Aaron Kampman

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cleveland Plains Dealer (newspaper) is reporting that the Browns will make a strong push to lure Kampman to the "Mistake by the Lake".

Personally, I think the signing of Kampman is imperative for the Pack. Not just for his physical talents, but his leadership qualities and tone-setting work ethic. If ever there has been a player in recent Packers' history who has worked hard for, and is much deserving of, a big raise in a multi-year deal, it is AK.

I will officially be pissed if TT lets this kid lose.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought there was a long term deal for him in the works right before the season ended...what ever happened to that?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea digs....and the guy HAS talent. There was a good article on the Packer website about how everybody says this guy has "a great motor", but as they pointed out he also has a ton of talent to go with that motor. He is getting better every year.......a MUST SIGN.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They couldn't get together but I never saw anything as to why. I hope we can keep him also even if we draft Williams.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I view AK as a "message sending" signing. Basically, it tells EVERYONE, that if you work hard and put in the effort you will prosper in GB.

I am not saying overpay, but pay where he should be paid.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't say that Kampman is a key signing but I do believe that it would send the correct message to all players. If you work hard, play well, and have talent, we want you and will pay a fair market value.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman needs to remain a Packer. The message will also be sent if he goes somewhere else for players..."give a year or two of strong play to generate interest and get the heck out of GB". I'd hate to see that...I hope Kampman gets the deal he deserves.

I still remember the game against Minny on MNF...AK was an animal even though the team came up short. Does anyone remember a dominant D-Line performance by a single player like that post-Reggie White???

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect Kampman to be signed. Sanders did a fine job working with him and wants to solidify the D line. Perhaps get Grady as well and draft the Hawk to a much needed weak LB corps.

Also wondering if Thomas can stay healthy he could still help.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This long time Packer fan says as I said last year, Kampman will be back with the Packers. The Packers have the salary Cap money this season unlike last year. The Packers will pay him, they always have done well keeping their core players.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
This long time Packer fan says as I said last year, Kampman will be back with the Packers. The Packers have the salary Cap money this season unlike last year. The Packers will pay him, they always have done well keeping their core players.

You're a long time Packer fan? I was unaware of that :p Got Bob Harlans number for me? or his e-mail?

I agree with you totally that Kampman will be back. He's simply a impact player the Packers D desperately needs.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems to have nothing but an up side. They NEED guys like him that play ******* EVERY down! Hopefully, they will "Get er dun!!!"

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
He seems to have nothing but an up side. They NEED guys like him that play ******* EVERY down! Hopefully, they will "Get er dun!!!"

Agreed. They need to get him on a long term contract.This type of player is the future of our team.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, right...the Vikes tried to get him once (or just as a ploy to get the Packers to spend a little more cap space). It was a good move by the Vikes I have to admit but Kampman isn't a traitor like Darren Sharper! LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! And i don't think Sharper is any closer to a Super Bowl ring then he was before! Wouldn't it be poetic justice if the Packers did win it all next season? (I can dream, can't i???)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper to Kampman: "Now Aaron, this is the FRONT of the boat.........all the GOOD stuff happens in the BACK of the boat." :lol:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Sharper to Kampman: "Now Aaron, this is the FRONT of the boat.........all the GOOD stuff happens in the BACK of the boat." :lol:
He can have Culpepper's spot on the boat, as Pep will be in Oakland next season.
[....."Culpeppers spot on the boat" Ewwww!]

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
cheesey said:
He can have Culpepper's spot on the boat, as Pep will be in Oakland next season.
[....."Culpeppers spot on the boat" Ewwww!]

Holy cow - never considered that possibility - Culpepper and Moss together again. Hey - Tice didn't get signed on yet did he? And Oakland is still looking for a HC...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman is certainly a very nice player. I'd love to have him and I hope we can find a way to sign him. Here is the problem. You can't pay him as a superstar because he's not. He's a superb role player who works hard. He's also a realy fine leader and wonderful example of what hard work can do for a player with average talent. You want to sign this guy for a lot of reasons, but I believe other teams will see in him what we all see and someone will overpay him. I hope he's back, but I doubt he will be. TT seems to be sending a message that the days of overpaying average players with a good attitude are over.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB is more of a role player than Kampman. Kampman can play every down fairly well. Not great, but he's a good starter. I don't see him asking megabucks. Just in case, TT should look at getting a deal done with him before the FA season starts. That way they won't have to worry about a bidding war with any other team.

Members online

Latest posts