1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Kampman

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yea. Kampman is a solid dependable player that can play Pass and Run solid. I don't think he's a 'game breaker' guy but if you slip up making sure he's blocked well he could really do some damage.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He's not a super star (yet) but he's VERY consistant! You know he will give his all every down.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Agree with many posts here. Kampman should not be paid like a superstar because he isn't one at this stage of his career. I would look for him to get a 3 or 4 year deal from someone and if his play continues to rise, he'll get one shot at a "mega-bucks" kind of deal. I just hope the Packers pay for his services for the next few years because of his motor and playmaking skills...

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kampmann is an intelligent team oriented player who lives in Green Bay all year(one of only a few). He has produced more each year and is not injury prone.

It makes so much sense to sign him that it worries me a bit that he might not be "part of the future." The Packers are "going a different direction" this year and TED has promised "more roster turnover than last year" when there was 40% roster turnover.

Market price may be more than TED wants to pay. DE Tag is 4 million. His contribution to the team is worth more than Bubba Franks. If Aaron gets handled like Bubba last year, then Green Bay becomes a place much less friendly to players.

I sure want AK-47 defending Packer territory next year. Oops meant AK74.

5. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, VikeFan....but NOBODY looks good in purple!

6. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Kampy a lot and for all the reasons already listed. However, I also agree he's not a real explosive or impact type player. If they plan on drafting Mario Williams, would it be prudent to spend several Million on Kampy as well?? That's a lot of eggs in one basket isn't??

7. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My question is if we draft Mario Williams then how do we play him, KGB and Kampman. I see Kampman as being a two down player with KGB on passing downs and Williams starting most plays. That makes Kampman less valuable as a part time player.

8. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that's the question. Williams plays the same side as Kampy. So again, do you put that much money into one position when you have needs across the board?? I would think we'll see more of Monty for KGB this year which will hopefully make him better on 3rd downs?