Aaron Rodgers contract

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have many great players. We have only two game changers, Matthews and Rodgers. Though we've only had those two since ~2010. In 2011, Woodson had already slid enough to not be in that super-elite group.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Matthews' deal will approach Mario Williams' deal, but will not match or exceed it for one simple reason: the Bills had a moment of temporary insanity. Matthews chronic hamstring issues make this particularly tricky

Rodgers will exceed Flaco; by how much remains to be seen. I do not consider it a lock that Rodgers will get his deal this year.

I read recently that Rodgers and Matthews have the same agent. That must make things interesting, as chips get moved back and forth between the two piles.

to think we may see two 100 mil+ contratcs at the same time....wow

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm arod was around before 2010 and cm3 was a rookie in 2009

Poorly phrased on my part.

In 2010, we had three: Woodson, Rodgers, and Matthews. I go back and forth on Collins, potentially giving us 4.
In 2011, we had two: Rodgers and Matthews. Woodson slipped and Collins, we all know about.
In 2012, we had two: Rodgers and Matthews.

Cobb has the potential be such a player, but isn't quite there yet. Part of his problem is that it's so hard to be a game-changer from the WR position.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Poorly phrased on my part.

In 2010, we had three: Woodson, Rodgers, and Matthews. I go back and forth on Collins, potentially giving us 4.
In 2011, we had two: Rodgers and Matthews. Woodson slipped and Collins, we all know about.
In 2012, we had two: Rodgers and Matthews.

Cobb has the potential be such a player, but isn't quite there yet. Part of his problem is that it's so hard to be a game-changer from the WR position.

Ok, cool...thought you might have lost your mind for a minute...lol

Cobb is a game changer at WR and saved our bacon many times last season. He is also very versitile and has 10+ yds every time we put him in the backfield and run him. I don't think he needs to be kept at KR or PR, he is toooo valuable to lose to an injury in a high injury situation such as returning kicks.

He will be the next fat contract situation.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cobb is a game changer at WR and saved our bacon many times last season. He is also very versitile and has 10+ yds every time we put him in the backfield and run him. I don't think he needs to be kept at KR or PR, he is toooo valuable to lose to an injury in a high injury situation such as returning kicks.

He won't be returning kickoffs next year but punts maybe. I like Ross on kickoff returns alot better.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

He won't be returning kickoffs next year but punts maybe. I like Ross on kickoff returns alot better.
I hope neither. At the moment he`s just too valuable. I haven`t read too much about James Jones either. I hope he plays a bigger part this season IMO.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see how his price could "inflate" in one season. He's already goin to be the highest paid player regardless and barring another decent qb winning the Super Bowl, flaccos deal will still be the one to beat..so unless Ryan and the falcons take the chip this year and they lock him up breaking flaccos deal, there no qb set to make that much dough that's just the reality of it

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hold Game-Changer to a very high standard. This is not selling Cobb short. To be a Game-Changer, the other team has to say, for example, "We need to stop 12" and the game plan starts with that. And then, said Game-Changer needs to overcome the game plan anyway. Cobb isn't there yet.

Think Reggie getting his sacks at the end of Super Bowl 31 from with a 3 man rush.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the kick returner getting hurt thing is a myth. For as much as everyone talks about it, it seems like it rarely happens. More often than not its a blocker getting hurt.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought a team was built AROUND the quarterback ?
True, but he has TWO years left on his contract. Which was his 2nd contract, and real money.
Matthews only has ONE year left on his contract, which was a bargain rookie contract.

Reward Clay first this time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hold Game-Changer to a very high standard. This is not selling Cobb short. To be a Game-Changer, the other team has to say, for example, "We need to stop 12" and the game plan starts with that. And then, said Game-Changer needs to overcome the game plan anyway. Cobb isn't there yet.

Think Reggie getting his sacks at the end of Super Bowl 31 from with a 3 man rush.
True.
But then by your own definition, you must consider Jermichael Finley a game-changer, because we have heard that the Giants, Bears focus on him first of all the receivers.
Remember the Giants chalkboard before the 2011 playoff game? They said it was stop #88.

J Mills

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see what Cobb does this year. I am not saying he is not a very valuable part of our offense but I am not sure about a game changer. He is going to get game planned for this year, if he can continue to progress and put up big numbers this season I will call him a game changer. If he regresses with the additional attention, well then he is no more valuable than Nelson or Jones. Not saying Nelson and Jones are not key components but they are not game changers.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True.
But then by your own definition, you must consider Jermichael Finley a game-changer, because we have heard that the Giants, Bears focus on him first of all the receivers.
Remember the Giants chalkboard before the 2011 playoff game? They said it was stop #88.

I'm not a Finley hater, but he's not there yet. He may never get there. Yes, the game planned to stop him, but they succeeded.

Reaction score
You should hear the group on KFAN in Mpls./St.Paul. They are already talking about Aaron heading over to play for Minnesota. I'm glad for Jennings and hope he does well (not against my beloved Packers though), but I can't understand why any players would want to walk into that cesspool of drama known as the Minnesota Vikings?

Reaction score
Lets see what Cobb does this year. I am not saying he is not a very valuable part of our offense but I am not sure about a game changer. He is going to get game planned for this year, if he can continue to progress and put up big numbers this season I will call him a game changer. If he regresses with the additional attention, well then he is no more valuable than Nelson or Jones. Not saying Nelson and Jones are not key components but they are not game changers.
Wow! Really sticking your neck out there! LOL

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

??????? wow....just wow

Cobb IS a game changer, he won games for us.....if not for him, we might not have been where we were. J. Jones not a game changer for us either.....did you happen to see his circus catches? His NFL leading 14 TD's ??? If not for him, we would have been in a different spot as well. " no more valuable than nelson or jones" WTF? You don't realize how much teams plan against nelson and jones do you? After the 2011 season and our token white boy WR nelson who got shunned by several other DB's around the NFL for not being "that good" and then turned around and made them eat **** during a game......they now plan for him.....they plan for cobb....they plan for Jones....It is ignorant to think that they don't. We have a top rated WR corps, EVEN WITHOUT JENNINGS.

J Mills

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??????? wow....just wow

Cobb IS a game changer, he won games for us.....if not for him, we might not have been where we were. J. Jones not a game changer for us either.....did you happen to see his circus catches? His NFL leading 14 TD's ??? If not for him, we would have been in a different spot as well. " no more valuable than nelson or jones" WTF? You don't realize how much teams plan against nelson and jones do you? After the 2011 season and our token white boy WR nelson who got shunned by several other DB's around the NFL for not being "that good" and then turned around and made them eat **** during a game......they now plan for him.....they plan for cobb....they plan for Jones....It is ignorant to think that they don't. We have a top rated WR corps, EVEN WITHOUT JENNINGS.

Wow getting a little excited aren't we. We obviously have a different view on what a game changer is. I think we have two game changers on our team, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews. All I know is in 2009 Donald Driver was the Packers leading receiver, in 2010 it was Greg Jenning, in 2011 it was Jordy Nelson, and in 2012 it was Randall Cobb. No team looks at the Packers and says we have to shut down this receiver in order to win. They have to account for all of them because it Aaron Rodgers and the system not one particular WR.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow getting a little excited aren't we. We obviously have a different view on what a game changer is. I think we have two game changers on our team, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews. All I know is in 2009 Donald Driver was the Packers leading receiver, in 2010 it was Greg Jenning, in 2011 it was Jordy Nelson, and in 2012 it was Randall Cobb. No team looks at the Packers and says we have to shut down this receiver in order to win. They have to account for all of them because it Aaron Rodgers and the system not one particular WR.

Agreed.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers and Matthews get paid like they should be. They are the only two Superstars on the Packer team. That being said, I hope it is not at the expense of surrounding them with other quality players.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Rodgers contract just get bigger? God I hate the big spenders like Jones, Snyder, and whoever the hell is in charge of the Ravens.:mad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-romo-gets-more-guaranteed-money-than-flacco/

25 mil a freakin year is whats projected!! wow. Now by time Matthews gets extended when you go to home games they will charge you a dollar to do the #1 and two dollars to do the #2. We thought TT was tight with the money before...now wait and see.

Members online

Latest posts