A small update on where Justin Harrell is with his injury...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: A small update on where Justin Harrell is with his injur

Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
^ I agree

Physically I think he has the tools to be a pretty good player. I'm not sure if he has the potential to be great though. I think he can be a solid player. A Santana Dotson like player and those players, as we know, can get you a Super Bowl.

Mentally though I'm not sure what to make. He played hard in the Florida game when he did get hurt and that is something I really like about Harrell. However he can't be stupid like Daunte Culpepper. If he needs to miss a week or two of training camp then so be it. Corey Williams is probably going to start anyways on opening day. Harrell just needs to work is way into the rotation and go from there.

From the video of Justin...I always felt he reminded me more of a John Henderson.

I think Henderson has more natural gifts. In my opinion Henderson is one of the 3 best DT's in the league. If Harrell is half the player (literally) that Henderson is I'll be pretty happy with the pick.

I just think Harrell is closer to Henderson than he is Dotson and that's not a cut on Dotson. Dotson was just a different type of DT under 300 lbs. Harrell is very big and very very strong with good quickness much like a Henderson. I agree that Henderson may be one of the top 3 DT's in the league and I believe Harrell has all the tools to be up in that conversation of who's the best DT in the league. That all being said he still has to prove it on the field.

I was comparing his level of play to Dotson. Not his physical attributes. I don't think he can be one of the 3 best DT's in the league. I hope he proves me wrong but I see him as a solid starter for years but really anything beyond that would surprise me.

How can one compare his level of play to anyone? Right now all we have to go off of is physical attributes.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My main concern is at that position period. We have not had much success in DL draftees panning out. I hope he truly turns into a major OL disruptive force.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
^ I agree

Physically I think he has the tools to be a pretty good player. I'm not sure if he has the potential to be great though. I think he can be a solid player. A Santana Dotson like player and those players, as we know, can get you a Super Bowl.

Mentally though I'm not sure what to make. He played hard in the Florida game when he did get hurt and that is something I really like about Harrell. However he can't be stupid like Daunte Culpepper. If he needs to miss a week or two of training camp then so be it. Corey Williams is probably going to start anyways on opening day. Harrell just needs to work is way into the rotation and go from there.

From the video of Justin...I always felt he reminded me more of a John Henderson.

I think Henderson has more natural gifts. In my opinion Henderson is one of the 3 best DT's in the league. If Harrell is half the player (literally) that Henderson is I'll be pretty happy with the pick.

I just think Harrell is closer to Henderson than he is Dotson and that's not a cut on Dotson. Dotson was just a different type of DT under 300 lbs. Harrell is very big and very very strong with good quickness much like a Henderson. I agree that Henderson may be one of the top 3 DT's in the league and I believe Harrell has all the tools to be up in that conversation of who's the best DT in the league. That all being said he still has to prove it on the field.

I was comparing his level of play to Dotson. Not his physical attributes. I don't think he can be one of the 3 best DT's in the league. I hope he proves me wrong but I see him as a solid starter for years but really anything beyond that would surprise me.

How can one compare his level of play to anyone? Right now all we have to go off of is physical attributes.

We have college film and they even look at high school film.

Though that's not my point. My point is I think he's going to end up being a solid player like Santana Dotson was. Not one an elite DT in the NFL.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
^ I agree

We have college film and they even look at high school film.

Though that's not my point. My point is I think he's going to end up being a solid player like Santana Dotson was. Not one an elite DT in the NFL.

You're wrong! Wrong I tell you! haha jk we'll have to wait and see. I think he has the tools and work ethic to be great.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope he isnt another Jamal Reynolds. Does anybody remember if he even started a game?

Yeah, he was the starter until injury.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else worries about injuries to our DL caused by the cut blocks the OL must practice in the ZBS. Wouldn't THAT be the unkindest cut of all? How can an OL get good experience in that system if he doesn't use it extensively againest his own teammates in practice?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else worries about injuries to our DL caused by the cut blocks the OL must practice in the ZBS. Wouldn't THAT be the unkindest cut of all? How can an OL get good experience in that system if he doesn't use it extensively againest his own teammates in practice?

Was it a problem last season?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

retiredgrampa said:

Was it a problem last season?

Yes, it was. One of the reasons they gave for the slow start of the OL was the fact that they couldn't practice live cut-blocking techniques during practices and training camp for fear of injuring our own DL. They had to wait until pre-season games and into the regular season before they could really work on the timing, angles, etc.

Members online

Latest posts