Aaron Rodgers 2014 MVP conversation

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....according to the analist micheal irvin, jay cutler will be the mvp, so all of us are wrong.

It just never ends with the Cutler love. He'll retire having done nothing. It just kills me that year after year people pick him and the Bears to win it and tell us THIS is their year! ...and when anyone calls them out on it WE'RE the ones that are not informed! lol

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Manning, Luck, Murray, Rivers

I gotta think Murray gets it if he continues at this pace. Just given the transformation of that offense and the role he plays, he's gotta be seen as a front runner for the MVP at this point.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta think Murray gets it if he continues at this pace. Just given the transformation of that offense and the role he plays, he's gotta be seen as a front runner for the MVP at this point.

If he rushes for 2,000 yards and the Cowboy continue their success, I definitely think they'll give it to him. If he slows down at all though, the edge always seems to go to the quarterback.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching "First Take" at lunch. Skip Bayless just said on national T.V. that Tony Romo is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. And I thought Jay Cutler was the only dumb alum from Vanderbilt.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that Aaron is at least more focused on another ring vs another MVP
12 is a smart cat. I am sure he is well aware of the fact that SB rings are worth a lot more than MVP's when talking about ones legacy. When you win multiple titles you elevate yourself into a different category and while MVP's are nice and all I think 12 has his mind set on one and one thing only...another title. If he can rip off at least one if not (fingers crossed) 2 or 3 more he will cement his legacy and come careers end force his way into the all-time great debate. I know I am getting ahead of the game a little but that's what sites like this are for sometimes, no?!?! His skill set is as good as anyone to ever play the position and when you factor in his TD/INT ratio and the amount of "no he didn't" throws I feel confident that if the titles are there he will truly be remembered as one of the best to ever play the position. Bottom line is I have all the confidence in the world that AR has his blinders on and if this D can maintain it's current play and gradually improve as the season progresses this team is going to be one helluva out come playoff time!

Side note: You can't tell me that he covets that second ring if nothing else but to be able to shake 4's hand one day and say, "why are you only wearing one ring, Brett?" Hahahaha I kid, I kid but I do think the fact that multiple titles would give him more than Brett serves as at least a touch of motivation...GPG!

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayless......what else can you say other than blow hard. Dallas knows that Romo cannot lead this team to victory with the weight of the team on his shoulders so it has to run the ball and keep the pressure off of him or he will choke. I.E. our comeback win last year against the Cowboys when he was trying to throw the ball to put us away

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching "First Take" at lunch. Skip Bayless just said on national T.V. that Tony Romo is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. And I thought Jay Cutler was the only dumb alum from Vanderbilt.

He has been anti-Rodgers from day one. My mom is a rabid Packer fan and she watches ESPN all day. She gives me a weekly report on Bayless's latest anti-Rodgers rants. That guy is a complete idiot. Not just because of this... he just is. I love how Richard Sherman and a couple other players have just destroyed him when interviewed. Skip Bayless clearly says this stuff just to get people talking about him ...and it works. ...or...maybe he really is that stupid.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been anti-Rodgers from day one. My mom is a rabid Packer fan and she watches ESPN all day. She gives me a weekly report on Bayless's latest anti-Rodgers rants. That guy is a complete idiot. Not just because of this... he just is. I love how Richard Sherman and a couple other players have just destroyed him when interviewed. Skip Bayless clearly says this stuff just to get people talking about him ...and it works. ...or...maybe he really is that stupid.
A W in our column speaks much more louder than what he or any other critic says.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably a combination of the two. At least a 50/50 split.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip knows what he is doing. He is like any shock radio host be it political or sports. People like Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh, Jim Rome, etc. trying to do the exact thing because you know who pays attention to these people, a lot of Americans. You think the logical guy on NPR or the average sports reporter that displays no bias gets that attention? Nope. It pays to be a dope.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think DeMarco is the favorite for MVP followed by Peyton and then Aaron at this point. Hard to pass up the running back that is having the best career start. If he sustains this, he will be MVP.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Think JJ Watt should be in consideration. He has been amazing on defense and has really given the Texans hope. Kind of hope Manning just fades away this season really getting sick of seeing him everywhere. Murray seems to be a likely candidate, and Rodgers well if he keeps the int/TD ratio that he has right now I don't see why not.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of MVP, I think by season's end it's going to come down to Manning (Payton) and Aaron Rodgers. I think Watt and De Marco should have their hats in the ring but none are at the elite level of play as Manning and Rodgers respectively. You have to factor in consistency as well.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Factoring in consistency it would be the first one to falls is the first one out of the ring. Rodgers, Manning, DeMarco have all been pretty darn consistent in being very good.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you happen to know of a clip online of that? I want to see Stephen A. Smith's reaction.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Rodgers being considered the greatest of all time one day, he needs to win at least one more Super Bowl. I think you need at least two.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Rodgers being considered the greatest of all time one day, he needs to win at least one more Super Bowl. I think you need at least two.
Dan Marino is one of the greats and has never won a Super Bowl, same thing with Berry Sanders no SB ring.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dan Marino is one of the greats and has never won a Super Bowl, same thing with Berry Sanders no SB ring.

I'm talking about the quarterback position, there is a higher expectation of championships. And about being the GREATEST of all time. People consider Marino to be one of the greatest, but I don't know anyone who consider him singularly the greatest. Same thing with Favre. You'll see him in the top 10 of all time on a lot of rankings but almost never #1. Who is usually considered #1 of all time? Sometimes Montana(4 titles), Brady(3 titles), Unitas(3 titles), Elway(2 titles). It is much more rare to hear of someone with only one or less titles as the greatest ever. And frankly I think the greatest ever should have at least two.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts