Aaron Kampman

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman was hardly an impact in the post season. He started out the regular season on such a tear. 11 sacks in the first 11 games. But he only managed 1 sack the rest of the season and NONE in the playoffs. WTF?? Where did he go?

I like Kampman and I think he's a beast. But man, I thought our stars were supposed to shine the brightest on the biggest stages.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman was hardly an impact in the post season. He started out the regular season on such a tear. 11 sacks in the first 11 games. But he only managed 1 sack the rest of the season and NONE in the playoffs. WTF?? Where did he go?

I like Kampman and I think he's a beast. But man, I thought our stars were supposed to shine the brightest on the biggest stages.

Coaches in Playoffs are generally a lot smarter than they'll be in the regular season. Just say for a minute that you're Mike Holmgren or Tom Coughlin. Would you want your QB killed by Kampman? Of course not. So you'll find every possible way to minimize his impact.

That's what they did. I saw him doubled up a lot in both games, and especially on running plays. They tried to avoid him when running.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same can be said for Kerney from the Seattle game. All I heard before that game was Kerney, Kerney, Kerney...He was a huge non-factor, probably becasue of game planning.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if they were double teaming him, we should've captilized on that and our other rushers should have taken over. He seemingly dissapeared over the last half of the season.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if they were double teaming him, we should've captilized on that and our other rushers should have taken over. He seemingly dissapeared over the last half of the season.

Injuries to Jolly and Cole probably contributed to the struggles of our pass rush down the stretch. Guys like Peterson and Pickett were playing more minutes than they usually do, and if you can't collapse the pocket it doens't matter what your DEs do.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Kampy hasn't been the same since he tweaked his back before the Dallas game or so, they haven't pointed to it, but check the stats to when he appeared on the injury report. Doesn't appear to be playing with the same intensity.. my opinion is that there is a correlation between the two.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries can be HUGE. Especially the back when you are a football player. Plus, in the playoffs, you are playing the TOP teams, who also got there because they are good.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman generally slows down towards the end of the season. Things take their toll on him and like any threatening DE, they can be gameplanned against.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same can be said for Kerney from the Seattle game. All I heard before that game was Kerney, Kerney, Kerney...He was a huge non-factor, probably becasue of game planning.

Exactly.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:

Injuries to Jolly and Cole probably contributed to the struggles of our pass rush down the stretch. Guys like Peterson and Pickett were playing more minutes than they usually do, and if you can't collapse the pocket it doens't matter what your DEs do.

Bingo! That is why you can never have enough depth at that position. I cannot wait to see Jolly play again!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF happened to GJ asx well??

Gregorious was double covered all day vs the Giants.
If I remember correctly, he did score twice against the Hawks. Coughlin didn't want to make the same mistake.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Kampan, he is playing great football and I think he will be good in 08

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampy hasn't been the same since he tweaked his back before the Dallas game or so, they haven't pointed to it, but check the stats to when he appeared on the injury report. Doesn't appear to be playing with the same intensity.. my opinion is that there is a correlation between the two.

Yeah that's pretty good observation. He did get pressure on Eli early on in the game but after that he seemed a little worn down. I seem to recall reading something that said Kampman played a higher percentage of snaps for his team on defense than just about any other player in the league or close to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts