1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Rodgers blog post (Please read!)

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Arod2gjdd, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    I've been a lurker here for a long long time and never really posted much, I recently made a post on my sports blog concerning all our favorite quarterback, Aaron Rodgers! I thought this would be a good time to post this because everyone seems to have finally remembered how good this guy is. Feedback is appreciated.

http://liljsports.wordpress.com/2014/11/23/an-ode-to-rodgers/

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Rogers play vs the falcons in 2010 playoff game was the best I have even seen a QB play in my life.

3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Very eloquently put but in my opinion a bit "Rose tinted". The TEAM stepped up that night, The WHOLE TEAM. He does have faults. Those faults were very visible at the start of the season, holding the ball too long etc.
    I MIGHT be the only Packer fan to say this, but IF Tramon Williams had not stopped that Ben Rothesberger pass near the end of the game, we would have been behind. I respect your opinion, and the way you worded it, I mean it in no way disrespectfully to you but I`m on record as saying before, TEAMS win superbowls, not individuals. I love that Aaron Rodgers is our QB, but the WHOLE team won that game. Every time a player went down, another stepped up to the plate and played their *** off.
    I`m prepared to face the flack here, but that's my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Nanuet, New York???? Really?

5. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Of course whole teams win Super Bowls but this was an "Ode to Aaron Rodgers" and therefore the focal point was Aaron Rodgers.
    And well done I might add.

6. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    Hey ... you're being farrrrrrrrr toooooooo tolerant.... ;) How ya doin' BB?

7. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    The whole team won it, but there's a good chance the MVP of the game meant more than the rest of the guys.

8. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes, of course a single player does not win a game nor a championship on their own, and this ENTIRE Super Bowl team was SPECIAL. But as a responder to you said, this entire article is an attempt to demonstrate the faith and confidence I have in Rodgers as a quarterback, so I chose to focus on him. Nothing demonstrates my point quite like he putting the hammer down in this playoff game.

9. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    Exactly, exactly, he was the topic of my claim, therefore I highlighted his play in the game. To reiterate, this entire team was special, and he could not have done it alone.

10. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    Really appreciate people reading this, and looking forward to the game today!

11. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    Yeah, I don't live there but ended up there lol, bear any relevance to you?

12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    None. None whatever...I was giving you an avenue to elaborate. Sounded like you wanted to...but was holdingback out of courtesy.

13. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +3,042
    I`m good thanks Weeds :tup:. How are you keeping ? Well I hope ?

14. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +3,042
    I DID say it was eloquently put. I`m not looking for an argument, I just gave my opinion.

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I'll be honest....
    I could only read up to here:

"...I internally decided that Aaron Rodgers would be the greatest quarterback ever to play the game of football."

You want to praise and gush all over A-Rod and that's fine.
    It's your opinion piece.
    However I don't share in that opinion because I judge how great QBs are based on how many championships they win.
    Joe Montana has 4 with the 49ers.
    Big Ben with the Steelers has 2.
    Heck, even Eli Manning also has 2.
    And then our own Bart Starr has:
    went on to win six division crowns, five NFL championships and two Super Bowls.

http://www.packers.com/history/hall-of-famers/starr-bart.html

I do think that Rodgers is awesome. He is great and I also feel blessed to have him with us since he does give me hope.
    Until he wins more championships I think it's way too soon to be calling him the greatest QB ever.
    You obviously love him and want to share your admiration of him with the rest of us.
    Again, no problem with that.
    I just prefer to judge him, as well as other QBs, based on big wins rather than just being our QB only.
    I guess I'd rather go with facts then with feelings.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion! While championships are a great measure any athlete's success, there is always more to look at. For example, I said how greatly I value the eye test, and having watched every game Aaron has ever played, I believe he can do things on the football field few others have ever been able to do. His combination of talents is literally perfect for the position. And he HAS one a championship, and is hopefully on his way to winning more. The piece is also a prediction, not just a statement. But you are, of course, welcome to disagree, as it is a very strong and arguable claim I am making

17. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    This is VERY good point, I actually wrestled with not even including that if I wasn't going to explain it, thinking about editing that out, was just trying to highlight that I was in an unfamiliar place.

18. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +30
    This made me come to the realization that I included NO weaknesses of Rodgers. This is a huge flaw in the piece, as even the best have weaknesses and they must be stated in an article like this. I might edit some weaknesses in, thanks a lot

19. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207

I agree that obviously championships are important and that they carry a lot of weight in determining the best. But, I don't think they can be the only determining factor. Because that would mean Eli Manning is twice as good as Dan Marino.

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I think Air-Run is the best regular season QB at the moment. Maybe even the best player.
    He gets a lot of admiration and respect from his peers around the league.
    That could change in a few weeks or next season though.
    To claim that he is the best of all time is a reach considering there are others who have done better in the post season.

Eli has the rings and Marino has the stats.
    Yeah, Marino is the more elite of the two and he will probably be judged as being better than Eli but Marino is overrated because he didn't win any SBs, IMO.
    I want wins not who looks better on paper.

21. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Not just twice as good, but infinitely better. Two versus zero.

I don't agree with FF's criteria. Marino is better than Eli, IMO. Bradshaw is not equally as good as Montana, nor better than Brady. The quality of the team matters. E.g. Jim McMahon has a ring due to the '85 Bears defense, etc.

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    And Jim McMahon has a second ring due to the Packers!
    Let that one sink in. :D

(Yeah, I know that it was because he was a bench warmer by that time but still...)

23. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Forgot about that! I knew he was better than all those one-ringer QBs. :)