A Very important announcement for season ticket holders

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, sadly we are winding down the schedule...football season always goes by so fast. With that in mind, we have some important home games coming up, and with any luck playoffs in Green Bay (yes i know, "dont talk about playoffs").
So, for all you season ticket holders that sold your seats to Giants fans...don't make that mistake again. For the love of all things holy, we need all the home field advantage we can get...which means we need the loud 12th man. And that goes for the entire season. I am still absolutely disgusted at how many giants fans were at the stadium last year. It was simply, a disgrace...where is the loyalty with those who value the almighty dolar over supporting your team? There is a long LONG LONG list of people waiting for season tickets, and you sell yours to giants fans?! Those who did that should have their season ticket privilages revoked. As a shareholder, I wish this is something I could vote on.
And I am sorry, as I know most of who I am adressing are indeed not on this board (and if they are, they should be too ashamed to admit it), but i had to get that off my chest.
Oh, and go pack go.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame stubhub and all of those other sites. Most fans likely just put their tickets up there because they want a decent price and reasonable guarantee of selling with minimal work involved. I've never done it but would bet that's how most Giants fans get their tickets.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Packers could bump the sellouts (to other teams) and move up someone on the waiting list.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Packers could bump the sellouts (to other teams) and move up someone on the waiting list.

absolutely. with the packers...you have a team with the LONGEST waiting list for season ticket holders. if a percentage of the current season ticket holders cannot appreciate how lucky they are, then they do not deserve tickets. If i were a season ticket holder and I couldnt make it to a game for whatever lousy reason i would make DAMN sure that my tickets ended up in the hands of a packers fan and NOT some broker, or opposing team fan.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutely. with the packers...you have a team with the LONGEST waiting list for season ticket holders. if a percentage of the current season ticket holders cannot appreciate how lucky they are, then they do not deserve tickets.
BINGO!!!!!!
I have never heard a shorter, sweeter, more accurate statement on any website! Sports, politics, entertainment, etc.

These season ticket holders are lucky as hell to begin with, and many of them are spoiled....
"First come, first served" shouldn't last more than a lifetime anyway.
I say they should alternate years.... next year, take the top 70,000 on the waiting list and offer them the seats.... see how it tastes.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The average season ticket holder bought their tickets years ago when the cost was nothing compared to today's prices. Today, an average season holder can't afford the package, so he sells most of the tickets either through the Packers or some other outlet, and goes to 1 or 2 games. It makes tickets available to many more people, which is a good thing; but many of them go to opposing teams' fans. Cut ticket prices and the problem goes away.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing: The NFL should drop the requirement for season ticket holders to buy preseason games as part of the package. Put the preseason games on the open market and let those without season tickets go to the games. It's simply robbery to charge full price for practice games; and it's another reason tickets are sold as often as they are.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The average season ticket holder bought their tickets years ago when the cost was nothing compared to today's prices. Today, an average season holder can't afford the package, so he sells most of the tickets either through the Packers or some other outlet, and goes to 1 or 2 games. It makes tickets available to many more people, which is a good thing; but many of them go to opposing teams' fans. Cut ticket prices and the problem goes away.

if thats the case, ...if a season-ticket holder fan only goes to 1 or 2 games then their season ticket privelages should be over. There are PLENTY of people waiting in line for season tickets that would go to more than 1 or 2 games. That's only a quarter of home games. I live in PA and we make it out there one time each year, if I had season tickets i would be out there for all 8 games. The only reason I don't have my name on the list is because I know I will never get the privelage

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if thats the case, ...if a season-ticket holder fan only goes to 1 or 2 games then their season ticket privelages should be over. There are PLENTY of people waiting in line for season tickets that would go to more than 1 or 2 games. That's only a quarter of home games. I live in PA and we make it out there one time each year, if I had season tickets i would be out there for all 8 games. The only reason I don't have my name on the list is because I know I will never get the privelage
Glad you have the resources to do so much travel. I doubt the average person on the waiting list would treat tickets much differently than the present ticket holders. BTW, the Packers keep 10% of all resale proceeds done through the organization, so you can thank the people selling tickets for so generously giving back to the team.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad you have the resources to do so much travel. I doubt the average person on the waiting list would treat tickets much differently than the present ticket holders. BTW, the Packers keep 10% of all resale proceeds done through the organization, so you can thank the people selling tickets for so generously giving back to the team.

I am not wealthy by any means, so we do have to save up for that one trip...but here's the thing, there is a simple economics explanation here...its the law of supply and demand. why are tickets so high? high demand and limited seating. there are too many fans who don't have a chance at season tickets, hence the high price. So if someone is holding on to their season ticket rights while only going to 1 or 2 games they are doing a dis-service to other fans while they sell their tickets to broker agencies/opposing team fans. The packers are the MOST in-demand ticket, there should ONLY be packers fans in that stadium.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is a simple economics explanation here...its the law of supply and demand.

