A trade I would propose

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offer DEtroit or Cleveland our #1, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Moll and next year #1 OR #2 for their pick and take Calvin Johnson and have a premier WR for the next ten years.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moll is a capable OL but start there, would even consider another OL except Colledge or Spitz. But both these teams need QB, OL and throw in draft picks and we could negotiate from there. I just think this guy is worth it, NFL network described him as Moss or Owens ability in prime with Marvin Harrison work ethic

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think either the Browns and especially the Lions would take this deal anyways.

If your saying to move up for Calvin Johnson then I'd be all for that but Tony Moll?? Come on. He's a good fit for the zone blocking scheme because he's athletic but in a man to man scheme he'd get pushed around all game long.

To move up to the Browns for example I'm guessing something along the lines of

16th overall pick
2008 1st round pick
2008 2nd round pick
2007 3rd round pick
Aaron Rodgers

and I still believe it could take another 1st Day pick. Rodgers is only valued as a 3rd or 4th rounder in all likely hood.

Then maybe the Browns take the deal. That's a lot to give up even for one player. I trust that Ted Thompson can get good players out of those picks.

I'd try and hang onto the 2nd this year and I'd take Drew Stanton with the pick and groom him behind Favre for a year or two then.

Realistically though none of this will happen but it's fun to talk about :)

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell would the Browns want with Rodgers? They already have 1 young QB with average talent in Charlie Frye. The only move they would possibly make for a QB is replacing Frye with a vet (possible) or drafting one of the 2 guys with bigger upside than Frye (unlikely, though Quinn could be possible.) The Lions have struggled too much lately to pass up the chance at an elite talent. Both the Lions and Browns are under a lot of pressure to turn it around and start winning now.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Moll is hardly Orlando Pace dude, this sounds like a Madden NFL cheese trade!

Reaction score
First off, I can't see the Lions trading with some team in their own division. So I'd go after the Browns pick.

I think porky's hypothetical offer is more realistic pax, and going by that I WOULD do the trade.

I'd make one minor adjustment though, I'd offer a 2007 2nd rounder instead of the 2007 3rd rounder.

In return, in addition to the Browns #3 overall pick, I'd ask for QB Derek Anderson, and thus he'd be the QB that the Packers groom to replace Favre.

Johnson may have a Reggie Bush type impact, he'd sorely give us speed, size, and big play ability that we have been lacking.

A 3rd round pick would allow us to target a RB or a TE (one I like is Michael Allan from a D-II school).

So say we get a TE, then at least we bolster our depth, and Johnson is an immediate player. We are retooled to take one more legit shot at the SB with Brett.

I'd also pray that Packers can get a couple of good players who help out serving as backups in the second day of the draft.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree in terms of throwing the vault at either of these teams for that pick...but wait till the Raiders try coming to terms with jamarcus russell, the raiders taking CJ would qualify as the biggest backfire of all time

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:
your signature says it all

What exactly is the problem with this trade, instead of just name calling.

1. Detroit won't trade with a division rival.

2. The 3rd pick is worth around 2200.

3. The 16th is worth 1000
A future first is typically worth a round lower ~ 420
Tony Moll was a fifth round pick although everyone else thought he
should gave been undrafted. ~ 34
Aaron Rodgers could fetch us a 3rd rounder at highest. ~190

4. Add up these numbers = 1644

5. Thats 554 short. Thats worth the third pick in the second round.
(Probably our 2007 2nd (420) plus next years 2nd (190).

6. So we would give up:

Aaron Rodgers (our heir apparent (sadly))

Tony Moll (a future starter at G or T)

2007 1st
2007 2nd
2008 1st
2008 2nd

That is six players for Calvin Johnson. The way TT drafts probably more like 8. The Value chart is used is from http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp .

So do I think your trade would work... NO.

I'm sorry if I insulted you. But do a little research. Your prosposal made me feel like when my sister asks me what play action was. I was amazed.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the value chart is stupid, first and foremost

it doesnt weigh the strength of draft classes...in a draft like last year, the first pick would be worth way more in trades (I'm just going to use reggie bush because he was the best player in the draft...) than in 2005 when it was Alex Smith...

Just like if you have depth in a draft class--solid talent through a few rounds, the teams would be harder-pressed to let go of their second round selections

take as an example last year when Chad Jackson fell to the Packers at #35...he was a mid first round prospect, a better value, do you think TT viewed that as 550 "draft points" or whatever the hell currency this speaks in terms of, or that he tried to get more "draft points" for it

Like i mentioned in an earlier post in this thread...say we trade for the second overall pick...say the Oakland Raiders take Calvin Johnson..."Oh ****" we all say...If we give up 2,600 value in "draft points" for Calvin Johnson, we're happy...if we give up 2,600 draft points and get stuck with Adrian Peterson, "oh ****" we all say

Or you can trade a draft pick (#80-190 points) or (#46-440 points) for example, for Randy Moss...how many "draft points" is Randy Moss worth...this is as stupid as going by Madden OV ratings...better yet I feel like I'm counting my tickets at the counter of the arcade deciding if I should trade in for the pez dispenser or the nerf basketball set...********

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts