Aaron Rodgers come full circle

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
All I see on the packers are young, intelligent, high character
players who are making a huge impact. Who all get along.
Who all want to be here. Who all may sign up to be here for a long time.

And we have a team with 35 mil under the cap
and have room to keep most of the core players together
for a long time..

Most of whom were drafted by Thompson.

I don't see a man who needs to be fired.
I see a man who's masterpiece pick is finally being displayed
for all to see.

How does 1 game justify calling Rodgers a success? He looked every bit the part of an old pro against the Vikings in front of the home crowd. Let's see how he handles hostile environments & at least a full season before allowing accolades like "masterpiece" to be mellifluously tossed around. He didn't fair well at all in SF, his first starting assignment on the road this year. I'm sure you saw it.

Try holding back slightly in the future. Even TT would be a little disturbed by your unsolicited admiration. :inlove:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
All I see on the packers are young, intelligent, high character
players who are making a huge impact. Who all get along.
Who all want to be here. Who all may sign up to be here for a long time.

And we have a team with 35 mil under the cap
and have room to keep most of the core players together
for a long time..

Most of whom were drafted by Thompson.

I don't see a man who needs to be fired.
I see a man who's masterpiece pick is finally being displayed
for all to see.

How does 1 game justify calling Rodgers a success? He looked every bit the part of an old pro against the Vikings in front of the home crowd. Let's see how he handles hostile environments & at least a full season before allowing accolades like "masterpiece" to be mellifluously tossed around. He didn't fair well at all in SF, his first starting assignment on the road this year. I'm sure you saw it.

Try holding back slightly in the future. Even TT would be a little disturbed by your unsolicited admiration. :inlove:

How does 1 game justify calling Rodgers
your words pal not anyone elses..

If YOUR saying no one can use one game to justify his success, then how in the hell...No..WHY in the hell are you using the Frisco game?

I will tell you why, because it JUSTIFIES your thoughts on Rodgers..

You fail to mention it was one half of a preseason game, and that Mike Mc took the blame for not have the proper preparation in the game plan. He didn't expect them to blitz like they did, and he didn't have any blocking schemes set up for it. (it was preseason you know )

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Again guys...

Of all the QBs that have come out since 2004.

Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Brody Croyle, Alex Smith(does he even't count now?), JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Tavaris Jackson, Ingle Martin,
Briah Brohm, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, John David Booty, Matt Leinart, Matt Guiterrez,
Kyle Orton..etc etc....

I'd pick Aaron over all of those QBs. I've said that since 05. Now you see why.

I predict that Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler will be meeting each other in superbowl duels in years to come...

Could this be because your a little bias? I would take Russell Quinn and Cutler over Rodgers in a heartbeat. I'm far from sold on a guy that played 1 game. It is well known i can't stand his arrogance and don't see him staying with the Pack he don't care about the team he is worried about himself. Maybe in time it will change my mind but i can't tell the future.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dhazer said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Again guys...

Of all the QBs that have come out since 2004.

Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Brody Croyle, Alex Smith(does he even't count now?), JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Tavaris Jackson, Ingle Martin,
Briah Brohm, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, John David Booty, Matt Leinart, Matt Guiterrez,
Kyle Orton..etc etc....

I'd pick Aaron over all of those QBs. I've said that since 05. Now you see why.

I predict that Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler will be meeting each other in superbowl duels in years to come...

Could this be because your a little bias? I would take Russell Quinn and Cutler over Rodgers in a heartbeat. I'm far from sold on a guy that played 1 game. It is well known i can't stand his arrogance and don't see him staying with the Pack he don't care about the team he is worried about himself. Maybe in time it will change my mind but i can't tell the future.

He is biased?? WOW what a shock

** sarcasm off *

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
How does 1 game justify calling Rodgers
your words pal not anyone elses..

If YOUR saying no one can use one game to justify his success, then how in the hell...No..WHY in the hell are you using the Frisco game?

I will tell you why, because it JUSTIFIES your thoughts on Rodgers..

You fail to mention it was one half of a preseason game, and that Mike Mc took the blame for not have the proper preparation in the game plan. He didn't expect them to blitz like they did, and he didn't have any blocking schemes set up for it. (it was preseason you know )

Long you ignorant ****!

Since I haven't voiced my thoughts one way or the other on Rodgers why do I need justification? If I had said Rodgers sucks on the road then you'd have a valid point. I just pointed out that he didn't fair well in his 1st opportunity to start for an NFL team in a hostile environment. It's too soon for people like CalTed whoever to proclaim Rodgers the "masterpiece pick" of the '05 draft. Fair enough?

I don't buy the lack of preparation excuse. The guard sitch hasn't gotten any better since Wahle & Rivera left. It's been a work in progress with little improvement as evidenced by a rookie getting the early nod over the others in camp this season.

It's a lame excuse if it is true. Professional sports has no room for that kind of shortcoming, pre-season or otherwise.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But you can't use one game ( frisco game )saying how he didnt fair to well..

and then blast someone for using the viking game for how well he played

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to be honest, in the little that he played the last few years(except for the Dallas game) I was dreading having him as our qb. I really didn't think he would be that good. I was WRONG!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he keeps going out there and winning fans over .... IMO he is doing what he has to do .... he won me over ... i like the kid ... he has delt with a away game and won ... he has beat a divison rival ,, at home ... the kids on the right track .... he shows again and again he is a solid QB ... now he needs to get into lambeau and hand dallas thier *** ...

Members online

Latest posts