Aaron Rodgers contract

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have many great players. We have only two game changers, Matthews and Rodgers. Though we've only had those two since ~2010. In 2011, Woodson had already slid enough to not be in that super-elite group.

Umm??? didn't he (Woodson) win DRPOY in 2010:tup:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Now we have to match Romo's guaranteed too. FABULOUS. Stupid egotistical mediocrity. I hate market value, the knock off brand should NOT be allowed to control inflation. Can we call this Price Fixing and get some government interference to actually FIX the prices?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we have to match Romo's guaranteed too. FABULOUS. Stupid egotistical mediocrity. I hate market value, the knock off brand should NOT be allowed to control inflation. Can we call this Price Fixing and get some government interference to actually FIX the prices?

That depends; do you think the government considers the Packers "too big to fail"?.....

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't care about Rodgers guaranteed money. Career ending injuries to QBs are slim. It's not like we are going to cut him. He's too competitive to coast after getting big money.

I don't actually think Romos deal is outrageous. I think tony is a 10th - 12th best QB in the league. If you redid everyone's deal I think he would fall about where this contract put him. People complain about tony, but he's just good enough for the Boys to be unable to find someone better. Biggest problem in Dallas isn't the QB tho. It's the guy who writes the checks.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care about Rodgers guaranteed money. Career ending injuries to QBs are slim. It's not like we are going to cut him. He's too competitive to coast after getting big money.

I don't actually think Romos deal is outrageous. I think tony is a 10th - 12th best QB in the league. If you redid everyone's deal I think he would fall about where this contract put him. People complain about tony, but he's just good enough for the Boys to be unable to find someone better. Biggest problem in Dallas isn't the QB tho. It's the guy who writes the checks.

I agree. I think Romo is better than people give him credit for. Their O-line is awful. The guy is a warrior, he played with a collapsed lung! I think the only gripe about him is he throws a little too many to the other team and he reminds me a lot of some guy that used to play around here. I think he got what he's worth. I just hate how Flacco inflated his price which drove up the price for Rodgers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think Romo is better than people give him credit for. Their O-line is awful. The guy is a warrior, he played with a collapsed lung! I think the only gripe about him is he throws a little too many to the other team and he reminds me a lot of some guy that used to play around here. I think he got what he's worth. I just hate how Flacco inflated his price which drove up the price for Rodgers.

He's exactly like Favre. I assume he spent too many Wisconsin falls watching the gunslinger

H

HardRightEdge

I thought it was 2009?. And I include 2010 Woodson as one of those Game Changers. 2011, he started to slip and fell just below that line.

It was 2009. In my opinion, 2010 was an equally great season despite the lower pick count...he was everywhere doing everything as the master of ceremonies for the organized chaos.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this:

What if Rodgers takes a smaller contract? Possibly than Romo's, definitely smaller than Flacco's. Wouldn't it show other players and teams what a real quality person/player/team is all about?

Maybe that would help the league out.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, Aaron Rodgers can go **** himself if the Packers and him agree to a deal that will take ALMOST ALL of the Packers cap space.

This will show Aaron Rodger's true egoistic colors if this deal is made. He does NOT deserve to be the highest paid player in NFL history. Why? Because he ****ing sucks and cries like a baby. He needs to bring 3 to 4 more SB's to title town to even be considered to get paid more than Brady.

You suck Rodgers and you will make GB Packers pay for your crime. I wish the GB management just drafted a QB for really cheap and get rid of selfish Rodgers. I guarantee you the Packers won't make the playoffs this year if this deal will be made.

HUMBLE YOURSELF RODGERS AND GET THE **** OVER YOURSELF GOSH DAMMIT.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, Aaron Rodgers can go **** himself if the Packers and him agree to a deal that will take ALMOST ALL of the Packers cap space.

This will show Aaron Rodger's true egoistic colors if this deal is made. He does NOT deserve to be the highest paid player in NFL history. Why? Because he ******* sucks and cries like a baby. He needs to bring 3 to 4 more SB's to title town to even be considered to get paid more than Brady.

You suck Rodgers and you will make GB Packers pay for your crime. I wish the GB management just drafted a QB for really cheap and get rid of selfish Rodgers. I guarantee you the Packers won't make the playoffs this year if this deal will be made.

wut

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This will show Aaron Rodger's true egoistic colors if this deal is made. He does NOT deserve to be the highest paid player in NFL history. Why? Because he ******* sucks and cries like a baby. He needs to bring 3 to 4 more SB's to title town to even be considered to get paid more than Brady.

I'll be pulling up this post in the future I'm sure

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People don't get it. This is the plan. It has been for a very long time. You draft, develop, and sign the essential players. They players you can't you replace through the draft. Jennings, driver, and Woodson will all be replaced in some aspect by cheaper younger players while Matthews and Rodgers will now take up a decent portion of our cap. This is how it works. People cry about not having a major signing but Rodgers contract will be the signing of the offseason. 31 other teams would be interested in locking him up. You can't say that about many players.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bert Farve is that you ????
Otherwise, WTF dude... what kind of drugs?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
People don't get it. This is the plan. It has been for a very long time. You draft, develop, and sign the essential players. They players you can't you replace through the draft. Jennings, driver, and Woodson will all be replaced in some aspect by cheaper younger players while Matthews and Rodgers will now take up a decent portion of our cap. This is how it works. People cry about not having a major signing but Rodgers contract will be the signing of the offseason. 31 other teams would be interested in locking him up. You can't say that about many players.
I'm amazed every time I read that someone thinks Rodgers is greedy. I'm tellin' 'ya that he'd grab 30 mil if he were on the open market and you all know I'm right. Possible greatest all time? GTFOH. I'm delighted he might settle for $25 mil with us, that's a hometown discount right there.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm amazed every time I read that someone thinks Rodgers is greedy. I'm tellin' 'ya that he'd grab 30 mil if he were on the open market and you all know I'm right. Possible greatest all time? GTFOH. I'm delighted he might settle for $25 mil with us, that's a hometown discount right there.

I'm amazed that he didn't refuse to take the field when he found out mark Sanchez makes more than he does.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the last couple of replies make me laugh and nearly wet my laptop. Very good responses. Thanks, I was having a rough day, but you brightened it a bit. Thanks GB and HRE. Hypon, nice pics. Also made me laugh.

Members online

Latest posts