tense and having fun, thereby playing better...

in any case i want the mutton chops back

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Actually when I saw that A-Rod shaved for the game versus MIami I felt like we would lose just by seeing that. I shaved face on Aaron means a tough and close game.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ****-star 'stache was by far the best ever. I think the entire team should grow them as a sign of unity.

Edit: Including the entire coaching staff, as well as Ted Thompson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said in an interview that the players started doing this in preseason in a way to shift the talk from all the Favre drama in 08, and it kind of turned into a tradition.

Rodgers' favorite is the "friendly mutton chops".

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the beard thing goes hand in hand with him having a good time out there. Pre season he lets it flow, he's just having fun while playing football and he shreds defenses. Then, season starts and he shaves it and he takes everything too seriously and tries to do too much. The kid juts needs to have some fun and play to his abilities.

The thing a lot of people who aren't Packers fans don't get is, we know how good Rodgers is capable of being. Everyone knows he's a good qb, and everyone has seen him play and seen what he has done this far to rate him as highly as they do ("definitely top 5, arguably one of the best in the league, etc etc"). But as Packer fans, I feel we all truly know that he is capable of so much more, which is why his play so far this year has us so frustrated. Other fans don't see it, but deep down we truly know just what this kid is capable of, and its greatness. Most of the time he plays well. But we know he can truly play great. We know he can bring us rings, and he will some day. I think we all just want him to play to his potential, whether that means he needs to keep his beard or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts