A possible change in draft tactics good/bad for us?

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Bengals are now willing to listen to trade offers for Palmer, which to me looks like they saw something they liked at the QB position and now aren't so worried about Calson moving.
I have flip flopped on my earlier thought of not seeing 3 QBs go in the first round, but now it seems almost likely.

I guess my point is that having CP available, makes it harder, I believe, to trade Flynn, which in turn could have the flow on effect of not being able to move up. There hasn't been any reported interest from other teams that I am aware of for Flynn, so it feels like our window may have just got smaller.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it would constitute tampering if someone made comments about wanting to go after Flynn. Trade discussions wont happen between teams until after the CBA is handed out. Dont worry, there are alot of teams interested.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy already stated he has NO plans to trade Flynn. I think we can put that one to bed now.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they trade Flynn, who would be the back up? Harrel? Or draft a untested QB? I don't believe there are many veteran QB's available for back up. Based on Rodgers injury history, it's better to have a decent back up in the wings.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I still don't think there is a player we need or a position we need to fill so desperately that it would be worth getting rid of a clearly qualified backup quarterback.

Members online

Latest posts