Yes, that is the justification for exorbitant ticket prices in the NFL. The Packers raised ticket prices this year after a record profit year. So why are you against season ticket holders selling tickets to recoup their investment? I, too, would like to see only Packer fans in the seats, but I can understand why people sell their tickets. It's also the reason opposing stadiums are filled with Packer fans week after week.

Gotta go watch the Badgers crush Nebraska.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know a few people who have tickets and if they can't go, they sell to family/friends

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a few people who have tickets and if they can't go, they sell to family/friends
I know season ticket holders who give their tickets to family/friends; or who donate them to school fundraisers. But the fact remains, the season ticket price is simply too much for a lot of owners to afford, so they sell enough games to pay for them. Another thing, there's a lot of tickets owned by people who plan to sell them every week. A guy in Shawano owns 350 tickets, and became famous when he sent a check for ~$400,000 to the Packers for the seat licenses associated with the Lambeau renovation. If you're ever looking for a ticket, he's the guy to call.

H

HardRightEdge

The financial incentives are such that the blame (if there is any blame to dole out) should be placed on the team and not the resellers of tickets.

It starts with the fact that getting on the waiting list is free. Where else can you get a long dated option to buy something at 1/4 of current market value with zero cost to you? Getting on the list is a no brainer for people with a pure profit motive. Making matters worse, the rise of internet ticket brokering has eliminated all of the practical barriers to reselling.

How about if the Packers charged an annual fee to be on the list? Now there's a cost associated with waiting, and a risk/reward proposition that must be weighed as in any other free market. The waiting list would shrink dramatically. The list would more heavily tilt toward people with non-economic incentives...fans who want to go to football games.

Why wouldn't the team do this? Because they like having the big waiting list. The illusion of scarcity and high demand underpins ticket prices. And they would **** off a lot of fans initially, but I think as the list shrinks fans would see the virtues of this move.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^An interesting thought on annual fees...but make no mistake, the list would still be long. There is no illusion of scarcity...all you have to do is see how many people attend home games year in and year out, and a lot of them are paying WAY above face value. At the end of the day, I dont have a problem with a season ticket holder not making it to every game and having to sell their tickets occasionaly...ONLY ONLY ONLY IF THEY KNOW THEY ARE SELLING THEM ONLY TO ANOTHER PACKERS FAN. They should NEVER be allowed to put them on a broker site, because you don't know who ends up with the tickets. As a responsible fan, a season ticket holder should understand and appreciate their fortunes...and if they cant, they should lose their privalge.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing: The NFL should drop the requirement for season ticket holders to buy preseason games as part of the package. Put the preseason games on the open market and let those without season tickets go to the games. It's simply robbery to charge full price for practice games; and it's another reason tickets are sold as often as they are.

The majority of teams would see quarter filled stadiums for preseason games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The financial incentives are such that the blame (if there is any blame to dole out) should be placed on the team and not the resellers of tickets.

It starts with the fact that getting on the waiting list is free. Where else can you get a long dated option to buy something at 1/4 of current market value with zero cost to you? Getting on the list is a no brainer for people with a pure profit motive. Making matters worse, the rise of internet ticket brokering has eliminated all of the practical barriers to reselling.

How about if the Packers charged an annual fee to be on the list? Now there's a cost associated with waiting, and a risk/reward proposition that must be weighed as in any other free market. The waiting list would shrink dramatically. The list would more heavily tilt toward people with non-economic incentives...fans who want to go to football games.

Why wouldn't the team do this? Because they like having the big waiting list. The illusion of scarcity and high demand underpins ticket prices. And they would **** off a lot of fans initially, but I think as the list shrinks fans would see the virtues of this move.

Even charging $25 a year would shrink that list up asap. I wonder how many people are on the list just purely to make $ if they get tickets....

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was lucky enough to have season tickets and couldn't make it I'd GIVE them away to a fellow Packer fan before ever blindly selling them in the chance the opponent's fans scoop them up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was lucky enough to have season tickets and couldn't make it I'd GIVE them away to a fellow Packer fan before ever blindly selling them in the chance the opponent's fans scoop them up.

You might the first time, but then you pay the bill on them and get offers on tickets from people.

I sell 1 game of my badger seats, it pays 1/2 my bill to the UW.

NFL teams didn't make it about the fans, they made it about the dollar when they came up with PSLs.

Then they complain about no one coming to games anymore

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it humorous that MM had to remind fans of this, and that it's even become a discussion. We all like to believe that Lambeau holds a fan advantage, but money is money and ticketholders sell in the most convenient manner for the most money. It's unfortunate that people take those routes, but we will all have to get used to this going forward. I don't think that posts on internet forums will change any minds

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts