1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A sign on how strange this world has become..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    First, keeping the leg no less in a smoker is odd. I can speak from experience, not something I would choose to do. But then buying the smoker and then trying to profit off it is morbid to say the least.

But alas it is getting some money to flow into a lawyers pocket is even more a sign of today's culture... no wonder the legal system is flooded with cases, everyone wants to fight it out in the courts. Thankfully he consulted an honest lawyer that didn't try to make a case of it.

Whom would want to see the smoker or the severed leg that is probably in some state of decay.

This world we live in becomes stranger and stranger by the day.

overall weird...

MAIDEN, N.C. - A South Carolina man who stored his severed leg in a barbecue smoker that was later auctioned off is locked in a custody dispute with the North Carolina man who found it.

John Wood's leg was amputated near the knee after a 2004 airplane crash. He asked doctors to give it to him so he could be buried as a whole man when he died.

The limb, which Wood had kept in the smoker in a storage facility after he lost his home, was bought by Shannon Whisnant last Tuesday in an auction held by the storage company because Wood had missed his monthly payments.

Whisnant initially gave it to police, who subsequently turned it over to a funeral home when it became clear it was not the result of foul play.

But Whisnant, who put a sign on the empty smoker charging adults $3 and children $1 for a look, now wants the leg back.

"He's making a freak show out of it," Wood told The Charlotte Observer for a Monday story. "He wants to put money in his pocket with this thing."

Whisnant, who was unsuccessful in his bid to get the leg from the funeral home, consulted with a lawyer and decided his best move was to persuade Wood to share custody and profits.

"It's a strange incident, and Halloween's just around the corner," Whisnant said. "The price will be going up if I get (a stake in) the leg."

Wood, who is heading to Maiden to pick up his leg, said the two men can meet, but he is not interested in using the leg to make money.

"I just think it's despicable," he said. "I don't mind having the 15 minutes of fame, but I'm not looking to really profit off this thing."

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh that is sick. Nothing more to say.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    That is very sick.