A true ignore feature?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First let me say I like the ignore function much better on this site than some others I frequent. That said, and I don't know if this is even possible, it would be nice if any replies made to a person on ignore were also ignored.

If I put someone on ignore threads they start and posts they make do not show up but when someone replies to them their posts show up without the ignored persons post. It took me a while to figure out this is what was happening when I would read a post that just didn't make sense but it clear now. The problem is the reply posts still show up and now make things even more confusing. its almost better to not ignore them that way its easier to tell what replies are worth ignoring as well.

Like I said, its probably not even possible but it sure would be nice if nothing referring to an ignored person would show up.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

First let me say I like the ignore function much better on this site than some others I frequent. That said, and I don't know if this is even possible, it would be nice if any replies made to a person on ignore were also ignored.

If I put someone on ignore threads they start and posts they make do not show up but when someone replies to them their posts show up without the ignored persons post. It took me a while to figure out this is what was happening when I would read a post that just didn't make sense but it clear now. The problem is the reply posts still show up and now make things even more confusing. its almost better to not ignore them that way its easier to tell what replies are worth ignoring as well.

Like I said, its probably not even possible but it sure would be nice if nothing referring to an ignored person would show up.

Sadly it isn`t, and if you are like me (I`m admitting a serious fault here) you can`t resist taking a look at what the person said....lol It`s not a flawless system but it`s the best we have for now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing is once in a while they'll actually be a thread starter and it will take off with discussion, but if they're ignored you'll never see any of it even from all the others you usually converse with. It doesn't happen often, but it has.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I like Sschind's suggestion, which is much like Twitter or FB, once you put someone on ignore, both parties are permanently cutoff from reading what the other one wrote.

I don't take the ignore feature lightly, so it is super annoying that I put someone on ignore, they are fully aware of that I did, yet they continue to respond to my postings. Childish behavior on their part yes, but totally preventable by changing the feature.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
much like Twitter or FB
Twitter and FB are large enough players to write their own software or at least heavily influence the developers of the software they use. We OTOH use what is available. Robdog before and @Shaggy now turn on and off checkmarks to enable/disable features to get the board we all know and love. If you find a better OP/SYS then PM Shaggy so he can check it out. Several boards I use went to Discourse last summer and it is slowly growing on me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Twitter and FB are large enough players to write their own software or at least heavily influence the developers of the software they use. We OTOH use what is available. Robdog before and @Shaggy now turn on and off checkmarks to enable/disable features to get the board we all know and love. If you find a better OP/SYS then PM Shaggy so he can check it out. Several boards I use went to Discourse last summer and it is slowly growing on me.

The last time I saw Shaggy he was going to look into it. My post wasn't an offer to fix it, just a suggestion. I get it, we don't always get what we want and the price we pay to be members of this site is hard to complain about. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts