Aaron Kampman Is Now A Jaguar

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
GREAT news.

Best possible situation. Get him out of the conference.

I felt pretty sure he'd be in Vikes purple or Bears blue next year, so this worked out fantastically.

BT90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville will be lucky to have him. He'll be a great addition to that defense. It's sad to see Kampman go but i'm glad he didn't go somewhere in the division or even in the conference.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a good deal fro GB that he is out of the conference i agree. willing to bet he will not last a year and i am sure that indy will dominate so no worries about him getting a ring before he retires. i have the utmost of respect for kampo and wish him well

no1jag904

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even more excited now about this signing from reading the comments on him from you guys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck Aaron you will be missed

No1jag

You got a fantastic player and person...

He will always do his best and I think you will not be disapointed

He just didnt fit our new scheme and thats a shame

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Truth. GREAT passrusher, I too am glad to see him not in purple.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will surely miss Kampman the SACKman, but I hope this one turns for the best. Best of luck to him, great player and an even better guy.

AK74

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn... Really didn't want him to leave.

Good Luck, Aaron! I know you also had the Packers' best interest in mind when you signed with them. You're not going to be playing us this year. If you'd signed with the Eagles, that wouldn't be the case. You could've signed with the dradful bears, and stayed nearer you home.

But you didn't. And for that, and for everything you've done for us, I still admire you.

Here's to hoping you have all the sucess you had with us!

We'll miss you, AK74!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow what can i say, the Jags got a wonderful player this year. I hope he has continued success for the rest of his career. Hope that he one day returns to green bay so we can retire his number.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even more excited now about this signing from reading the comments on him from you guys.

Yeah, Kampman's a beast! Plus, he doesn't quit on plays, like certain other DE's in the league we know. ::cough::peppers::cough::. And he's a true humanitarian and all around classy guy. You guys lucked out. Treat him well.

packers1517

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this wouldn't be so bad if I didn't just get an AK74 authentic jersey last year for christmas. He is def one of my fav players, never thought I'd see him go.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best of both worlds, Kampman gets paid in a defense that will let him thrive and he is in the AFC. Best of luck to him.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's very unfortunate that Kampman was hurt. GB didn't receive any compensation for him in the form of picks which we could have used this year and based on the NFL's view of GB players we'll probably end up with a 5th, 6th or 7th Round Compensatory Pick providing we don't sign someone of equal or grater value. He should bring back nothing less then the highest compensatory pick (3rd rounder), but we'll see!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This truly is a sad day. It's gut-wrenching when players move on but this one is more so for me. It's great when players surprise you & exceed expectations. Kampman certainly is one of the best Day 2 picks to wear the Green & Gold in recent memory.

There's a certain quality players possess that are intangible to players around them - they lead by example. They aren't outspoken but do their talking on the field. Kampman is such a player. He isn't boastful by any means & doesn't feel the need to excessively celebrate his on-field accomplishments like so many other modern players.

It's a shame that issues beyond his control sealed his fate in GB. I don't know if there's precedent in Packer history of this type of situation (management indirectly rendering a star player obsolete by their decisions) but I hope it's the last.

God Bless Aaron Kampman & the Green Bay Packers!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if his bad attitude had anything to do with the effort by the pack to sign him. since we normally take care of "packer people" I would assume so. 2 bad that he became a distraction.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if his bad attitude had anything to do with the effort by the pack to sign him. since we normally take care of "packer people" I would assume so. 2 bad that he became a distraction.

TT made him a pretty reasonable offer 5 years/$20 million. It's a very good deal given the fact he's getting older and coming off an ACL tear. Never once did he outright complain or quit on plays (ahem.. Julius Peppers) so I don't see how he was ever a distraction. Bottom line he's NOT a linebacker so the packers couldn't truly use him.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Yeah...not sure he was ever a distraction for our team. He's just not a linebacker. Still say we should have traded him the second we hired Dom Capers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys must have missed this

"Kampman never took to the new 3-4 defense of Packers coordinator Dom Capers, and his relationship with a team and a defense where he had been a leader on and off the field took a downward turn. Previously an eternally positive force in the locker room, Kampman’s position switch robbed him of enthusiasm as he took an indifferent approach to the position change that did not sit well with the Packer coaches." - Andrew Brandt

Aaron Kampman is a wanted man | National Football Post

Members online

Latest posts