A question from another fan

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please explain that exact situation regarding the Packer season ticket holders owning shares of the team. How does that work, and do they have any power regarding the team and stadium decisions.

I am not sure myself with this question. You guys know?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First.....not all season ticket holders own stock in the team. I believe twice in the teams history they sold stock to stay afloat. But there is no real monetary value in the stock. It just was to help the team out at a hard time. If the Packers were ever "sold" all profits go to some charity in GB. (I don't remember which) So thats why the team will NEVER be sold, and thus "stock" is really worthless investment wise. And no, the "stockholders" have no say in what goes on there. They DO hold a stockmember meeting once a year at Lambeau Field, where people are told how the team is doing fiscally, and they can ask questions. But it really has no meaning, other then a show of appreciation to the fans that own "stock".
I'm pretty sure thats how it's set up.
If i'm wrong on any of this, other posters can add to what i have wrote, or correct if i made and error.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One might add that, evidenced by the statement below, the Packers are truly America's team. The fan base of the Packers, of course, extends all over the world so it might be concluded that the Packers are Earth's team.

We've probably had a few defections since Favre retired, though :)

From Packers.com:

Shares of stock were purchased by citizens from all 50 states, in addition to fans in Guam and the U.S. ****** Islands. Over half (or roughly 64,300) of the new shares during the 1997-98 offering were bought by Wisconsin residents, followed by inhabitants of Illinois (9,600), Minnesota (4,300), California (3,700), Florida (2,900), Michigan (2,800), Texas (2,500) and Ohio (2,000).

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shareholders do have power to do just about anything but it's stacked pretty heavy against them to initiate any kind of mutiny. If you're a shareholder you can call the Packers and request a copy of the Bylaws.

Members online

Latest posts