1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Rodgers #1 on Jaws QB list

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vladimirr, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I'll be the first to admit when there is another QB who is better. But right now he is the best in the league.

3. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    I assume that Brees was #2? Both guys are phenomenal with only minor flaws and are pretty even overall

4. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294

I absolutely agree with this. The one big difference between the two, is that Brees is far more hesitant in his footwork, where Rodgers' is nearly textbook perfect in that department. We almost never see Rodgers shuffle his feet and dance around in his pocket stance, or pat the ball a bunch of times, when checking down and reading his reads across the field. Brees does that a lot. Other than that, I'd say their arm strength, accuracy, and other great intangibles are all equal.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Brees is guilty of forcing the ball too much, and he always has more interceptions.....

I used to always have Manning above Brady, but the playoff work of Manning over his career has got me thinking big picture, it's Brady #2. But I can live with either guy being #2, behind Rodgers.

#4 should be Brees, but Jaws has Flacco ahead of Brees shockingly.

6. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294

Well ... I was never that high on Flacco myself, but the fact is, he did beat a very, very good SF team in the Super Bowl and that included engineering several impressive drives, etc. He'll never have that taken away from him. He might not be top 5 in the NFL, but he's definitely worthy of being in the top 10, at this point, I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,489
    I did see that Jaws ranked Manning #2 behind Rodgers. Flacco is not Top5. I just won't accept it yet. Not when you have Rodgers, Brady, PManning, Brees, and Matt Ryan/EManning

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Rodgers
    Brady
    P. Manning
    Brees
    Ryan
    E. Manning
    Flaco
    Rothlisberger
    Shaub
    Romo

That is my order for top 10. No RGIII, R. wilson due to the fact that we don't know if the 2nd year slump will get either guy. They have to prove some consistancy in my book, one year is not enough.

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Manning is a bit Favre-esque in the playoffs with a 9 and 11 record and 21 interceptions thrown. Even in his Super Bowl year he threw only 3 TDs against 7 ints in the 4 games. The Colts beat KC and Baltimore in those playoffs with Manning throwing 1 TD and 5 interceptions. How did they win?
    A lot of these rankings fit more in fantasy football than in real football, where the truly great ones win Championships. Hence, Bart Starr will always be no. 1 in my mind.

10. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Who is better after five years, Favre or Rodgers?

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130719/PKR0101/130719046/Who-better-Brett-Favre-Aaron-Rodgers-

11. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    I agree that Peyton's been rather pedestrian in the postseason, but it's a bit misleading to cite his playoff record without acknowledging the number of first round byes he's led teams to.

Why is Matt Ryan in everyone's top five?

12. MidnightToker

MidnightToker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tbone

Tbone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Favre had a much better running game and defense to work with in his early years. The 96' team had the #1 defense in the league and Bennett/Levens combo was great. DuJuan Harris and James Starks? 2010 had a good defense but they've been terrible since. Rodgers' has put up 96 points in his 3 playoff losses....defense has given up 133 points in those losses! Think about that, 41 points a game, pathetic. I agree that winning trumps most things, but when Rodgers performs the way he does in the playoffs he deserves to win.

• Agree Agree x 1