Aaron Rodgers 2014 MVP conversation

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure his o line and back ups feel like his the real MVP after getting them tvs, a tablet, and beats headphones.

Shields gave the other DBs ugg boots (hey tom brady!)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't this award come out before the season/playoffs are over. If so, it would be better if they waited.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will win the award (unless he throws like five interceptions against Lions and comes out of the tunnel wearing a ********) but I gotta say, I think Watt should win. He's by FAR the best defensive player in the NFL, and a case can easily be made that he's already one of the best ever.

Just think it sucks that non-QB players aren't really eligible for the MVP. I mean, Watt has now had two of the best defensive seasons in NFL history and neither year will he actually have a shot at the MVP.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will win the award (unless he throws like five interceptions against Lions and comes out of the tunnel wearing a ********) but I gotta say, I think Watt should win. He's by FAR the best defensive player in the NFL, and a case can easily be made that he's already one of the best ever.

Just think it sucks that non-QB players aren't really eligible for the MVP. I mean, Watt has now had two of the best defensive seasons in NFL history and neither year will he actually have a shot at the MVP.

That's what DPOY is for. Take Rodgers off the Packers. Take Watt off the Texans. I mean, that's the entire purpose of the award. Who is most valuable to their team. Without Rodgers, the Pack go from an elite team vying for a 1 seed to a team that probably isn't even sniffing the postseason. Without Watt, the Texans go from mediocre to... slightly more mediocre.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what DPOY is for. Take Rodgers off the Packers. Take Watt off the Texans. I mean, that's the entire purpose of the award. Who is most valuable to their team. Without Rodgers, the Pack go from an elite team vying for a 1 seed to a team that probably isn't even sniffing the postseason. Without Watt, the Texans go from mediocre to... slightly more mediocre.
I think we all saw last year what taking Rodgers off the team does for the Packers. He alone shifts the balance of the game. He is without a doubt the MVP of this league.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the argument "take him off the team", but then that's just reflective of how much depth the gm gives the position. I mean Carson Palmer looks hella valuable right now

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uhhmm, Watt has like seven touchdowns and is, literally, blocked by three players on every play. The Texans actually have a chance at the playoffs and it's entirely due to Watt. I get it, it's a Packers board. But Rodgers isn't having one of the top seven years ever at his position while Watt is. Try to be objective.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we all saw last year what taking Rodgers off the team does for the Packers. He alone shifts the balance of the game. He is without a doubt the MVP of this league.

That just means you have a crummy backup. Is Brady a mediocre quarterback because Cassell did well on the Patriots?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhmm, Watt has like seven touchdowns and is, literally, blocked by three players on every play. The Texans actually have a chance at the playoffs and it's entirely due to Watt. I get it, it's a Packers board. But Rodgers isn't having one of the top seven years ever at his position while Watt is. Try to be objective.

Watt doesn't play quarterback and his team is barely relevant. He has almost zero chance. Try to be... realistic. He'll win DPOY and be a happy camper.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watt doesn't play quarterback and his team is barely relevant. He has almost zero chance. Try to be... realistic. He'll win DPOY and be a happy camper.

As I said,I think Rodgers will win. I just wish they'd rename the MVP to "Best QB". Again, Watt is doing things at his position that have only been done once before (by him, two years ago). I just think that deserves more than DPOY. Just an opinion, one I know that's not shared by all.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Watt isnt that far off from the MVP. A great game by him and a bad game by Rodgers and he probably has it.

I bet he gets multiple MVP votes, which is nothing short of amazing.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I would say that he is near there. Looking at the top 10 QBR ratings of all time, this one for Rodgers is tied for #9 at 111. I may add that of Rodgers 5 ints, 3 were in the WR's hands and bounced out. Not Rodger's fault.

I haven't watched enough of Texans, so I won't weigh in on the merit of Watt for MVP.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I would say that he is near there. Looking at the top 10 QBR ratings of all time, this one for Rodgers is tied for #9 at 111. I may add that of Rodgers 5 ints, 3 were in the WR's hands and bounced out. Not Rodger's fault.

I haven't watched enough of Texans, so I won't weigh in on the merit of Watt for MVP.

Actually, 4 were off deflections. He's thrown 1 'clean' INT all season.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 touched the ball every offensive play, the other doesn't. One impacts the playoffs, one doesn't. Which one deserves it?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been pro JJ as long as anyone here but Rodgers is more valuable. If TT called the texans and offered them Rodgers for Watt straight up the Texans would leap at that opportunity.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Ive been pro JJ as long as anyone here but Rodgers is more valuable. If TT called the texans and offered them Rodgers for Watt straight up the Texans would leap at that opportunity.

Texans are automatically a playoff team with Aaron Rodgers and win there division. A lot of pieces in place in Houston.

I don't think we get past Detroit this year in the division with Watt and Flynn at QB which puts us most likely out of the playoffs.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a long write up this morning, Peter King declared he split his vote between Rodgers and Watt

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts