Aaron Rodgers catches Pro Bowl pass from Packers QB

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good thing it's the pro-bowl otherwise there would be all sorts of screams and howls of how he lost tons of yardage on that play.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good thing it's the pro-bowl otherwise there would be all sorts of screams and howls of how he lost tons of yardage on that play.

belive me, a play like that can ONLY be made in the pro-bowl! this game is like back-yard football...except not as rough.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not true. Favre's first completion as a Packer was to himself.

what i meant was the way it unfolded...in a regular season game the defense would have been rushing him, and that never would have ended up in his hands...the favre self-pass was a lot different

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Really, my recollection is that it was quite similar. Perhaps I will have to find it on YouTube.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was kind of cool! Only in the Pro Bowl, LOL! Also liked Brees attempt at the FG! Epic fail, but still funny to watch. It's something you'd never see in a real game unless you had a 20pt+ lead in the 4th.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
what i meant was the way it unfolded...in a regular season game the defense would have been rushing him, and that never would have ended up in his hands...the favre self-pass was a lot different

Seems comparable to me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, my recollection is that it was quite similar. Perhaps I will have to find it on YouTube.
no, what happened with rodgers was more like a basketball play, everyone bunched up, and a free-for all for a rebound... with favre, he was out on the open with one defender.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I don't consider the two to be A LOT DIFFERENT, but whatever. QB throws ball, ball deflected up into the air, QB catches ball and attempts to advance it; yeah it may be different in how many people were around, but that is not "a lot different" and it clearly can happen other than in the Pro Bowl.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

This picture/video made me realize something. Don Majikowski was the last regular starting QB who didn't complete at least ONE pass to himself as a Packer. And yes I'm laughing!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pro bowl is a joke.
Yeah.
So why the heck are there those who are seriously debating the Favre vs Rodgers self completion?
If they both were reg. season games, then it can be a debate. But since one is in a fun, backyard type of game it's not really fair to compare or argue over the two.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohhh yeahh .. about Jennings' gloves, those were so great. I saw a pair of Oregon Duck ones that were pretty flashy too. Wouldn't mind getting a pair of those bad boys (too bad they probably run $300).

Members online

Latest posts