1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A ring tone meant to fall on deaf ears

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    neat.

my ringtone is gangster rap, yo!

(actually its the default nokia song)

3. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone has cell phones now. I was surprised that some of my friends got them this year. I mean I really don't want/need a cell phone unless its that ESPN one that gives you sports updates

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok Zero.....whats the joke??? I heard NOTHING. Is it because i'm too dang old??? I played it 3 times, and still, nothing.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "25 and can hear it"???? 25 and what???
    "has jus went off air"????? JUS??? Couldn't find the "T" on your keyboard Zero???(Oh my.....THIS is FUN!!!) And shouldn't it be "has JUST went off THE air"??? You couldn't find the "T".........so you left out the whole word "THE???" (Now.......MAYBE next time you won't make FUN of my misspelling of WOODSEN! (I mean woodsOn!!!) LOLOLOLOL!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can hear it.

I've seen judges warn people and then when it goes off again the bailiff kicks them out or they are fined for contempt of court. Then they act shocked.

If you go to movies there is at least one during the film.

Why do so many people dislike the vibrate mode?
    90% of the time mine is on vibrate.

Don't they know how to operate the phone or are they just rude and inconsiderate?

2 minutes of bad loud tune/tones (theme from Oklahoma, Mexican hat dance, Star Wars theme) during the semi-frantic search to the bottom of the purse followed by 2 minutes of explanation of how they "can't talk right now".

Now that really adds value to society.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You are SO right......again! To me, it all comes back to the "Hooray for me and F you" attitude people have today. They arn't taught manners, they are taught that THEY are "special!" So no one else's feelings matter. Thats why they have the SURPRISED look when someone DARES to question the fact that they have their phone on where it SHOULDN'T be on! They have the "But......it's MEEEE! And only I matter!" attitude. Thats how they are taught, so thats how they act. I think thats why the atheletes have that attitude too. THEY are somehow BETTER then ANYONE else. And only THEY deserve to be paid the MOST money.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

I'm 25 and can hear it. It was the link that was above the comment. Didn't think it was that difficult. My apologies.
    I spelled 'jus' just how I would have said it in person. I often say 'jus' instead of 'just'. Maybe it's a speach problem lol dunno
    "It sounds like that noise you hear when a TV channel has jus went off air." - That's exactly how I would say it to you in person. No errors there either.

Let's stick to having fun with my poor spelling of names, not me trying to type it jus as I would say it to you in person ;) --- you poopiepants --- :p

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I must go to movies more often. I can't recall ever hearing that awful noise at a movie. Are you saying the film itself has the noise or someone in the audience?

I always have my phone on vibration! ALWAYS. (heh)

10. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i don't go to the moves that often, rent alot, but I have never heard that sound

11. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    mmmm...vibrate?!? :thumbsup:

12. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't hear a thing Zero - you wouldn't be foolin' me, would you? :lol:

I'm 47 and not at all surprised! Must try to remember to try it out on my 13-year-old son.

We were at a cinema recently and he said he could hear something "squeaking" in the entrance hall - neither I or my wife had a clue what he was talking about :-? Seems as if quite a few public areas are using this type of tone to "dissuade" young people from gathering. Some local authorities have had a rather different approach - they play Barry Manilow music! (Seriously, folks :tables: )

Incidentally, I can still remember when TV channels actually used to go off air! :wink:

Chris

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm not by any stretch trying to be a smart *** here, but did you click the link and wait for it to play?

Are you saying TV channels don't go off air? I haven't stayed up that late watching TV in a long time lol (actually, havent ever watched tv that late since i got a computer few years back ha)

14. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I did indeed, Zero! 3x!

I'm afraid the inescapable conclusion is that I am "not as young as I used to be" :(

Just tried it out with my son, who is back from school! He ran from the room, holding his ears!! :wtf:

Apparently I had the volume on too loud!! :rotflmao:

Ooops!

Chris

15. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hear, hear! I didn't hear
    I'm afraid deafness is quite near.
    I just nod my head and say "Yes Dear,"
    'cause I just hear what I want to hear.

Cheesey....I'm getting packed...your hat and coffee cup are packed and I'll give you a ring when we get to Milwaukee. :p

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zero said:"Let's stick to having fun with my poor spelling of names, not me trying to type it jus as I would say it to you in person --- you poopiepants --- "
    Now......i would have thought you were really mad at me.......had you not put in the "poopiepants" comment!!! :wink: :lol:
    Hey.....I was the one that spelled Woodse.......i mean, WOODSON wrong! :lol:
    Anyway.........i put the sound up on my puter, and could't hear anything.
    I clicked on the "Can you hear this?" thing, played it 3 or 4 times.......NOTHING! Now, i do have tinitus, so maybe thats why i can't hear it.

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

lol thats why it was added ... didn't want you thinking i had sand in my poosie

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You have a ........(the word you wrote)?!?!? (I thought you were a GUY!!!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

19. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LMAO!

Ah zero, the tables have turned on you twisting other people's words... :twisted: :lol:

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    How so? He's just jealous, that is all. And I didn't twist his words around. I simply asked 'Who is Woodsen" I did not know if we signed someone new. I figured someone who claims to be a Packer fan could atleast spell WOODSON! hehe POOPIEPANTS <sarcasm>

21. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard it and it was the most annoying thing ever. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just heard it, it hurts my ears!

Zero, you could be looking at some criminal charges here buddy... :p

23. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh my.....he KNOWS! yes YES!!! I'm JEALOUS!!! YOU have a POOSI......uh....you know.....and I don't!!! Oh.......shouldn't there be a SPACE between the words "at" and "least" in your post??? I guess thats not as bad as a SPELLING ERROR, HEY???
    Oh......and its "MISTER poopiepants" to you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I worry about names, not nit pickity stuffs :)

25. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so YOU having a poosie is ok with you...not that there's anything wrong with that! :)