Aaron Kampman

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yea. Kampman is a solid dependable player that can play Pass and Run solid. I don't think he's a 'game breaker' guy but if you slip up making sure he's blocked well he could really do some damage.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with many posts here. Kampman should not be paid like a superstar because he isn't one at this stage of his career. I would look for him to get a 3 or 4 year deal from someone and if his play continues to rise, he'll get one shot at a "mega-bucks" kind of deal. I just hope the Packers pay for his services for the next few years because of his motor and playmaking skills...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampmann is an intelligent team oriented player who lives in Green Bay all year(one of only a few). He has produced more each year and is not injury prone.

It makes so much sense to sign him that it worries me a bit that he might not be "part of the future." The Packers are "going a different direction" this year and TED has promised "more roster turnover than last year" when there was 40% roster turnover.

Market price may be more than TED wants to pay. DE Tag is 4 million. His contribution to the team is worth more than Bubba Franks. If Aaron gets handled like Bubba last year, then Green Bay becomes a place much less friendly to players.

I sure want AK-47 defending Packer territory next year. Oops meant AK74.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Kampy a lot and for all the reasons already listed. However, I also agree he's not a real explosive or impact type player. If they plan on drafting Mario Williams, would it be prudent to spend several Million on Kampy as well?? That's a lot of eggs in one basket isn't??

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is if we draft Mario Williams then how do we play him, KGB and Kampman. I see Kampman as being a two down player with KGB on passing downs and Williams starting most plays. That makes Kampman less valuable as a part time player.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's the question. Williams plays the same side as Kampy. So again, do you put that much money into one position when you have needs across the board?? I would think we'll see more of Monty for KGB this year which will hopefully make him better on 3rd downs?

Members online

Latest posts