Aaron Rodgers 2014 MVP conversation

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you put weight into pffs grading, watt looks like superman out there according to their grading.

Watt has pretty much broken their grading scale...defensive grades basically needs to be "NFL players" and then a seperate category just for Watt

H

HardRightEdge

If you put weight into pffs grading, watt looks like superman out there according to their grading.
I don't put much weight on PFF's numerical grades because they lacks transparency, are of uncertain provenance, and evidently factor in "hurries" in this case which I view skeptically.

But when you sack or hit QBs 75 times in a season, while also being pretty darn good against the run, that's outrageously good.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they dont take postseason into account but i think he locked it down yesterday with a couple of big 3rd down conversions at the end.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The votes for the MVP are cast after the regular season. Playoffs aren´t taken into consideration.
I knew the votes were cast regarding the regular season only.
I didn't know they were cast prior to the playoffs.
I was thinking that when the votes are cast, yesterdays gutty performance couldn't help but be in the back of voters minds even if wasn't supposed to be considered.
I guess casting the votes prior to the playoffs is as it should be.
Thanks for pointing that out.

H

HardRightEdge

I was thinking that when the votes are cast, yesterdays gutty performance couldn't help but be in the back of voters minds even if wasn't supposed to be considered.
The league knows that, which is why the vote is taken before the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers has been named the Pro Football Writers Association 2014 MVP. Just to clarify this isn´t the more coveted AP MVP which will be announced at the NFL Honors on the eve of the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you spending the winter in an isolated cabin with JJ?:sneaky:
I don't plan on it, I try to avoid being in cabins in the woods with just another man

But I legit could see him doing that as he mentioned. He's obsessive about his training

Members online

Latest posts