1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Aaron Rodgers contract

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    Romo gets paid a lot to choke!

I would have offered him more in the range of $12 an hour.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Umm??? didn't he (Woodson) win DRPOY in 2010:tup:

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Now we have to match Romo's guaranteed too. FABULOUS. Stupid egotistical mediocrity. I hate market value, the knock off brand should NOT be allowed to control inflation. Can we call this Price Fixing and get some government interference to actually FIX the prices?

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    That depends; do you think the government considers the Packers "too big to fail"?.....

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Don't care about Rodgers guaranteed money. Career ending injuries to QBs are slim. It's not like we are going to cut him. He's too competitive to coast after getting big money.

I don't actually think Romos deal is outrageous. I think tony is a 10th - 12th best QB in the league. If you redid everyone's deal I think he would fall about where this contract put him. People complain about tony, but he's just good enough for the Boys to be unable to find someone better. Biggest problem in Dallas isn't the QB tho. It's the guy who writes the checks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I agree. I think Romo is better than people give him credit for. Their O-line is awful. The guy is a warrior, he played with a collapsed lung! I think the only gripe about him is he throws a little too many to the other team and he reminds me a lot of some guy that used to play around here. I think he got what he's worth. I just hate how Flacco inflated his price which drove up the price for Rodgers.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    He's exactly like Favre. I assume he spent too many Wisconsin falls watching the gunslinger

8. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +183
    I thought it was 2009?. And I include 2010 Woodson as one of those Game Changers. 2011, he started to slip and fell just below that line.

9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,241
    It was 2009. In my opinion, 2010 was an equally great season despite the lower pick count...he was everywhere doing everything as the master of ceremonies for the organized chaos.

10. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    How about this:

What if Rodgers takes a smaller contract? Possibly than Romo's, definitely smaller than Flacco's. Wouldn't it show other players and teams what a real quality person/player/team is all about?

Maybe that would help the league out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Seriously, Aaron Rodgers can go **** himself if the Packers and him agree to a deal that will take ALMOST ALL of the Packers cap space.

This will show Aaron Rodger's true egoistic colors if this deal is made. He does NOT deserve to be the highest paid player in NFL history. Why? Because he ******* sucks and cries like a baby. He needs to bring 3 to 4 more SB's to title town to even be considered to get paid more than Brady.

You suck Rodgers and you will make GB Packers pay for your crime. I wish the GB management just drafted a QB for really cheap and get rid of selfish Rodgers. I guarantee you the Packers won't make the playoffs this year if this deal will be made.

HUMBLE YOURSELF RODGERS AND GET THE **** OVER YOURSELF GOSH DAMMIT.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    wut

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Romo is a choke.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I'll be pulling up this post in the future I'm sure

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    People don't get it. This is the plan. It has been for a very long time. You draft, develop, and sign the essential players. They players you can't you replace through the draft. Jennings, driver, and Woodson will all be replaced in some aspect by cheaper younger players while Matthews and Rodgers will now take up a decent portion of our cap. This is how it works. People cry about not having a major signing but Rodgers contract will be the signing of the offseason. 31 other teams would be interested in locking him up. You can't say that about many players.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Bert Farve is that you ????
    Otherwise, WTF dude... what kind of drugs?

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970

He is a Bears fan and is jealous

18. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm amazed every time I read that someone thinks Rodgers is greedy. I'm tellin' 'ya that he'd grab 30 mil if he were on the open market and you all know I'm right. Possible greatest all time? GTFOH. I'm delighted he might settle for $25 mil with us, that's a hometown discount right there.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    I'm amazed that he didn't refuse to take the field when he found out mark Sanchez makes more than he does.

• Like Like x 1
  21. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Whos Mark Sanchez??

22. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    He's the younger brother of Jay "Freakin" Cutler and the cousin of Sam " I Am" Bradford. All three who make more money than Aaron "I'm Better than all of those 3 plus Romo combined" Rodgers!

23. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,241
    He's the road block to Tim Tebow's march to the Hall of Fame.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Packer Fan in SD

Packer Fan in SD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Yeah the last couple of replies make me laugh and nearly wet my laptop. Very good responses. Thanks, I was having a rough day, but you brightened it a bit. Thanks GB and HRE. Hypon, nice pics. Also made me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    Packers and Aaron Rodgers reportedly only two million a year apart on negotiations per Ian Rapaport.