A question about the Giants game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just me, or should Eli Manning have been called for intentional grounding on the drive late in the game? We intercepted him later in the drive, so no damage done. But he was in the pocket, NO ONE even CLOSE to where he threw the ball, and they let it go. I was yelling at my TV "Favre! Run out and yell at the refs like you did against the Eagles!"

Did any of you think it was grounding also?

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one where KGB had him wrapped up and was taking him down? He threw it right into the middle of the field to no one.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a bunch of missed calls.

That's what happens when you play New York IN New York.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I thought it was grounding too. But I could not be sure that there was no one in the area. Glad to know that others saw it too.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
There were a bunch of missed calls.

That's what happens when you play New York IN New York.

That's what happen when you play New York IN New Jersey.

That's what happens when you play New York ON the East Coast.

:)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Harris bumped Giants wide receiver Whats-his-name, it was illegal contact but when Driver got mugged twice, it was OK...

The referees Stunk up the joint.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an officiating question: are officials able to give an unsportsmanlike conduct/delay of game penalty to players(Plaxico Burress) who fake being roughed up in hopes of drawing a penalty? He looked like a South American soccer player out there at times with his diving.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an officiating question: are officials able to give an unsportsmanlike conduct/delay of game penalty to players(Plaxico Burress) who fake being roughed up in hopes of drawing a penalty? He looked like a South American soccer player out there at times with his diving.
Barnett shoved him in the back earlier in the play, that was why he went low after his knees. Then "Plexiglass" said something when the refs were there, which got him the penalty.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a guy in the area.

Stop whining, the Packers won the game, didn't they?

You are starting to sound like Bear fans.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And THANK YOU ALL for letting me know I wasn't the only one that saw the grounding! Even on the replay of the play, which was shown from the back of Manning (the eye in the sky camera) you could see there was NO ONE in the area where the ball was thrown. Not even a Packer player!
WHY no one on our D called for the flag from the refs is beyond me!
Maybe a little prompting would have got the refs to WAKE UP and make the OBVIOUS call!
(I feel better now!) :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and you should talk? You've whined about every topic brought up in here.

Of course when you whine it comes from a professional whiner so I guess we should all recognize that. My bad.

Geesh. Talk about the kettle being black.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well maybe there was a guy in the area, but you don't have to be so rude about it. I'll watch the game on tape this week and see for myself.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy nearest to that pass was about 6 yards out and 5 yards deep from where it hit. He clearly threw it intentionally into an empty spot on the field as he was going down.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of QB's get away with intentional grounding. As long as you make an effort, you usually get the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You don't have to be a jerk about it. It was just something i saw. (And i didn't see anyone close to the throw when i watched the replay........if they were there, they were not that close)
Now........how often do i "whine" about stuff? Which i don't see this as whining anyway, i see it as wondering why a call wasn't made. You COULD have said "I saw that there was someone close to the ball when i watched it" and not been such a jerk about it.
But like was stated, maybe you were just mad cause someone else "whined" besides YOU for a change.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs tend to give the benefit of the doubt if the QB is being flung around like Manning was as long as they throw the ball in play and to the line of scrimmage.

I thought he was clearly grounding the ball, but like the ref could not say with absolute certainty that the flight of the ball was not altered by KGB tackling him. In that case I am all for the non-call as long as the calls are consistent.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs tend to give the benefit of the doubt if the QB is being flung around like Manning was as long as they throw the ball in play and to the line of scrimmage.

I thought he was clearly grounding the ball, but like the ref could not say with absolute certainty that the flight of the ball was not altered by KGB tackling him. In that case I am all for the non-call as long as the calls are consistent.

I can see the point but Manning wasn't really being flung around on this play. You could see him look down the middle of the field and throw the ball right where he aimed it vs. being whirled around where the ball could end up anywhere.

It seems like we actually got penalized in this case for having a body on the QB and the refs didn't even give it a thought.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
That's because there WAS a guy in the area.

I saw it.

What number was he wearing? I have the highlight clip right here and I see no one.
Thank you.
I tried to give a benefit of a doubt, but i sure didn't see anyone.
Manning was still in control when he threw the ball.
Maybe in an alternate universe, there WAS someone there. :wink: :roll:

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to clipping?

I saw two blatant clips

1) the incident that preceded the personal foul in the first quarter (I think)
2) on a reverse in the third quarter (again, I think)

Members online

Latest posts