Aaron Rodgers come full circle

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad to have been posting in Green Bay Packer forums since 2005..

Through all the name bashing, and Aaron bashing through the Favre era..

It was ALL worth it...=)

You guys took awhile..but finally come around!

Now you see the Aaron Rodgers that CAL fans have known all along...

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some of us were and are smarter than others. it was a great game, hopefully a great start to a great season.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel happy for him, for our team and FOR US!

He played great and I still get goose-bumps when I look at his TD to Hall.
"Favre-like throw"? Who was that again? ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not get to over excitied..He looked GREAT had the best passer rating and compl % of any q/b EVER in his 1st start..

for myself I need to see a few more games to truly get a sense of how he will be..I think by 3rd game we might have a better idea

but it was AWESOME tonight.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets just keep stacking W's.

lets also not get ahead of ourselves. we all know the Vikings are comprised entirely of woman genes. ;)

seriously though who else wanted to stab Kornhieser tonight? and i loved how the better the Packers played, the quieter he got. did he say a word in the second half?

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so delighted over this victory. I have no words right now. I'm just gonna let it marinate for a few days.

TeamGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very Impressed and I have to say. Its hard to watch alot of College Football in the UK but i did it by various means :) And having Brohm aswell behind Rodgers (Who i loved in college and i know that doesnt always make a great NFL QB) but to have 2 young and hopefully great QB's who can be here for the next 10-15 years.. has to be an exciting prospect for any fan/team!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
seriously though who else wanted to stab Kornhieser tonight? and i loved how the better the Packers played, the quieter he got. did he say a word in the second half?

He is Dr Z with a microphone.. I killed the ESPN audio and listened to the radio broadcast.. I swear if it wasn't for Jaws, the color would be lost on the broadcast. Even the two goofs that are Mike and Mike did a better job that Kornholio.. Trico isn't too bad.. but they were growing tired of Kornholio.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How that guy has a job in sports broadcasting is beyond me. The debacle where Jaws asked him as a writer what he would say about the game so far SHOULD get that idiot fired. It was even the last straw for Tirico, because he basically told Kornhole to quit f'ing talking about Favre.

Marante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah! rodgers played very well, accurate passes, smarter... this victory increases my expectations of this young team, and rodgers doesn't disappointed me, he will be a great qb for the packers...
Go Packers!!!

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll always love Favre, but Aaron's our QB now. And I am just damn happy that he did so well last night! My voice is hoarse today from cheering.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
I'll always love Favre, but Aaron's our QB now. And I am just damn happy that he did so well last night! My voice is hoarse today from cheering.

I am glad to see this post, from this poster.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers played pretty well, but I'm not overly impressed..Too bad the best throw he made didn't count...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arron Rodgers didn't get frustrated with the many miscues his teamates were making (penalties) early in the game. And. of coarse the most important statistic was the Packers 24--Vikings 19. A win is a win , bottom line is what counts. Oh yes! Rodgers had no INT's In his first NFL start game, he did not hurt his team. The Packers with 10 minutes into 2nd Quarter took the lead in the game. . The Packers never trailed the Vikings for the rest of the game.

Since 1950. I have seen every young Packer Quarterback, who has taken over from the Veteran QB . Many of those QB change overs didn't go very smoothly and Packer franchise went through losing seasons because of lack of NFL "ready" QB..

Hopefully this time, Packers do have QB ready.. The Packers have been getting ready for this day, since 2005 ,when the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers. Packer management have said Rodgers is now ready. We will find out if Packer management is right.

In my opinion,Since 2005 I have watching Aaron Rodgers during Packer OTA's, minicamps , Packer training camp practices, pre season games and his limited action in regular NFL games . I agree with Packer management opinion of QB Aaron Rodgers ,that Rodgers is ready to be starting QB this season.

Rodgers has to prove it on the playing fields of the NFL, as starting QB of the Packers. This game with Vikings is first step in that direction. As one NFL scout said last week in GB Press-Gazette article, that it could take at least 16 starts in NFL to get real evaluation of Rodgers.

Moto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a good dude and I wish him the best for himself and our team.

Aaron and I at the Donald Driver Golf Classic last year. He signed this pic for me this year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
How that guy has a job in sports broadcasting is beyond me. The debacle where Jaws asked him as a writer what he would say about the game so far SHOULD get that idiot fired. It was even the last straw for Tirico, because he basically told Kornhole to quit f'ing talking about Favre.

