Aaron Rodgers+Draft Pick to Browns For Brady Quinn??????????

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting concept. And it will be a great discussion on Packer Forum in the morning.

Now.... Do not blame me for this... Blame P.F.T. T.V.

Check it out when you all wake up.

R.P.

EDIT: FROM PFT:

PREDICTION: QUINN WILL ASK FOR GREEN BAY TRADE

Last April, quarterback Brady Quinn copied the unexpected draft-day round-one slide of quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Soon, we suspect that Quinn (or, at a minimum, his agent) will be clamoring to join Rodgers' current team.

Though he might be fooling himself into thinking that he's got a shot at winning the starting job this season, Brady Quinn is destined to open 2008 where he finished 2007 -- on the bench. After all, the Browns aren't paying Derek Anderson $8 million per year to hold his helmet next to his ear so that he can listen to the play be called in to the huddle.

More importantly, Quinn needs to get on the field in order to unlock the big-money incentives that his agent, Tom Condon, held him out of training camp in order to get.

And so while it might be unlikely that Quinn will demand a trade in his own voice, Condon could be contacting the Browns and asking them to explore the possibility of moving Quinn to Green Bay.

Quinn would surely welcome the move; it would give him a better chance at becoming the long-term starter, and it would put him on the same team with his brother-in-law, linebacker A.J. Hawk.

The problem? The Packers might want to give Aaron Rodgers a full and fair shot in 2008 at showing he can do the job (or, more importantly, proving he can stay in one piece) before looking elsewhere. And since the Browns have a high second-round pick and a 2008 first-rounder tied up in Quinn, the Browns would need to get a one and a two in order to justify trading Quinn less than a year after drafting him -- especially since the Browns would then be going "all in" with Derek Anderson.

But while we don't see anything like this happening in 2008, we don't rule it out for 2009, if Anderson cements his grip on the job in Cleveland, and if Rodgers fails to fill a sufficiently large portion of Brett Favre's shoes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Aaron Rodgers+Draft Pick to Browns For Brady Quinn??????

Raider Pride said:
Interesting concept. And it will be a great discussion on Packer Forum in the morning.

Now.... Do not blame me for this... Blame P.F.T. T.V.

Check it out when you all wake up.

R.P.

No. It's not.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. Lets trade for a virtual rookie who has no experience with our offense or players and get rid of a guy who has sat in our offense for 3 years learning behind a legend.

Hopefully we only have to give up Rodgers and a couple of first rounders

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I like it. Lets trade for a virtual rookie who has no experience with our offense or players and get rid of a guy who has sat in our offense for 3 years learning behind a legend.

Nice! What do you think? 1st Rnd 2k9, 2k10, 2k11 + A-Rod, Ryan Grant and Jennings? Excellent deal IMO...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Nice! What do you think? 1st Rnd 2k9, 2k10, 2k11 + A-Rod, Ryan Grant and Jennings? Excellent deal IMO...

Better throw Favre in there too. The Mavericks pulled Keith Van Horn out of retirement so they could trade him, may as well get something out of Favre.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawks brother is a Division 2 Arena Football League QB i reckon we should trade ARod for him too!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, Rodg's blue-collar let's-get-to-work mentality just doesn't fit in here in GB. What we need is a guy who falls in the draft, much like Rodgers, but instead of doing the respectable thing, sitting there and waiting for his name to be called, we should get a guy like Quinn, who has a hissy fit, calling teams, begging for them to draft him, then holds out in training camp for a higher salary by the team who drafts him. um, no.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way cleveland does that deal, they like that they have him sitting. Besides Quinn is pretty familiar with their offense, and they already have Derek Anderson. Only way Cleveland does this is if they feel Quinn isn't a future starter.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brady Quinn looks too much like his sister and its kinda creepy.

Reaction score
Let's remember guys, this rumour isn't something RP started, it's on PFT.

I can't see it happening, I'm surprised that PFT put this up without having a shred of evidence. Basically this is all based on Quinn playing with his brother in law.

IF AJ got divorced, that'd make things pretty awkward, so it might not be as rosey a picture as PFT is painting.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Quinn by any stretch and I can't see this happening. I think it's more realistic for Green Bay to trade for Jason Taylor at this point.

One a side note, I hope that Rodgers is reading and listening to all the doubt surrounding him so that it motivates him to be at his best.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I can't see it happening, I'm surprised that PFT put this up without having a shred of evidence. Basically this is all based on Quinn playing with his brother in law.

IF AJ got divorced, that'd make things pretty awkward, so it might not be as rosey a picture as PFT is painting.

yah jason taylor married and divorced zach thomas' sister and it kinda messed up the dolphins lockerroom.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm surprised that PFT put this up without having a shred of evidence.

I'm not surprised at all. PFT isn't concerned with being accurate.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Talk about throwing a story against the wall hoping it sticks to anything.. I guess it will get about 2 or 3 pages of posts on each and every fourm around though.. effective advertising more so than journalist responsibilty.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Talk about throwing a story against the wall hoping it sticks to anything.. I guess it will get about 2 or 3 pages of posts on each and every fourm around though.. effective advertising more so than journalist responsibilty.

yeah, that's a good point. hadn't thought of that. PFT does say, though, that Quinn might ask for this, and his agent probably will. No mention of how the Packers will shoot it down!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PFT will post any rumor/idea/bad dream that would hurt the Packers. Florio is from Minnesota. Nuff said.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see where it says Aaron Rodgers+ Draft Pick for Brady Quinn. We arent going to trade away a QB who we have been grooming for 3 years and a draft pick to get another QB and start all over. Maybe we would trade for Quinn with just picks and other players but I put that at about a .000000000000000000000001% chance because of the fact that Rodgers has waited in line and he is going to get his chance. By bringing in a guy like Quinn would make it seem like you have 0 confidence in Rodgers at all. We are going to get someone with experience to back him up and then maybe a late round draft pick with potential.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sets a new standard for stupid "journalism". Frankly, I question the wisdom of the Browns keeping and paying big money for two QBs. that could have starting ability. Since they gave big money to Anderson, it might be a good time to pick up a player(s) and/or picks for Quinn. Some team like the Vikes or bears might jump at the chance. The Browns could really help their re-building project.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that this particular post should be in this thread or this section of the forum, but reports are coming out that Anderson's contract basically is a one-year deal with the option for another. so, they will probably go with Anderson this year, then assess where they're at after this season, and unload either Anderson or Quinn. They won't have much trade leverage, but it's a safe move.

Members online

Latest posts