Agreed that Rodgers is ably taking the next step, much to the satisfaction of the men who enabled that scenario to take place this year & not later.

Just stop telling people what topics are off limits. It was the first regular season MNF game for these guys & they wanted to get some stuff off their chests. They spoke their minds. Some of their opinions jive with yours & some don't. Can you handle that? Or do you refrain from speaking about any former Packers on other teams?

Tony K. is a long-time D.C. area sports guy & usually comes across as insightful yet opinionated. Aren't we all?

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im real happy with Rodgers ... i thought he was great ... with all the penaltys ,, he pushed the team forward ... i still wanna see how he reacts to a hostile crowd ... i geuss i will get a chance to see when we play detroit ... but i must say Rodgers was great ,, he looked like a seasoned qb out there ...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
LambeauLeaper said:

Agreed that Rodgers is ably taking the next step, much to the satisfaction of the men who enabled that scenario to take place this year & not later.

Just stop telling people what topics are off limits. It was the first regular season MNF game for these guys & they wanted to get some stuff off their chests. They spoke their minds. Some of their opinions jive with yours & some don't. Can you handle that? Or do you refrain from speaking about any former Packers on other teams?

Tony K. is a long-time D.C. area sports guy & usually comes across as insightful yet opinionated. Aren't we all?

it was to the point where Tirico and Jaws were annoyed, because they actually had a game to commentate. The man is horrible for an MNF job, not just for monday night, but more because he clearly does not know football. i actually remember him saying that a few years ago on PTI.

it got to one point when the Packers were on the goalline and he said something to the effect of...if Aaron throws it in Packer fans won't have to worry so much about him and can let out a deep breath as opposed to if they run it in? thats completely assinine, overstated to a huge fault, and terribly sensationalized. he's literally crossing into Dennis Miller's territory as we speak.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
it got to one point when the Packers were on the goalline and he said something to the effect of...if Aaron throws it in Packer fans won't have to worry so much about him and can let out a deep breath as opposed to if they run it in? thats completely assinine, overstated to a huge fault, and terribly sensationalized. he's literally crossing into Dennis Miller's territory as we speak.

It's called devil's advocate. An attempt to get across an ideal or point of view not shared by the majority. Just because it's lost on you doesn't mean it's not relevant.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again guys...

Of all the QBs that have come out since 2004.

Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Brody Croyle, Alex Smith(does he even't count now?), JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Tavaris Jackson, Ingle Martin,
Briah Brohm, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, John David Booty, Matt Leinart, Matt Guiterrez,
Kyle Orton..etc etc....

I'd pick Aaron over all of those QBs. I've said that since 05. Now you see why.

I predict that Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler will be meeting each other in superbowl duels in years to come...

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently T.Thompson thought so too..

Picking Aaron over all of those other QBs...

Where are all those people who wanted Thompson fired
one month ago?

Where are they now???

All I see on the packers are young, intelligent, high character
players who are making a huge impact. Who all get along.
Who all want to be here. Who all may sign up to be here for a long time.

And we have a team with 35 mil under the cap
and have room to keep most of the core players together
for a long time..

Most of whom were drafted by Thompson.

I don't see a man who needs to be fired.
I see a man who's masterpiece pick is finally being displayed
for all to see.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i for one will say Rodgers had a great game and played well ... that being said ,, we arent in the bowl yet ... we have alotta games to play just to make the playoffs ... i believe we can compete for the playoffs ,, but as of now thats here nor there ... we need to see 5 or 6 games to really get an ideal of what we have here ... i am all for the packers ,, but i wont get too excited untill we are midway throu the season with a winning record ... now i do think we will have a good season ... but i just need to see some more games ... if Roders stayes healthy i believe we will stay on track ... i also believe with Rodgers healthy all season ,,, we will see playoffs ...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
arrowgargantuan said:

It's called devil's advocate. An attempt to get across an ideal or point of view not shared by the majority. Just because it's lost on you doesn't mean it's not relevant.

ahhh i see, so because i don't watch monday night football to hear Tony's ineptitude played out over 3 hours...it was lost on me? agree to disagree i suppose.

to be fair, you'd have to be insane not to expect Brett to be brought up occasionally throughout the game. that makes perfect sense to me, but if that is all you have to talk about while an entire football game is being played, well thats just lazy to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts